View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Trade Question: Bucs Mike Williams for Steve Johnson 

Would you trade Williams for Johnson?
Yes 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4

Trade Question: Bucs Mike Williams for Steve Johnson 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Trade Question: Bucs Mike Williams for Steve Johnson
Hey guys I'm in a dilemma in a 12-team fantasy league,
I have LeGarrette Blount and Mike Williams, I didnt realize till after the draft I had two starting players from Tampa. I like to steer away from having two players from the same team unless its a qb/wr combo.
I'm looking to trade him for Steve Johnson WR Bills, I know their offense isn't as consistent but I don't think Mike Williams can put up the numbers he did last year.
Here's my starters, if you think I should trade for a different receiver let me know.

QB Mike Vick
RB Legerrette Blount
RB Knowshon Moreno
Flex Marshawn Lynch
WR Greg Jennings
WR Mike Williams

I'll probably get a better picture after sunday when the games have been played so I've enabled re-voting to change your vote

September 9th, 2011, 12:37 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Trade Question: Bucs Mike Williams for Steve Johnson
I have Williams ranked ahead of Johnson so I wouldn't do the trade. I don't worry that much about having a WR and RB on the same team, QB and WR can be a bit of a different story.

I rarely trade for the same position in FF, I tend to look for trades of positional strengths/weaknesses between two teams.

All that said, their FF production last year was pretty close and I don't have that much difference between the two. I also don't really see how this is an upgrade either.

September 9th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

im the exact oposite! i have Johnson ranked higher! lol so....good luck with that lol

September 9th, 2011, 1:47 pm
RIP Killer

I keep the best players I can and if someone gets a "bye" week from me so be it!

September 9th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Team MVP

To me, it comes down to the better QB, which is Freeman. So I would rather have Mike Williams.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 9th, 2011, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
To me, it comes down to the better QB, which is Freeman. So I would rather have Mike Williams.

Very good point! Though I would say Fitz is going to surprise some people, he still won't be as good as Freeman.

September 9th, 2011, 5:35 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Pablo wrote:
I have Williams ranked ahead of Johnson so I wouldn't do the trade. I don't worry that much about having a WR and RB on the same team, QB and WR can be a bit of a different story.

I rarely trade for the same position in FF, I tend to look for trades of positional strengths/weaknesses between two teams.

All that said, their FF production last year was pretty close and I don't have that much difference between the two. I also don't really see how this is an upgrade either.

I appreciate your input, and as for my reasoning or why this is an upgrade I don't like having all my eggs in 1 basket unless its a very good team. Tampa played horribly against us, Blount got me 1 pt and Williams got me 11(would have been 5 if not for his nice TD grab with 1:35 remaining).

Thanks to everyone who voted and replied!

September 11th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]