View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction?
njroar wrote:
It would be BS, but that's not why its a longer suspension.

Quote:
The nature and scope of their violations merit a minimum two-game suspension.

How long did it take before the Miami players fessed up? How long did Tressel hide it? That matters.

Please... learn about what you are talking about before you speak about it... these have NOTHING to do with the 5 involved in the tattoos or Tressel, not a dang thing. You and wjb need to stop saying "I don't follow things" and then come in with remarks that show you haven't even taken the time to learn what is going on.

These 3 players took $200 dollars earlier this year and are given 2 games. Miami players took stuff over the past 2-4 years and part of that was recruiting violations. Though I think we can agree Miami has it's turn coming... this particular nonsense seems ironic given the cash amounts were the same as well as the transgressions. Same thing with the one player of the 6 that only got a one game suspension because of the $$$ value.

Already noted and acknowledged that it might be that there is more too it as they stated.

September 10th, 2011, 1:37 pm
RIP Killer

OSU to answer more questions of the NCAA from latest transgressions.:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... smith-says

Quote:
"Luke was just like me. We were both optimistic based upon precedents that they should be reinstated," he said. "But the NCAA felt that they deserved a (longer) penalty. We were surprised. We disagreed with them. But at the end of the day when I listened to them I kind of understood their rationale."

September 10th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Did you notice the ? I was asking. And Tressel was still the coach earlier this year. His wrongs aren't limited to Pryor and the other 4. The 1 game suspension's were at different schools, and as soon as the news broke they fessed up. It could be as simple as because OSU is under strict scrutiny due to the other offenses, that the same offenses are going to bring stronger penalties at OSU.

September 10th, 2011, 1:49 pm
RIP Killer

OSU fessed up as soon as this came to light as well. Again, with the information given their is either something more that we don't know or this is BS. Miami is going to hit hard, so I am not worried about them. But the standard given for that "crime" has been on game. I'll be interested in hearing why this was different. Just because Tressel was the coach is totally a BS remark. That means squat and implies something that is not the truth.

September 10th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

so being repeat offenders or committing violations during an investigation wouldn't bring stricter penalties? How is that not hard to understand?

September 10th, 2011, 1:58 pm
RIP Killer

No, it wouldn't, not to the personal players. The school takes the blunt of any "repeat offender" issues, not the individual players.

September 10th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

The Buckeyes better start taking these Rockets seriously, they beat UofM a couple of years ago and it was pretty much down hill for the Wolves after that.

September 10th, 2011, 2:16 pm
RIP Killer

These Rockets are tough... hard to figure out who to root for for me... OSU fan , Toledo grad... Hafta go with OSU clearly but if anyone is going to do it might as well be Toledo. Speaking to a graduate class at U of Minn and all I could remember is when we upset them while I was in college.

September 10th, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

Bauserman looked good against Akron because... well they are the worst team in the NCAA. Once he gets any pressure he's not looking so hot. We also lost 3 starters to injury in this game. That on top of the suspensions... not looking so good.

September 10th, 2011, 3:00 pm
RIP Killer

This Page kid is SICK...

September 10th, 2011, 3:21 pm
RIP Killer

That was close.

September 10th, 2011, 3:26 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ix-figures

Quote:
Instead of getting what they're worth, the players receive athletic scholarships that don't cover the full cost of attending school, leaving many of them living below the poverty line, says the report, "The Price of Poverty in Big Time College Sport."

Heaven forbid this little devils take $200 dollars...

September 13th, 2011, 8:26 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6962151/advocacy-group-says-top-college-athletes-worth-six-figures

Quote:
Instead of getting what they're worth, the players receive athletic scholarships that don't cover the full cost of attending school, leaving many of them living below the poverty line, says the report, "The Price of Poverty in Big Time College Sport."

Heaven forbid this little devils take $200 dollars...

yeah those poor guys..heaven forbid they have to be like everyone else and PAY for college...... :roll:

September 13th, 2011, 1:02 pm
RIP Killer

You're right, because others have to pay we should limit what they can actual personally benefit from their efforts. We should make it fair and make sure they can't benefit too much from their talents we so eagerly generate one of the largest markets in the world. Share the $$$ they worked to generate... Stalin would be pleased!

September 13th, 2011, 1:07 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
You're right, because others have to pay we should limit what they can actual personally benefit from their efforts. We should make it fair and make sure they can't benefit too much from their talents we so eagerly generate one of the largest markets in the world. Share the $$$ they worked to generate... Stalin would be pleased!

They are amatuer athletes who get a free college education and you compare that to Stalin - wow.

September 13th, 2011, 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next