View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 hdtv 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: hdtv
If you've never had an HD set its important to note that you need to get an HD receiver, and then watch the HD channels. Really, this should go without saying, but I've seen so many people who buy HD TVs then hook them up like a normal TV. The picture quality actually looks worse on an HDTV if you do that.

September 9th, 2011, 12:58 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Blueskies, this is very true. My new HDTV set in the bedroom looks like crap with the SD receiver, but looks great when I hook it up to the HD box in the living room. Fortunately though, I'm upgrading to a HDTV receiver for the bedroom and it should be here next week.

September 9th, 2011, 1:21 am
Head Cheerleader

I have a 42" Westinghouse HDTV, a couple of years old. I had to reset it to factory settings in order to get it to recognize the HDMI ports again. Apparently this is a common problem on this model.

Anyway, since I have reset it, I can no longer get Fox 2 Detroit over the air on my hdtv antenna. I have tried every combination of channel 002.1 I can think of and no go. Anybody got any ideas on what I can try to get it to see channel 2 again? More importantly, without channel 2, there's no Lions. :cry:

I should also mention that all the other local over the air channels are fine.

September 11th, 2011, 6:29 pm
QB Coach

Anyone have any thoughts on a Westinghouse 40" LED 1080p 120hz tv. It's on sale until Saturday and including discount and tax I could get it for $380.00. It'd be for my bedroom where I currently have an old school 32" tv.

November 13th, 2011, 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3