View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2011 Wolverines 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2011 Wolverines
Wow...

September 10th, 2011, 11:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

I still think those jerseys are hideous. LOL.

September 10th, 2011, 11:48 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They're the throwback uni's. They're so old, the facemasks are still grey. And yes, the game was wow. I was doing something else, so i came back when it was 24-21 and it was still wow lol

September 10th, 2011, 11:58 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

What a game!

As an aside...did anyone else feel Rees was horrible under pressure but at the same time we failed to dial up pressure at key moments?

September 11th, 2011, 12:34 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

When Michigan blitzed, none got home. Rees didn't handle the pressure very well, but he was able to find some receivers. In ND's last drive, they didn't blitz because they were only sending 3 or 4 and dropping the rest, but they blew a coverage which went for the TD.

I had a bad feeling after they scored with 1:12. I even equated it with my feeling of the CJ catch last year in Chicago in week 1. Hopefully the Lions can replicate this feeling tonight for me tomorrow. Go Blue and Go Honolulu Blue!

September 11th, 2011, 1:26 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Considering how sloppy both sides played at times you would of thought it was a terrible game but it ended up as one of the most exciting sporting events that I have watched in sometime. I'm still exhausted.

September 11th, 2011, 10:23 am
RIP Killer

As a casual fan of Michigan and an Irish hater - wow that was a hell of a lotta fun.

Go Blue!

September 11th, 2011, 11:35 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I didn't get to see the game since I'm traveling. Have it recorded at home. But now that I've heard about it, it sounds like it was a great game. Bummed to have my side lose, but congrats to UM for a good comeback.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

September 11th, 2011, 11:55 am
I was at the game, and it was AMAZING... Denard was obviously nervous and over threw a lot of targets. Our D looked horrible, or Nds running back is amazing, one of the two... I can understand Floyd going nuts, but their running back was killing us all day.

September 11th, 2011, 5:54 pm
RIP Killer

IMO a win is a win. I have no idea how they finally pulled that together but the Irish again "should" have won that game but had two redzone turnovers to kill them once again. Great job UM! A good team takes advantage of the opponents mistakes.

September 11th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Great game!

That said, I wouldn't take much from this game on a ranking basis. ND is a mediocre team, and really they should've won. Michigan got extremely lucky and ND basically gave the game away.

I expect Mich St to thoroughly trash ND next week.

September 11th, 2011, 11:35 pm
QB Coach

I've got to wonder something, based upon what I saw Saturday night. Is it possible that Borgess is also learning how to play DR? The 1st half we were stuck and going no where fast, the 2nd half, after adjustments DR singlehandedly won the game by utilizing the tools around him. Do you thing the OC has to learn exactly how strong and capable the stud is in the coral?

Having said that, what is the Pro System QB look like, and/or who would be DR replacement in the next few years, tall and atheltic, or someone who can do what DR does?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 12th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I've got to wonder something, based upon what I saw Saturday night. Is it possible that Borgess is also learning how to play DR? The 1st half we were stuck and going no where fast, the 2nd half, after adjustments DR singlehandedly won the game by utilizing the tools around him. Do you thing the OC has to learn exactly how strong and capable the stud is in the coral?

Having said that, what is the Pro System QB look like, and/or who would be DR replacement in the next few years, tall and atheltic, or someone who can do what DR does?

I believe Borgess and DR are most definetely feeling each other out and it might not be until mid season until the offense is clicking. I thought DR was too amped up in the first half with his passes sailing and such, I actually read a quote from Molk who said he had to tell DR to slow down at half time. I am wearily cautious after the past two seasons with big wins over ND and a fast start to see the team falter later on, this team is going to be a work in progress all season and even with a lack of overall talent it still has some potential to succeed.

After DR and Devin Gardener graduate, here is the future QB for the Wolves:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6931209

September 12th, 2011, 4:14 pm
grgrundge wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I believe Borgess and DR are most definetely feeling each other out and it might not be until mid season until the offense is clicking. I thought DR was too amped up in the first half with his passes sailing and such, I actually read a quote from Molk who said he had to tell DR to slow down at half time. I am wearily cautious after the past two seasons with big wins over ND and a fast start to see the team falter later on, this team is going to be a work in progress all season and even with a lack of overall talent it still has some potential to succeed.

After DR and Devin Gardener graduate, here is the future QB for the Wolves:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6931209

I agree with you completely. When the pressure was on and DR settled down he came through. I think he will work himself out in the next couple of weeks. I just hope he doesn't become notorious for being nervous in big games...

September 13th, 2011, 2:57 pm
QB Coach

So it's come down to this, the OSU game, and for once I think we match up pretty well. Our defense is impressing me more and more as they learn their roles from game to game. I believe next year, the Wolverines, will be even stronger Defensively. Offensively, I am struggling with Borgess doing the flip flop on the QB, it's totally throwing off the rhythm of the team and cost us two games. Stick with the horse you got, and don't try to change him.

So does anyone else things Michigan has a chance at getting this monkey off their back?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 22nd, 2011, 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next