View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft 
Team MVP

Post Re: My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft
njroar wrote:
After week 1, I believe the sweepstakes is going to be between, Seattle, Indianapolis(depending if Manning comes back this season), Cleveland and Kansas City.

Im thinking Indy. Most teams who dont have their starting QB are worse, but still manage to "compete". The Colts looked horrible and are lost without Peyton. If I had to pick next years #1 pick, it would be Indy.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 16th, 2011, 4:35 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

That would be insanely lucky for Indy and great for Luck. Sit behind Peyton for a year and learn.

September 16th, 2011, 7:29 pm
RIP Killer

Darb27 wrote:
That would be insanely lucky for Indy and great for Luck. Sit behind Peyton for a year and learn.

The problem is, depending on who he has advising him, Andrew Luck may want to go to a team that will give him the chance to start immediately, especially since Cam Newton is the starter in Carolina, and the overall opinion was that Luck would have been the pick over Cam. Ego can be a strong thing to overcome. Even Aaron Rodgers said he had a hard time sitting behind Favre, even though he knew he was not going to be better than Brett on the field.

I agree that Luck would be stupid NOT to go to Indy. It should be his preferred destination. But you never know. He may pull an Eli or Elway and state matter of factly he wants no part of Indy because he doesn't want to sit, or he doesn't want to play for a small market team.

September 17th, 2011, 10:32 am
League MVP

By the time of the draft, the Colts will have a pretty good idea of whether or not Manning will ever play again. Luck or Nick Foles or Landry Jones or Brock Osweiler may very well be their starter next season. If Manning is better than he should have a few good years left and they wont be in the market for another QB.

September 28th, 2011, 1:15 am
RIP Killer

If Manning is better, I suspect the Colts will still burn an early pick on a QB, no later than the fourth round. Curtis Painter isn't the guy, that's for sure. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many passes bounced to the intended receiver.

September 28th, 2011, 9:05 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
By the time of the draft, the Colts will have a pretty good idea of whether or not Manning will ever play again. Luck or Nick Foles or Landry Jones or Brock Osweiler may very well be their starter next season. If Manning is better than he should have a few good years left and they wont be in the market for another QB.

Like the Packers with Favre and Rodgers? Imagine trotting out a 1-2 punch at QB of Manning and Luck. It's not just about sucking, it is about when you suck. If the Colts have the top pick when both Manning and Luck entered the draft, well that horseshoe must be lucky indeed.

September 28th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

I think if Manning is healthy then there is no way they will draft Luck. They will trade the pick and get whatever they can to make another run with Manning. Favre Rodgers is different bc Favre was talking about retiring every season plus Rodgers was taken much later in the first round, not first overall as Luck will be. I ve not heard of Manning ever talk about retirement being an option though he may not have much choice if he still has weakness or doesnt heal his cervical spine fusion

September 29th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
I think if Manning is healthy then there is no way they will draft Luck. They will trade the pick and get whatever they can to make another run with Manning. Favre Rodgers is different bc Favre was talking about retiring every season plus Rodgers was taken much later in the first round, not first overall as Luck will be. I ve not heard of Manning ever talk about retirement being an option though he may not have much choice if he still has weakness or doesnt heal his cervical spine fusion

Ya know, thought I think you can be right about that, I really wouldnt be surprised if they actually did draft Luck.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 29th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3