View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rank the seven undefeated (2-0) teams 
RIP Killer

Post Rank the seven undefeated (2-0) teams
Tonights game is a matchup of 0-1 teams so we already know who is unbeaten after week two. I smell a fraud or two on the list (I mean one of them is actually starting Rex Grossman), what say you?

Power Rank the following:

Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Washington Redskins

September 19th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Rank the seven undefeated (2-0) teams
Skins and Bills (maybe) is the only team I can say fraud. I honestly think the list is pretty legit...

September 19th, 2011, 2:35 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Skins and Bills (maybe) is the only team I can say fraud. I honestly think the list is pretty legit...

ageed, I'm looking to see where everyone thinks the Lions fit in on this list.

September 19th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If I had to rank them...

1 New England Patriots
2 Green Bay Packers
3 New York Jets
4 Detroit Lions
5 Houston Texans
6 Buffalo Bills
7 Washington Redskins

September 19th, 2011, 2:52 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
If I had to rank them...

1 New England Patriots
2 Green Bay Packers
3 New York Jets
4 Detroit Lions
5 Houston Texans
6 Buffalo Bills
7 Washington Redskins

About right, now consider...

1 - Lions dominated the Pats/Brady in the preseason
2 - Lions handed Pack their last defeat
3 - Lions lost to Jets on a missed Suh XP

Kinda crazy when you think about it...

September 19th, 2011, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Could be KC is making the Bills and Lions look good too ;) They coould be THAT bad.

September 19th, 2011, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

While KC is a bad team, and the Bills beat a ho-hum Oakland team as well, they did come back in fine fashion. That said, there are still loads of question marks in Buffalo, so much so I don't consider them legit.

My rankings:
1. Patroits - Brady is lighting it up, and until someone finds a way to cool him down, they'll stay in this spot. Pre-season is over, so what the Lions did to him doesn't count in the least.

2. Packers - They beat a pretty good Saints team, but struggled somewhat against Carolina. Still, good teams find ways to win, and Rodgers was really good in that first week win when he needed to be.

3. Lions - It's 2011, so what was in the past is in the past. The game against the Bucs wasn't as close as it appeared, and they dismantled KC pretty handily. Until proven otherwise, they are the real deal.

4. Texans - Their defense is still making adjustments, but you have to like their offense and playmakers on both sides of the ball. Without a doubt, this is the best team in the AFC South. To date they are the only team to give up less points than the Lions in the entire league. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they played two teams with struggling offenses.

5. Jets - I'm not convinced of the greatness of this team, and think that they will soon get knocked off their throne. Though they manhandled Jacksonville, the Jags aren't a particularly good team. They were given a gift by Tony Romo last week. Not convinced, at all.

6. Bills - Sorry, but their offensive line is a work in progress, they shipped Lee Evans to Baltimore, and really..who have they played? The Chiefs and Raiders. Call me after they play a decent team.

7. Redskins - Any team that starts Rex Grossman is NOT good.

September 19th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Junior Varsity

1 New England Patriots
2 Green Bay Packers
3 New York Jets
4 Detroit Lions
5 Houston Texans
6 Washington Redskins
7 Buffalo Bills

September 19th, 2011, 4:07 pm
New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Detroit Lions
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills
Washington Redskins

September 19th, 2011, 4:07 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

m2karateman wrote:
While KC is a bad team, and the Bills beat a ho-hum Oakland team as well, they did come back in fine fashion. That said, there are still loads of question marks in Buffalo, so much so I don't consider them legit.

My rankings:
1. Patroits - Brady is lighting it up, and until someone finds a way to cool him down, they'll stay in this spot. Pre-season is over, so what the Lions did to him doesn't count in the least.

2. Packers - They beat a pretty good Saints team, but struggled somewhat against Carolina. Still, good teams find ways to win, and Rodgers was really good in that first week win when he needed to be.

3. Lions - It's 2011, so what was in the past is in the past. The game against the Bucs wasn't as close as it appeared, and they dismantled KC pretty handily. Until proven otherwise, they are the real deal.

4. Texans - Their defense is still making adjustments, but you have to like their offense and playmakers on both sides of the ball. Without a doubt, this is the best team in the AFC South. To date they are the only team to give up less points than the Lions in the entire league. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they played two teams with struggling offenses.

5. Jets - I'm not convinced of the greatness of this team, and think that they will soon get knocked off their throne. Though they manhandled Jacksonville, the Jags aren't a particularly good team. They were given a gift by Tony Romo last week. Not convinced, at all.

6. Bills - Sorry, but their offensive line is a work in progress, they shipped Lee Evans to Baltimore, and really..who have they played? The Chiefs and Raiders. Call me after they play a decent team.

7. Redskins - Any team that starts Rex Grossman is NOT good.

I have them ranked the same, but think they will change quickly.

1 - Pats are deadly, but neither Miami or SD had any pass rush. Brady just sat back and picked apart both secondaries. I'm waiting for a team to watch our tape and actually send more than 3 and 4. SD got to him a few times, but when it mattered, they sent 3 and dropped into coverage. The 2 TE set isn't going to be beat by coverage, its going to be beat by making Brady get rid of it faster.

2 - Same, neither NO or Car got a pass rush going. Turnovers made the difference. I think the once defenses can start getting pressure, Rodgers will cool down.

3 - We're the only team in the league that has given up 0 sacks. Half is the line playing well, the other half is Stafford being smart and getting rid of the ball and not taking chances.

4 - Need to see them play a decent team. They have potential, but a Manningless Indy and Miami which has no pass rush just makes it too easy for Shaub (or any QB) to pick em apart. Miami has lost 14/15 home games?

5 - The only thing holding them back in the past has been Sanchez. Now its sanchez and lack of running game. Holmes and Heller are carrying them. Mangold going down with ankle could be cause a losing streak. Jacksonville could have punted on 1st down and you'd end up with same score.

6 - Oakland had all of their top recievers inactive, and west coast to east coast is tough for an early game. Just have their TE active and Oakland wins. For as good as the DL is for Oakland, they gave up 120+ to Fred Jackson.

7 - The only thing that will keep Washington competitive is the Shanahan running game. Can plug any back in and they'll perform. Grossman just has to manage game. Stack against the run and can beat Washington every time. Turnovers killed Arizona. NYG lost their entire secondary to IR and both starting DE's didn't play.

September 19th, 2011, 4:25 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

1. Patriots
2. Packers
3. Texans
4. Lions
5. Jets
6. Bills
7. Redskins

September 19th, 2011, 4:44 pm
RIP Killer

Seems like the top and bottom 2 are pretty easy, the middle three is where things are the most interesting...

September 19th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Looks like most people have had enough coolaid to put some legit 2-0's behind the Lions. Long live the coolaid!

September 19th, 2011, 4:56 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Looks like most people have had enough coolaid to put some legit 2-0's behind the Lions. Long live the coolaid!

I'm not sure what kind of "coolaid" you have been drinking, me thinks Jesus Juice! Might want some "kornbread" to go with it... :P

September 19th, 2011, 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

1.Patriots
2.Packers
3.Texans
4.Jets
5.Lions
6.Bills
7.Redskins

I have the Lions down a bit further than the other lists but I really think 3-5 are a toss up right now. None of those teams have put out a statement against a really good opponent thus far. I don't really have an objection to shaking that up. I just like to keep my optimism a little more reserved.

September 19th, 2011, 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next