View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 NFC North Watch 2011 
RIP Killer

Post Re: NFC North Watch 2011
If the Bears manage to beat either the Saints or Packers in the next two weeks, then I'll give them their due. Until then.......not so much.

September 12th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:
If the Bears manage to beat either the Saints or Packers in the next two weeks, then I'll give them their due. Until then.......not so much.

Who knows what this Bears team is. I can tell you one thing though, they will have to deal with injuries in a way they never had to last year.

Listening to Chicago sports talk radio, they are quaking in their boots at the thought of facing the LIONS!!!! :arrow: :cheers:

September 19th, 2011, 9:13 am
RIP Killer

And the Bears SHOULD be quaking. They got exposed, big time, yesterday against the Saints. Chicago isn't even close to being the team they thought they were after the Atlanta game. The only reason they managed a TD was because of a BS call against Harper.

I can't wait for the Monday night game......it's a damn shame I won't be able to watch it. I'll be at the Field, working though.

September 19th, 2011, 11:50 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Cutler bitched out the staff after taking another 6 sacks. 2 games, 11 sacks. He might be on IR before week 5, then they'll use that as an excuse.

September 19th, 2011, 4:26 pm
QB Coach

Lovie Smith also admitted that Martz's play calling has to change. Today he said something about knowing that the balance wasn't there (they called far more passes than runs in this past game) and that they're going to correct it. It's crazy how Martz can't seem to do that himself and has to be kept on a leash.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 19th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Cutler getting hit hard many times, and Martz not running a balanced offense? This is shocking to Lions and Rams fans. Are there any more former Lions from the 06-08 teams the Bears want? I think Travis Fischer might be available.

September 19th, 2011, 6:53 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Nick Collins done for the season after the next injury he suffered Sunday against the Panthers.

September 19th, 2011, 7:29 pm
Div 1 - Starter

That's a blow to the Pack. They've still got some good players in the secondary, but their middle just opened up a bit more.

September 19th, 2011, 8:27 pm

m2karateman wrote:
And the Bears SHOULD be quaking. They got exposed, big time, yesterday against the Saints. Chicago isn't even close to being the team they thought they were after the Atlanta game. The only reason they managed a TD was because of a BS call against Harper.

I can't wait for the Monday night game......it's a damn shame I won't be able to watch it. I'll be at the Field, working though.

What are you doing at the game?

September 20th, 2011, 9:29 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I'll be working one of the concession stands. My kids go to a private school, and they have a non profit group that works a couple stands at Ford Field. The money we earn goes towards our kids tuition.

I'd like to say I'd be up in the coaches booth telling Schwartz what to do, but I don't think you (or anybody else) would buy that story.....

September 20th, 2011, 10:09 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Lovie Smith also admitted that Martz's play calling has to change. Today he said something about knowing that the balance wasn't there (they called far more passes than runs in this past game) and that they're going to correct it. It's crazy how Martz can't seem to do that himself and has to be kept on a leash.

Lovie Smith is about to find out just how hard headed Martz is. When Martz was here he said he would run a balanced offense, and didn't. If he did run in the first half, he would abandon it in the second half in his desire to air it out. He did that a couple times with the Lions holding a lead after the half, and the Lions ended up losing because our defense couldn't get off the field.

Martz won't change his ways, for Lovie Smith or anyone else. He's a firm believer in his offense, and he'll blame Smith, Cutler, the offensive tackles, the catering company or the program vendors for the problems with the offense. Whatever the case, it's not the fault of him or his system. Just ask him.

September 20th, 2011, 10:13 am
Team MVP

Not sure if its been posted yet or not, but if the Bears O-line wasnt bad enough, their starting RT Gabe Carimi is now out 4 weeks.

The Lions D-line has to be salivating.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 20th, 2011, 12:44 pm
Modmin Dude

From today's "No sh!t sherlock" file...
PFT wrote:
Lovie Smith needs to rein in Mike Martz’s play calling
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT

In Sunday’s loss to the Saints, Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz called 52 passes and 11 runs. Bears coach Lovie Smith says that’s a problem.

“I know the balance as far as run/pass wasn’t there,” Smith said. “All I can say is we’ll get it better. We can’t win football games with that kind of balance.”

Smith and Martz are old friends, and Smith feels a lot of loyalty to Martz because Martz gave Smith his first opportunity to be a defensive coordinator in St. Louis. So as long as Smith is the head coach in Chicago, Martz’s job as offensive coordinator is probably safe.

But it’s clear that Smith realizes Martz can go overboard in his love of the passing game. On Sunday the Saints were selling out to blitz Jay Cutler, sacking him six times and hitting him as he passed several more times. Mixing in some draws to Matt Forte would have, if nothing else, kept the Saints’ defense honest.

And it’s not like the Bears only got pass-happy because they fell behind. Although the final score was 30-13, the Bears were within three points midway through the third quarter, and the game only got out of hand in the fourth quarter — long after Martz had abandoned the running game.

The Bears’ most effective drive on Sunday came in the first quarter, when Forte got things started with a 42-yard run and the Bears mixed runs and passes on the way to going 87 yards in 11 plays and getting in the end zone for the only time on the day. It makes no sense that after that drive, the Bears only ran five more handoffs for the entire game.

Smith is right: The Bears aren’t going to win many games when they call 52 passes and 11 runs. If Martz doesn’t realize that, the Bears have a problem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... y-calling/

September 20th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

A Packers fan called in to the Opening Drive show on Sirius NFL Radio. He asked Rich Gannon to break down the Lions and Chiefs game in his film room segment this week because Detroit is scaring the crap out of him. ROFL.

September 20th, 2011, 4:22 pm

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I'll be working one of the concession stands. My kids go to a private school, and they have a non profit group that works a couple stands at Ford Field. The money we earn goes towards our kids tuition.

I'd like to say I'd be up in the coaches booth telling Schwartz what to do, but I don't think you (or anybody else) would buy that story.....

That's cool! And at least you get to go to the game.

September 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next