View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Pac 12 + Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State? 
RIP Killer

Post Pac 12 + Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State?
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ing-source

Looks like they are discussing this.

September 19th, 2011, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Pac 12 + Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State?
I don't see it stopping here, get ready for 20-team megaconferences meaning their will be about 4 relevant ones. could set up nice for a playoff system - each conference has its title game and the winners each go into the semifinals - winners face off in the title game.

September 19th, 2011, 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They have been talking about that, but the ACC seems to be making a run for relevance here too.

September 19th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Hall of Fame Player

What the heck is the Big 10 doing? Besides sitting in a dark room playing with itself. Drop your peckers and go after Oklahoma and Texas and Kansas. But, no. The Big 10 is going to bury it's collective head in the sand and will become the next Big12. In this environment, if you aren't picking up teams from other conferences, the other conferences are going to try to pick you apart.

Get off your butts and go after some of the elite teams Big10. Or your going to go extinct.

September 19th, 2011, 9:17 pm
QB Coach

Why don't they quit messing around and just do an CFE and CFW conferences?

That's College Football East, and College Football West.

Consolidate the whole thing into a national system like they did the afl nfl and go from there.

But like someone else said, do some sub conferences and then play the final two....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 20th, 2011, 8:30 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

steensn wrote:
They have been talking about that, but the ACC seems to be making a run for relevance here too.

The ACC will be one of the four relevant conferences. Looks like the B1G, Pac-12, ACC, and SEC will be the big dogs. The leftovers from the Big East and Big 12 may combine to form a conference but it would be pretty watered down (Louisville, Cincinnati, South FL, Kansas, Iowa St, Kansas St., etc.).

September 20th, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
steensn wrote:

The ACC will be one of the four relevant conferences. Looks like the B1G, Pac-12, ACC, and SEC will be the big dogs. The leftovers from the Big East and Big 12 may combine to form a conference but it would be pretty watered down (Louisville, Cincinnati, South FL, Kansas, Iowa St, Kansas St., etc.).

The Big 12 East could be relevant, in March.

So the winners of the Pac-10 and Big-10 will play in the Rose Bowl semifinal, the winner of the ACC and SEC will play in the Orange Bowl semifinal. The winner of those games will play in the Fiesta Bowl championship. (sorry Sugar Bowl)

September 20th, 2011, 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
steensn wrote:

So the winners of the Pac-10 and Big-10 will play in the Rose Bowl semifinal, the winner of the ACC and SEC will play in the Orange Bowl semifinal. The winner of those games will play in the Fiesta Bowl championship. (sorry Sugar Bowl)

HMMM, that is actually a good way to keep tradition alive. But what about poor old TCU and the fact things are still stacked against them :(

September 20th, 2011, 3:34 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
steensn wrote:

HMMM, that is actually a good way to keep tradition alive. But what about poor old TCU and the fact things are still stacked against them :(

Put dem Horned Frogs in the Sugar Bowl.

September 20th, 2011, 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Sounds like the PAC 12 is putting this on the back burner for now:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... nd-further

September 21st, 2011, 7:05 am
RIP Killer

Yup, sounds like the biggest issue is Texas and their firm stance that they do not want to have any revenue sharing. I think this will keep them out of any major conference as the Big 12 won't stick around with that format. All the other schools will bail first chance to make some more cash.

This may though allow Oklahoma the ability to jet seperate and maybe join the Big Ten ;)

September 21st, 2011, 10:53 am
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
Yup, sounds like the biggest issue is Texas and their firm stance that they do not want to have any revenue sharing. I think this will keep them out of any major conference as the Big 12 won't stick around with that format. All the other schools will bail first chance to make some more cash.

This may though allow Oklahoma the ability to jet seperate and maybe join the Big Ten ;)

I so want Oklahoma in the Big 10. I know we don't really have a shot at Texas. But, with the addition of Nebraska ( Done), Oklahoma (crossing fingers), and Kansas ( More for Basketball than Football), I think the Big 10 would become the most dominant Conference in all of the NCAA sports. That would bring the Big 10 to 14 teams which is very manageable. I actually want the Big 10 to become the first 20 school conference. But, that will be a while before that happens.

September 22nd, 2011, 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]