View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TO flies to Korea to get Stem Cell treatments on his knee. 
Veteran General Manager

Post TO flies to Korea to get Stem Cell treatments on his knee.
I'm not up on all the modern medicine. But, doesn't getting a stem cell treatment require that an unborn baby gets aborted in order to get the stem cells? If so, I just lost any respect I ever had for TO.

September 20th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Re: TO flies to Korea to get Stem Cell treatments on his kne
BillySims wrote:
I'm not up on all the modern medicine. But, doesn't getting a stem cell treatment require that an unborn baby gets aborted in order to get the stem cells? If so, I just lost any respect I ever had for TO.

Um NO! Please at least try to Google something before you make an rectum out of yourself :rolleyes:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 20th, 2011, 5:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

I don't have a link for this. But, it was reported on Sirius NFL Radio's 2 minute drill.

September 20th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Veteran General Manager

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Um NO! Please at least try to Google something before you make an rectum out of yourself :rolleyes:

Then where did the stem cells come from and why would he have had to go to Korea to get it done?

September 20th, 2011, 5:04 pm
Modmin Dude

Read and learn: http://stemcells.nih.gov/

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm
RIP Killer

Beat me to it... currently there is no stem cell treatment available from dead babies. They are only working on clinical studies at this point using dead babies. Adults stem cells do have treatments at this point...

September 20th, 2011, 5:16 pm
Veteran General Manager

steensn wrote:
Beat me to it... currently there is no stem cell treatment available from dead babies. They are only working on clinical studies at this point using dead babies. Adults stem cells do have treatments at this point...

Thank you. That's why I asked in my initial post. I admitted that I didn't know any of this stuff. It wasn't an attempt to be a rectum as Wags put it.

September 20th, 2011, 5:23 pm
RIP Killer

But don't fear, dead babies will soon drive our ability to live longer! Can't kill whales to make nice skin cream, but spread a little dead baby butter on your wrinkles in the near future and let the healing begin!

September 20th, 2011, 5:31 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:

Thank you. That's why I asked in my initial post. I admitted that I didn't know any of this stuff. It wasn't an attempt to be a rectum as Wags put it.

I think Wags' point is that in less than the amount of time you spent writing your post and reading replies, you could have just googled stem cells and found your answer.

Personally, you posting here doesn't bother me, but I think that was Wags' point.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

September 20th, 2011, 5:32 pm
QB Coach

Does anyone remember the treatment that Yzerman got in Canada when we played the Devils? He had taken a "season" ending knee injury if I remember correctly, and then went to Canada for an Ozone therapy treatment of some kind. He was back playing at top level shortly there after.

Could it be that the announcers misquoted the procedure? Is my memory fogged and I don't remember the Red Wing player and situation correctly?

My understanding is that the procedure works in that they give you a shot of the ozone, and then place you in a pure oxygen enviroment, which accelerates the healing process. I have NO evidence to back that up, just what I've heard. I have also heard that they've cured cancer the same way, but Pharmaceuticals make SO MUCH money on their cocktails that they block it from happening here in the U.S.

Same applies to Magic Johnson who supposedly went to England and had his blood "boiled" by electricity killing the HIV virus.

AGAIN THESE ARE ALL THINGS I"VE HEARD AND CAN NOT SUBSTANTIATE WITH DOCUMENTS.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 21st, 2011, 8:27 am
Modmin Dude

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:

I think Wags' point is that in less than the amount of time you spent writing your post and reading replies, you could have just googled stem cells and found your answer.

Personally, you posting here doesn't bother me, but I think that was Wags' point.

Bingo!
That and IMO this is a rather ignorant, if not inflammatory, statement (and also sounds an awful lot like political talking points):
Quote:
But, doesn't getting a stem cell treatment require that an unborn baby gets aborted in order to get the stem cells?

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 21st, 2011, 9:45 am
RIP Killer

It does sound very political if abortion has be relegated to politics only. All he had to do was say "embryonic " in the sentence and he doesn't sound so ignorant to the topic... he has the right idea...

September 21st, 2011, 9:52 am
RIP Killer

It was my understanding that the BEST source for stem cells comes not from the child, but from the umbilical cord.

However, stem cells can be had from many different sources. It's just that the most pure cells come from an unborn or newly born.

September 21st, 2011, 9:52 am
Veteran General Manager

TheRealWags wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:

Bingo!
That and IMO this is a rather ignorant, if not inflammatory, statement (and also sounds an awful lot like political talking points):
Quote:
But, doesn't getting a stem cell treatment require that an unborn baby gets aborted in order to get the stem cells?

All I ever heard on the radio about stem cells is that they come from unborn fetuses. That was several years ago. I have not listened to Political talk or the news for about 4 years now. It is all just to darned depressing. And you know what? I am significantly a happier person now that I don't listen to that crap. So, you can take that statement of yours and stick it where the sun don't shine.

September 22nd, 2011, 6:20 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
All I ever heard on the radio about stem cells is that they come from unborn fetuses. That was several years ago. I have not listened to Political talk or the news for about 4 years now. It is all just to darned depressing. And you know what? I am significantly a happier person now that I don't listen to that crap. So, you can take that statement of yours and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Wow. So it sounds like in your opinion it's unreasonable to expect someone to actually look something up before they make a statement about said topic. Ah-mazing.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

September 22nd, 2011, 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next