View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Killer's Korner 
Position Coach

Post Re: Killer's Korner
BillySims wrote:
OK, So how do you do a Viking themed celebration? Similate plundering and raping women? LOL.

prolly the classic mocking of Jared Allen's rodeo thing.

September 21st, 2011, 12:08 am
Player of the Year - Offense

how about the simulated copulation with a sheep? Oh wait, did I just say that? :shock: That would be too graphic, and totally inappropriate!!! Bad Warer, get back to work....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 21st, 2011, 8:04 am
NFL Team Captain

I always thought that the "Barry Sanders Celebration" was one of the classiest move is sports. Flip the ball to the ref and go about your business. No fuss, no muss, just pure class.

Oppossing teams will respect the athlete and the person. That goes alot further than pissing off one team for alittle while.

September 21st, 2011, 10:21 am
RIP Killer

I like a good celebration, but I also like a humble person. I like to be entertained...

September 21st, 2011, 10:35 am
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
With talent and depth at nearly every position, Detroit Lions on verge of having elite defense

ALLEN PARK -- It started before last season, when the Detroit Lions invested heavily in revamping their defensive line. The team signed defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, traded for defensive tackle Corey Williams and drafted Ndamukong Suh.

The returns were immediate. The Lions nearly doubled their sack total from the previous season, going from the bottom five in the league at getting to the quarterback to one of the NFL's most feared defensive fronts.

But the increased pressure on opposing quarterbacks wasn't enough to keep opponents off the scoreboard. In 2010, Detroit still finished in the bottom half of the league, giving up more than 23 points per game.

So this offseason the Lions bolstered their linebacking unit, adding veterans Justin Durant and Stephen Tulloch in free agency.

"Both of those guys have played a lot of football in the NFL," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "You know, five, six years of production -- they're both real young and they've played. They've been exposed to just about everything that we do."

Tulloch, who played for the Tennessee Titans when Schwartz was the defensive coordinator with the team, finished second in the NFL in tackles last season. His addition also allowed the Lions to move third-year player DeAndre Levy back to outside linebacker, a position he played at the University of Wisconsin.

To put the improvements into perspective, the Lions three starting linebackers at the beginning of last season -- Julian Peterson, Landon Johnson and Zach Follett -- all currently are out of football.

The Lions also continued to build up their secondary. They re-signed free agent Chris Houston and acquired cornerback Eric Wright, though free agency. Combined with young and talented safeties Louis Delmas and Amari Spievey, the group is no longer a glaring deficiency.

"They're not only doing their job within the scheme -- making tackles, defending, being in the right spot -- but also, making plays," Schwartz said about his secondary.

The early results this season have been remarkable.

In its two victories, Detroit has given up 23 total points. When you subtract Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib's interception return for a touchdown in Week 1, the defense has given up only eight points per game.

Heading into a Week 3 matchup against the Vikings in Minnesota, the Lions defense is second in the NFL in points allowed, seventh in yardage and first in takeaways, with four interceptions and four fumble recoveries.

Still, the players feel there is room for improvement.

"We can be extremely better," Wright said. "We have the ability to be a great, great defense. We just have to continue to move in a positive direction, get better, learn from our mistakes and build off the things we do well."

Perhaps lost in the early success are the reinforcements the Lions have coming in the next few weeks. Cornerback Alphonso Smith should be ready to go next week and will likely jump over Aaron Berry on the depth chart.

Berry, in his second season, has been productive in the nickel package for the Lions, but after sitting out all of last season with an injury, he's essentially a rookie. Smith will provide an additional veteran presence on passing downs.

Also waiting in the wings is first-round draft pick Nick Fairley, who decimated SEC offensive lines at Auburn last year on his way to winning the Lombardi award for the nation's best defensive lineman.

Fairley, who required surgery on a foot injury incurred in training camp, probably won't see a lot of snaps when he does return to action, but he won't need to. He'll provide another set of fresh legs in the defensive line rotation.

Finally, the Lions have depth. No longer is the team incapable of dealing with an injury. On the defensive line, Fairley, Sammie Lee Hill, Andre Fluellen and Lawrence Jackson are capable of playing more snaps. Bobby Carpenter and Ashley Palmer both started games at linebacker last season, and Smith, Berry and safety Erik Coleman provide insurance in the secondary.

Lions fans have plenty of reasons to temper their optimism. There's a track record of failure longer than anyone cares to discuss.

But the potential of this defense is almost undeniable. From the talent, to the scheme, to the depth, this is the most complete defense this town has seen in decades.

September 21st, 2011, 10:53 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

I know that we are only 2 weeks into the season but this team has made me so happy and excited that during Sundays game I got the biggest hardon that I have had in 20 yrs.

I was so excited and proud that I painted the sucker Honolulu Blue and Silver. Once the paint was dry I ran to the livingroom and stuck it out the window so everybody could see it.

Imagine my surprise when the lady from across the street, a Vikings fan, comes running to the window. My sphincter puckered in fear of what see might do. You know what? She made it purple!!!!!

I was blown away!!!!

All in all a good day!!!

Thanks Killer! :cheers: =D>

September 21st, 2011, 7:36 pm
RIP Killer

AP wrote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. — Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best if often overlooked when people talk about the NFC’s highest-scoring offense.

Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson get much of the attention, followed by Nate Burleson and Tony Scheffler.

Best, though, insists it doesn’t bother him.

“I don’t mind it at all,” Best said Wednesday. “I just care about winning, we’ve done that twice so far, and that’s all that matters.

“I’m just praying I don’t get another freak injury.”

So far, so good, heading into Sunday’s game on the road against the winless Minnesota Vikings.

Best has helped Detroit rout Kansas City at home and win at Tampa Bay, avoiding injuries after banged-up big toes stunted his rookie season.

“Last year was like rock bottom,” said Best, who was slowed by a concussion last month. “It can only go up from there. Last year, dealing with those toes and it being my first year was tough. That has made this year be easier.”

He has touched the ball 47 times through two games, the busiest stretch of his brief career, and his 237 yards have accounted for 28 percent of the Lions’ offense. He has 37 carries for 129 yards and a touchdown along with 10 catches, ranking second on the team, for 108 yards and a score.

Best can burst through a hole on the ground and he can catch passes out of the backfield, complementing the Stafford-and-Johnson-led unit and giving opponents one more guy to worry about.

“The acceleration that he has, it really jumps out at you when you watch the tape,” Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. “It doesn’t take him long for him to get to top speed. Give him a draw or a screen and he puts the pedal to metal in a hurry.”

That’s why Detroit traded up in the draft last year to select Best No. 30 overall, giving up a second-round pick and some later-round selections to Minnesota.

Best missed the last four games of his final season at California after a fall knocked him out and sent him to the hospital with a concussion and sore back. Then he couldn’t stay healthy last year.

He got off to a sensational start in the NFL, the first rookie to score five times in his first two games since Detroit’s Billy Sims in 1980. He had 154 yards receiving in Week 2, the most by a first-year running back since Herschel Walker in 1986, 232 yards of offense and three scores.

In Week 3, coincidently at Minnesota, Best left the game in the third quarter with an injured big toe on his right foot and was never the same the rest of the season. He played through the pain every game.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz is thankful to have Best back.

“He’s been healthy,” Schwartz said. “Last year starting early in the season, he had the toe injuries and was never able to get back until it was really late. We started seeing a little bit of it, but it wasn’t as consistent as it is now.”

September 22nd, 2011, 11:07 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://www.freep.com/article/20110922/S ... p-shoulder

freep wrote:
Bill Laimbeer: Detroit Lions need to have chip on shoulder

Former Detroit Pistons Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer endorses the tough attitude of the Detroit Lions and their quarterback-crushing defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

"Not everybody can be the pretty boys," Laimbeer told ESPN.com’s Elizabeth Merrill. “I think that Detroit has always been put down for the longest time, especially for the last 20-25 years. They need to have that chip on their shoulder. They need to represent a hard-working city that gets beat on and say, 'Hey, we're not going to take any crap from anybody. We're going to take what we want.' "

Laimbeer, an assistant coach with the NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves, went on to say he thinks Suh plays hard and not dirty, despite the costly fines from the NFL. He said Suh is just doing his part to help change the culture of the Lions.

September 22nd, 2011, 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Quote:
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford free to audible play calls

ALLEN PARK -- Earlier this week, MLive.com commenter treker asked about Matthew Stafford's freedom to change the play call at the line of scrimmage. I didn't know the answer, so I asked.

"He changes every play," offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said with a smile. "I give him one, he doesn't like it, then he runs the one that's going to work."

Obviously Stafford doesn't change every play, but his coordinator trusts him to do so when necessary.

"He's very good at it," Linehan said. "He's got a very good grasp of the offense and he understands what we're trying to do - understands the game plan. We try to have the check last on offense and you have to have a quarterback that's able to do that."

Stafford says most of the changes he makes at the line are subtle variations of his coach's calls.

"(Jim Schwartz) gives me a lot of freedom," Stafford explained. "A lot of the time he calls really good plays and I don't have to do much. But there are subtle adjustments - keeping the same play on - but giving a guy one different route out of the four receivers that I do quite a bit."

September 22nd, 2011, 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

jomo269 wrote:
I always thought that the "Barry Sanders Celebration" was one of the classiest move is sports. Flip the ball to the ref and go about your business. No fuss, no muss, just pure class.

Oppossing teams will respect the athlete and the person. That goes alot further than pissing off one team for alittle while.

But, the mocking the other team is so much funner. LOL. We have always been the recipient of the mocking. It's our turn to do the mocking.

September 22nd, 2011, 8:01 pm

Okay, so who's the beat writer now? Who's the man with the GOLDEN PEN that can shake em up, wake em up, and get something started?

I have watched for 3 weeks now, to see Lions highlights on ESPN and have seen squat. Yesterday for example: the Lions/Minnie would be on the left side ticker and then they would suddenly cut to baseball, and when they came back it's gone. This happened for over an hour!

SOMEONE in the FREEP, Detroit News, or wherever needs to be SCREAMING to print heaven about this. I understand that Detroit is not a media darling, but seriously, 1 of 4 unbeaten teams in the first quarter of the season. They've done it decisively, come from behind, and dominantly, and still squat.

This may be nothing for those of you who get to see the game via live television, but for those of us who get stuck watching out of market televison like the san diego sexchangers against the oakland fakers, it's ridiculous.

We, too, wish to hear some hype from the talking heads at NFL, ESPN and so on, and someone with the pen for the masses needs to step up and make it known!!!

If killer had a voice for the common man, and would open his time and abilities to speak to us, and for us, then someone is missing a golden opportunity to speak on our behalf NOW!!!!

Somebody on here either knows somebody, or actually writes for a few people, I've seen it. I even believe there are a few inside guys who work at Lions HQ or something who know a few things but don't always share em. Maybe they can rattle some cages!

Hook some people up, make it known on Espn, or direct us to a sport coverage station that is going to do it in lieu of the ones not doing it.

PLEASE!!!!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 26th, 2011, 12:03 pm
RIP Killer

I'm hearing about the Lions all over, even on Dallas radio. They are all over ESPN, ESPN radio, the NFL Network, etc. That was Suh you saw on the front page of ESPN.com last week.

Here is a solution - DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket. You can watch every Lions game. This is also streaming on the web.

The answer is out their Neo, just swallow the Honolulu Blue pill.

September 26th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

Yep you caught me voicing my frustration..... It may take ESPN a day to catch up, because I just caught some water cooler talk about the Lions and bills, but still doesn't seem to be the team by team highlights that I saw yesterday. Definite favortism with the Bills, and I don't get that....

September 26th, 2011, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Yep you caught me voicing my frustration..... It may take ESPN a day to catch up, because I just caught some water cooler talk about the Lions and bills, but still doesn't seem to be the team by team highlights that I saw yesterday. Definite favortism with the Bills, and I don't get that....

The Bills did defeat Brady and the mighty Pats, we knocked off a Vikes team that has yet to sniff the win column. I think the Bills were the bigger story yesterday.

September 26th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I agree Pablo.

September 26th, 2011, 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next