View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Never Forget 
Modmin Dude

Post Never Forget
**Pls feel free to leave thoughts, messages, prayers in this thread***

http://www.911memorial.org/

ImageImage

The thought of the events that day 10 years ago still make me emotional. Thoughts and prayers to those who lost loved ones and to our entire Country.

September 11th, 2011, 10:14 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Never Forget
10 years, let's show them that we are not going to live in fear and let the terrorist win that day.

September 11th, 2011, 10:43 am
Afghan Allstar

I've been in the Navy for 11 years. I was stationed in DC on 9/11 at the Navy Yard, about 5 miles away from the Pentagon. My command was split between the Navy Yard and the Pentagon. The plane hit almost directly on our Communications Center. We lost 7 people that day.

Subsequently, I have made 4 deployments. The first one in 2003, my ship shot Tomahawk Missiles before our Troops went into Iraq. Two more taking additional Marines to Iraq. And a 1 year tour on the ground in Afghanistan. I'm currently in training for another 6-7 months in Afghanistan.

I know I will Never Forget.

Where was everyone else that day?

September 11th, 2011, 10:44 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

I will never forget. I was at work at the time. I was on first break. I thought it was just a pilot that was an idiot. Then I went back to work and the 2nd one hit. I was incredulous. It seemed completely surreal to me. Noone would have the balls to come to our land right?
Quote:
Weeks after the attack, the death toll was estimated to be over 6,000, more than twice the number of deaths eventually confirmed.[74] The city was only able to identify remains for about 1,600 of the World Trade Center victims.

Never forgotten.

September 11th, 2011, 10:58 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I was at school and we got sent home after 30 minutes of schools.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 11th, 2011, 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

buell17 wrote:
I've been in the Navy for 11 years. I was stationed in DC on 9/11 at the Navy Yard, about 5 miles away from the Pentagon. My command was split between the Navy Yard and the Pentagon. The plane hit almost directly on our Communications Center. We lost 7 people that day.

Subsequently, I have made 4 deployments. The first one in 2003, my ship shot Tomahawk Missiles before our Troops went into Iraq. Two more taking additional Marines to Iraq. And a 1 year tour on the ground in Afghanistan. I'm currently in training for another 6-7 months in Afghanistan.

I know I will Never Forget.

Where was everyone else that day?

In 8th grade.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 11th, 2011, 11:33 am
QB Coach

I was driving down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago. Heard it on the radio. Then watched a plane flying towards downtown Chicago and about had a heart attack thinking it was about to happen again right in front of me.

Most surreal & unforgettable day of my life.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

September 11th, 2011, 11:43 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I was woken up by my mom, and she was crying. We went in the living room and just stared at the TV. We were watching when the 2nd plane hit and i just remember us both crying. I went to work at a delivery job that night, and the so cal sky was a dark red, with low cloudcover. Everything felt surreal.. thats the best word for it. Stupid poop like fights with friends, crappy jobs, the guy who cut you off on the way to work....... were exposed to be the stupid things they really are.. forcibly... in moments. I am sure for a lot of other people that day will be remembered as a day you grew up a little and discovered what empathy really means. I know I did.

To those who serve, be it Military, Police, Fire Dept , or any of the others dangerous jobs people choose to do to protect our freedom and/or lives... Thank You.

September 11th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

I was a junior in high school and I was going to my third hour gym class. I had to walk through the cafeteria to get to the locker room. The TV was on and I remember just seeing a smoking WTC. I watched for a little bit, went in and changed for class, and then went back. Our teacher didn't make us play tennis that day. We watched in most of my remaining classes.

I also had football practice that day and I remember being just overwhelmingly pissed at my coaches for even having practice that day. In retrospect it wasn't the worst thing they could have done, getting our minds off it for a while, but still everyone's minds were elsewhere.

It wasn't until I got home that everything really took a scary turn. My grandparents were in NYC that day. My pops had talked to them over the weekend and they had said they were planning to go to the WTC on Monday or Tuesday. When my pops tried to contact them there was no reception because the lines were jammed. We had no idea if they had been there that day or not. My family and I went to a prayer service at our church and we had small prayer circles and everyone got to say a prayer. When it got to my pops' turn, he broke down half way through. It was the only time I have ever seen him cry. Thankfully, the following day, my Aunt was able to get through to them on their 2 way pager and found that they had gone to the WTC the day before.

I still watch the specials on TV about this sad day in history, and still feel for those who lost loved ones. This tragedy brought Americans together, and changed our world forever.

September 11th, 2011, 8:05 pm
RIP Killer

I was at work. I was listening to Drew and Mike on WRIF, when Trudy came on to say that a plane hit the WTC. They started asking about whether it was raining, or foggy. Nope. Clear day, clear sky......no reason for anyone to hit the Towers. There was still no knowledge to that point of it being a terrorist attack. They went on to talk about how a plane hit the Empire State building one time long ago. Perhaps it was just an accident. If only.....

I went out into the hallways where GM had some TVs set up. By that time, there were small groups of people watching CNN, which was usually what was shown on those TVs, but still no word on why that first plane hit. Then, as we watched, the second plane hit. Immediately, we knew.

Among the people standing out there, some started becoming upset and had to walk away. As it became known that this was a terrorist attack, several of the folks of Middle Eastern descent were among those visibly shaken. I can only imagine what was going through their minds. No doubt, they knew though they had nothing to do with this, they would somehow be looked at differently. They were right.

Eventually we were told we could leave work early. I think I left at my normal time, because I was determined not to allow my life to be changed by these pricks. Needless to say, it was.

I had lost my mother exactly one month before that tragic day. I could only imagine what the folks who lost someone in that horrific attack felt. It's a damn shame that some of them decided well after to take advantage of their loved ones memory in an effort to make a cash grab.

My thoughts to anyone who lost a loved one that day. Someone I used to work with did. Lost his sister. She was on one of the floors of the first tower that go hit. In all likelihood, she got incinerated. They never found any of her remains. May God give them peace.

September 11th, 2011, 8:59 pm
Junior Varsity

I work in Lower Manhattan and take the PATH to the WTC everyday. A few years ago, it was very sobering to see the size of the excavation as the train pulled into the station. Everyone would go silent and just process the enormity of the hole. If you have ever gone to Pearl Harbor and visited the USS Arizona, you know what I'm talking about. It is a reminder that this never should have happened.

September 12th, 2011, 9:42 am
RIP Killer

At the building I work at today, they had a memorial pick up truck painted by a guy in memory of the First Responders that died at the WTC. It was all hand airbrushed, and included many different aspects of things that happened during 9/11 or shortly thereafter. It even included a picture of the Seals that took out OBL on 5/1/2011.

Very stirring tribute vehicle. It had the names of all the fallen painted on the bed cover. I believe there may be pictures of it online, or some video. If you are interested, google it. It's worth seeing. The detail on it is just mind blowing.

September 23rd, 2011, 12:40 pm

I was in English class and my whole class watched as the 2nd plane hit(prior to that, we all thought it was a tragic accident).

September 23rd, 2011, 1:19 pm

I worked for the local cable company. CNN was already on, so I had the misfortune of seeing the 2nd plane hit live. Sad day and can still remember it like it was yesterday.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 23rd, 2011, 1:32 pm
Modmin Dude

September 11th, 2013, 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next