View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 FG Good... Or Was It? 
RIP Killer

Post FG Good... Or Was It?
Quote:
Toledo complains over extra-point errorEmailPrintComments43Associated Press
TOLEDO, Ohio -- Toledo wants Syracuse's 33-30 overtime win against the Rockets to be vacated after a Big East Conference official acknowledged that replay officials wrongly awarded an extra point for a kick that was no good.

Toledo athletic director Mike O'Brien says he has asked the Mid-American Conference commissioner to request that the Big East give Toledo the victory.

Toledo made a field goal to force overtime Saturday, but the Orange came back with a field goal to win. The Rockets are upset because video showed Syracuse narrowly missed an extra-point attempt after an earlier touchdown. Officials who reviewed the kick let the extra point stand.

Big East coordinator of officials Terry McAulay has said replay officials made the wrong call.

September 26th, 2011, 10:33 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: FG Good... Or Was It?
Talk about getting screwed, I doubt that they give the Rockets the W.

September 26th, 2011, 11:25 am
RIP Killer

That is one of the biggest kick in the pants... the review officials get it wrong and it is admitted the next day. That can't feel good.

I agree, I doubt they go back and overturn it. There were thousands of blown calls before instant replay and there was no recourse after the game. Still sucks big time though.

September 26th, 2011, 11:27 am

Yea, there excuse will be that it is the human factor and I thought the replay was to take away somewhat, the human factor. It gets me that it only takes one or two looks at most replays and it is pretty easy to make the call. Not good for the Big East's reputation.

September 26th, 2011, 11:41 am
RIP Killer

Not at all when the team that benfitted was the Big East. Will draw some "that is fishy" comments I'm betting. Though that is likely not the case.

September 26th, 2011, 11:47 am

Good for the Big East, but teams will be more leery and unsure of the officiating when they visit Big East stadiums.

September 26th, 2011, 11:54 am
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... orange-win

MAC commish says there is no wat to vacate Syracuse win. That still has to be a kick in the pants. Toledo is a VERY good team but is sitting with a 1-3 record because of games against OSU, Boise, and now an asterix loss. Gotta hurt...

September 26th, 2011, 4:58 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

grgrundge wrote:
Good for the Big East, but teams will be more leery and unsure of the officiating when they visit Big East stadiums.

I think the visiting team typically brings the officiating crew when the game is non-conference. Anyway, the Big East has a terrible track record when it comes to replays. The mentality of the guys in the booth is to make the call, not to find "indisputable evidence that the call on the field was incorrect." I've seen good calls get overturned on many occasions by Big East officials.

A few years ago I heard the Big East and Pac-10 are the only conferences that don't subject their officials to background checks before employment. Makes everything seem fishy when I watch those conferences play.

September 26th, 2011, 9:06 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Wow.. talk about getting screwed bad.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 8th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]