View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Manning out indefinitely, another neck "procedure" to come? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Manning out indefinitely, another neck "procedure" to co
It's funny, they have some fun statistics on Manning's tenure compared to the rest of the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ning-debut

This one is my favorite:

Quote:
Cool note from ESPN Stats & Information: First-year San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is the last quarterback other than Peyton Manning to start a regular-season game for the Indianapolis Colts.

More good ones:

Quote:
For a fuller appreciation of Manning's durability and consistency in starting 227 consecutive games, I went through Pro Football Reference counting how many quarterbacks had started for current NFC West teams since Manning made his regular-season debut. There have been 48. That figure includes 14 for the St. Louis Rams, 13 for the 49ers, 11 for the Arizona Cardinals and 10 for the Seahawks.

September 8th, 2011, 4:03 pm
RIP Killer

It's Official:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69443 ... rgery-neck

They expected 4 months of rehab after the last surgery... I'm hoping the people gauking that this isn't serious will stop now ;)

September 8th, 2011, 4:14 pm
RIP Killer

Official statement says 2-3 months of rehab, but it's actually more than that. I had a friend who had that surgery, and was never the same. Even if he comes back, it likely won't be this season. Standard rehab for that surgery is six months minimally.

Indianapolis better start making plans for next season. No more "also rans" as backup quarterbacks anymore.

September 8th, 2011, 4:20 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Was KVB's neck surgery any different then what Manning had? If it was, KVB was able to come back and play, albeit slowly this preseason. I think he's got a legit shot to play toward the end of the season, and he won't walk away from the game without a comeback attempt next year.

I don't like the guy, never have. He's a fine QB and all, I just don't like him, partly because he plays for Indy, and Indy fans are insufferable.

September 8th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:
Since I really started getting obsessed over football, I dont think I've ever been "involved" in a season where Peyton wasnt the QB.

Don't worry, the game will be just fine and will survive without him.

September 8th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Colts: Peyton stays on active roster, no estimate of return date

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 8, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT

The Indianapolis Colts have confirmed that Peyton Manning had neck surgery today and that he’s out indefinitely. But the team is still holding out hope that his return could come this season.

“This procedure is performed regularly throughout the country on persons from all walks of life, including professional football players,” the Colts said in a statement. “Two former Colts players had this same procedure last winter and have fully resumed their careers. Rehabilitation from such surgery is typically an involved process. Therefore, there will be no estimation of a return date at this time. We will keep Peyton on the active roster until we have a clearer picture of his recovery process.”

Keeping Manning on the active roster, rather than putting him on injured reserve, opens the door to the possibility that he could still play this season. But he’s almost certain to miss at least half the season, and if the Colts aren’t in the thick of the playoff race by the time Manning is healthy, they would probably shut him down.

The Colts also indicated that they don’t plan to keep us all posted about how Manning is progressing.

“Peyton will immediately begin the rehabilitation regimen mapped out by the surgeon,” the statement said. “We anticipate no further updates or availabilities beyond those required by the NFL Media Policy for the immediate future.”

And so Colts fans will be left to wonder when they’ll see Manning on the field again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... turn-date/

September 8th, 2011, 4:53 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
All the Colts can hope for is that when he comes back, the Colts aren't far out of the playoffs.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 8th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70219 ... irsay-says

Manning expected out for the rest of the season.

September 26th, 2011, 11:38 am
RIP Killer

ESPN had a retired OG who is neck/back doctor (actual PhD) and he said medically and as a former OG, manning should retire

September 26th, 2011, 7:08 pm
RIP Killer

Colts I guess are now saying he won' be out.

September 26th, 2011, 8:29 pm
RIP Killer

I think Indianapolis is a team living in denial, and refusing to accept the possibility that they must continue without Manning behind center. If I'm the GM of that team, I'm calling David Garrard right now.....and putting Manning on IR, regardless of what anyone else says. Bringing him back this season is just a ridiculous notion. What's to be gained from it?

September 27th, 2011, 9:35 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
I think Indianapolis is a team living in denial, and refusing to accept the possibility that they must continue without Manning behind center. If I'm the GM of that team, I'm calling David Garrard right now.....and putting Manning on IR, regardless of what anyone else says. Bringing him back this season is just a ridiculous notion. What's to be gained from it?

Agreed...

September 27th, 2011, 9:56 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I don't think they're keeping him active expecting him to play this season. Keeping him off IR, allows him to practice. Practice time, even if the team is out of contention, keeps continuity going for next season. Once he goes on IR, he can't practice at the facility, and I believe it bars him from the stadium on game days unless he buys a ticket, so he wouldn't even be able to be the assistant OC in the coaches booth like he did Sunday Night.

I think its a matter or he's a better coordinator then they have, and they'd be stupid not to utilize it. Collins or Painter, with Manning in their earpiece telling them the coverage from up in the booth is better than Manning at home watching on TV. Which 1 person could they sign to turn things around?

September 27th, 2011, 10:36 am
RIP Killer

You really can't be in the sidelines if you are on IR? I never knew that.

September 27th, 2011, 10:41 am
Mr. Irrelevant

steensn wrote:
You really can't be in the sidelines if you are on IR? I never knew that.

Nor did I. Not sure that I agree with that rule but then again, I'mn't sure of all the little intricacies of some NFL rules. Honestly, it could be beneficial for the Colts to have Manning on the sidelines or in the booth. With how much he studies and works everything about the game, he almost seems to be the same as an O-Coordinator anyhow. There is no better QB behind whom to sit and learn than Peyton Manning. Say what you want, but the dude knows the game and there is no arguing that.

September 27th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next