View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Charlie Reese's final column, 545 vs 3,000,000 
Post Re: Charlie Reese's final column, 545 vs 3,000,000
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't think Christie would make a good Pres. He's too mafiaoso, IMO... I think his style will rub not only potential voters the wrong way, but I don't think he would be very "policital" when dealing with Congress. Compromise doesn't seem to be in his dictionary.

I stand by my earlier statements about Romney, I just hope someone pulls ahead of him because I can't see voting for someone that had their own govt. healthcare plan, and, sorry, but it's tough for me to respect the Mormon faith.

There's a lot of peeps that could/would say the same thing about lawyers :wink:

Nothing wrong with that... But my point still stands. I also wonder how many people agree with me. It has been off-limits thus far in the debates and whatnot, but come election time I have to think it would be an issue.

September 26th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't think Christie would make a good Pres. He's too mafiaoso, IMO... I think his style will rub not only potential voters the wrong way, but I don't think he would be very "policital" when dealing with Congress. Compromise doesn't seem to be in his dictionary.

I stand by my earlier statements about Romney, I just hope someone pulls ahead of him because I can't see voting for someone that had their own govt. healthcare plan, and, sorry, but it's tough for me to respect the Mormon faith.

There's a lot of peeps that could/would say the same thing about lawyers :wink:

Nothing wrong with that... But my point still stands. I also wonder how many people agree with me. It has been off-limits thus far in the debates and whatnot, but come election time I have to think it would be an issue.

OK then, let me rephrase so it more accurately reflects my (as well as many others') thoughts:
Quote:
and, sorry, but it's tough for me to respect organized religion

That aside, I do know what you're referring to and it will be interesting to see how things proceed as we get further along in the race....though, IIRC, there wasn't too much made about it in 2008.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 26th, 2011, 4:44 pm
There was a fair amount of it in 2008, but it's the media and they tippy toed around it. There were comments like "he would be the first Mormon nominee, and its yet to be seen if the Country is ready for that." There were also comments regarding Mormon's and Warren Jeffs arbitrarily thrown around with discussions of whether or not Romney's faith was part of his low numbers at various times throughout the primaries. If Romney had actually won the nominee I think it would have been ramped up a bit.

September 26th, 2011, 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2