View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Manning out indefinitely, another neck "procedure" to come? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Manning out indefinitely, another neck "procedure" to co
njroar wrote:
I don't think they're keeping him active expecting him to play this season. Keeping him off IR, allows him to practice. Practice time, even if the team is out of contention, keeps continuity going for next season. Once he goes on IR, he can't practice at the facility, and I believe it bars him from the stadium on game days unless he buys a ticket, so he wouldn't even be able to be the assistant OC in the coaches booth like he did Sunday Night.

I think its a matter or he's a better coordinator then they have, and they'd be stupid not to utilize it. Collins or Painter, with Manning in their earpiece telling them the coverage from up in the booth is better than Manning at home watching on TV. Which 1 person could they sign to turn things around?

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I believe that only one individual has access to the channel going into the players helmets. It's not like everyone on the headsets can tell the QB or MLB what play to run.

Secondly, I believe the feed is cut off after a certain point of the play clock. So if Manning IS the one talking into the helmet, he has to recognize the coverages like 10 seconds before the ball is snapped. I don't think the defense is going to show their hand that soon. And if I'm not mistaken, once the center is over the ball, regardless of what time is left on the playclock, the feed is cut off, so that won't help either.

I understand that having Manning in the booth or on the sidelines helping is an advantage. I don't disagree with that. But by having him still on the roster, you are shorting yourself at another position. The Colts just signed Orlovsky because of Collins getting his bell rung. Now they'll have four QBs on the roster, with three active on game day in all likelihood. To do that, another position has to be shorted on the 53 man roster. And it's not like they aren't getting injuries at other positions.

If they want to getting accustomed to "life after Peyton", they had better just go all in and do it, and put the man on IR.

September 28th, 2011, 9:17 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

but what if they are thinking about life after Payton...the way I see it is like this: he was the coach on the field, why not be a coach off when he's done. Like it or not, the waste of the one roster spot get Manning valuable coaching training. did you see him in the booth on sunday? Looks like a OC in the making to me.

Just my 2 cents

September 28th, 2011, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
but what if they are thinking about life after Payton...the way I see it is like this: he was the coach on the field, why not be a coach off when he's done. Like it or not, the waste of the one roster spot get Manning valuable coaching training. did you see him in the booth on sunday? Looks like a OC in the making to me.

Just my 2 cents

I seriously doubt that it was Peyton talking to the QBs, or calling the plays. He was probably giving his opinions and observations regarding things he saw, of that I have no doubt.

If the Colts want to leave him on the roster to act as a coach, so be it. I'm not a fan of their team anyways.

September 28th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3