View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 5:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL. 
Author Message
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Quote:
Police: Stripper bus for Lions game may be illegal

By JEFF KAROUB, AP Business Writer

DETROIT (AP)—Police may put the brakes on a party bus that was apparently operating as a Sunday strip club for reveling Lions fans at a popular tailgating spot in Detroit.

Investigators believe fans tailgating before a recent Lions home game were allowed onboard the “Booty Lounge,” a large red and black bus replete with two stages, steel dancing poles, tinted windows and even a smoke machine, after forking over a $10 donation to its operators, Detroit Police spokeswoman Eren Stephens said Thursday.

She said the department’s chief, Ralph Godbee, thinks the arrangement is illegal, but that the department won’t take action until it completes its investigation. The Lions’ next home game is Oct. 10 against the Chicago Bears.

“We know the game is coming up and … we’re looking into this whole operation,” Stephens said.

Police began investigating after WDIV-TV broadcast a story about the bus this week. The station reported that the bus was parked next to Detroit’s Eastern Market, which is a popular tailgating spot that is about a half-mile from Ford Field, where the Lions play.

The bus operators, who didn’t respond to email and phone requests seeking comment, say on their Facebook page that the bus can be hired for private parties and is available with or without “ladys,” adding that “our opinion is that is a lot more fun with em!”

They say they take the bus to “numerous events” each year, and they invite the public to “pay a visit.” A Facebook posting from this spring suggests they charged $20 for a Detroit Tigers opening-day tailgate that included food and drinks.

David Draper, an attorney who represents more than a dozen strip clubs in Michigan but who does not represent the bus operators, said such establishments require a special license from the city. Still, bus operators might argue that movable venues are exempt and more akin to a “one-off” event such as a bachelor party at a hotel.

“The argument from the city is going to be, `absolutely not—you’re just trying to skirt the issue by going mobile,”’ Draper said.

Detroit Lions spokesman Bill Keenist said the team won’t comment on the bus matter.

Photos have emerged that purportedly show two uniformed Detroit police officers posing with a woman believed to be part of the operation. Stephens said those photos are up to four years old, and Godbee told the Detroit Free Press he’s not passing judgment until the department completes its investigation.


September 28th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Of course, I have it on good authority that they always charge Sly triple what they charge everyone else. LOL.


September 28th, 2011, 7:31 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Lol, wouldn't you? Lap dance - $20. Lap dance for sly - $100

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


September 28th, 2011, 9:42 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2743
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Haven't seen sly on here all day.... Who do you think was driving the bus??


September 28th, 2011, 11:14 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Damn it! Why didn't I know about this thing prior to this week? If I had, I would have taken frequent "rides" on that bus. :D

Unfortunately, the government has to step in and take all the fun away, as usual. What else is new? :(

_________________
Image


September 29th, 2011, 11:47 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Zoning is important... next time someone wants to build a skyscraper 2 feet from your house I'm sure you will not complain on the gov't stepping in. Same goes for businesses that are legal but should operate in locations that are condusive to respect the impact of certain businesses to certain areas and situations.

No one is saying you can't get a lap dance or look at naked women, they are saying you shouldn't have that business near a family type event.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 29th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11953
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
steensn wrote:
Zoning is important... next time someone wants to build a skyscraper 2 feet from your house I'm sure you will not complain on the gov't stepping in. Same goes for businesses that are legal but should operate in locations that are condusive to respect the impact of certain businesses to certain areas and situations.

No one is saying you can't get a lap dance or look at naked women, they are saying you shouldn't have that business near a family type event.

Yeah, I'm sure all the strip clubs are located NO WHERE near any "family-type" establishments :rolleyes:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
If they are they shouldn't be...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 29th, 2011, 2:57 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3739
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Zoning is important... next time someone wants to build a skyscraper 2 feet from your house I'm sure you will not complain on the gov't stepping in. Same goes for businesses that are legal but should operate in locations that are condusive to respect the impact of certain businesses to certain areas and situations.

No one is saying you can't get a lap dance or look at naked women, they are saying you shouldn't have that business near a family type event.

Yeah, I'm sure all the strip clubs are located NO WHERE near any "family-type" establishments :rolleyes:


None are that close to Ford Field, I tell ya that!. NO WAY could I have ever drunk walked down the road after a game and planted my rump at Bazzookies. Nope! And I never once used the lil coupons they used to hand out to eveyone before the games either! nuh-uh! Not around MY football stadium! The reason i'm late comming home from games is because of all the extra traffic in Detroit I swear! 8-[ angel7.gif

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 30th, 2011, 1:25 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
To be honest, this was probably an illegal operation without the proper permits required of strip clubs, but I'm an advocate for strippers and their rights wherever they may be (especially when upon my lap). :D

_________________
Image


October 3rd, 2011, 4:50 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3739
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
me too! I support single moms!!!! one dollar at a time!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


October 3rd, 2011, 5:30 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
Or a $50 excursion to the VIP room! :D

_________________
Image


October 3rd, 2011, 6:03 pm
Profile
Post Re: Sly's heart is about to get broken. LOL.
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Zoning is important... next time someone wants to build a skyscraper 2 feet from your house I'm sure you will not complain on the gov't stepping in. Same goes for businesses that are legal but should operate in locations that are condusive to respect the impact of certain businesses to certain areas and situations.

No one is saying you can't get a lap dance or look at naked women, they are saying you shouldn't have that business near a family type event.

Yeah, I'm sure all the strip clubs are located NO WHERE near any "family-type" establishments :rolleyes:


None are that close to Ford Field, I tell ya that!. NO WAY could I have ever drunk walked down the road after a game and planted my rump at Bazzookies. Nope! And I never once used the lil coupons they used to hand out to eveyone before the games either! nuh-uh! Not around MY football stadium! The reason i'm late comming home from games is because of all the extra traffic in Detroit I swear! 8-[ angel7.gif



Bouzki Club is only a 1/4 mile or so from FF... It's right in the middle of Greek Town, right by some very nice restaurants...


October 5th, 2011, 4:52 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.