View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Cordy Glenn?? 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Cordy Glenn??
So, ive been looking at O-line prospects and see his name pop up, Cordy Glenn OG Georgia. I love the size and position because with the lions most likely drafting in the bottom 3rd of the first round a good OG prospect may be for us. My question to you all, is anyone a Georgia fan and have they seen this monster play, and is he the real deal?

October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Post Re: Cordy Glenn??
I know its never "not the time" to think about improvements that can be made to the team......and usually by week 4 I need to start looking ahead to next years draft...but not this year...this year I'm just enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 2nd, 2011, 8:52 am
Varsity Captain

I'd love for the FO to be able to swing both Glenn and OSU center Mike Brewster. We have to start somewhere and soon!.

October 2nd, 2011, 8:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

I suspected, ( back when Mayhew and Schwartz took over), that this off season would be the year that the Lions start retooling the O-line.

I expect that if there is a franchise LT at our draft spot, or close enough to our draft spot to trade up to get him, they will take the LT. Then if they want to keep Backus, they could resign him and slide him to either RG or RT and slide Gos to RG.

But, I expect an Offensive line heavy draft for us with maybe a CB thrown in in the first 3 rounds somewhere.

October 3rd, 2011, 10:40 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

BillySims wrote:
I suspected, ( back when Mayhew and Schwartz took over), that this off season would be the year that the Lions start retooling the O-line.

I expect that if there is a franchise LT at our draft spot, or close enough to our draft spot to trade up to get him, they will take the LT. Then if they want to keep Backus, they could resign him and slide him to either RG or RT and slide Gos to RG.

But, I expect an Offensive line heavy draft for us with maybe a CB thrown in in the first 3 rounds somewhere.

This is how I been looking at it too. OL, CB and LB with all of there picks, I would not be surprised one bit.

October 3rd, 2011, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

This is how I been looking at it too. OL, CB and LB with all of there picks, I would not be surprised one bit.

That sounds an awful lot like what we all thought going into the 2011 draft. Do not try to pin down Mayhew and Schwartz on minor things like team needs heading into the draft cause you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

October 3rd, 2011, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

That sounds an awful lot like what we all thought going into the 2011 draft. Do not try to pin down Mayhew and Schwartz on minor things like team needs heading into the draft cause you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I didn't think for 1 minute that we would go Offensive line before the 5th round last year. So. we all, didn't think that.

October 3rd, 2011, 1:48 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I didn't think for 1 minute that we would go Offensive line before the 5th round last year. So. we all, didn't think that.

Billy, how do manage to be the exception to every rule? :lol:

October 3rd, 2011, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

No...but many were SURE that the Lions would be taking a cornerback in either round one or two.....and I believe you were on that bandwagon.

October 3rd, 2011, 3:01 pm
I too think round 1 or 2 has to be a CB, unless there is an overwhelming BPA at a position of need (really good OG/OT/S) available.

October 3rd, 2011, 4:22 pm
Junior Varsity

m2karateman wrote:
No...but many were SURE that the Lions would be taking a cornerback in either round one or two.....and I believe you were on that bandwagon.

I wasn't on this board then, but I was definitely on that wagon with the rest of you.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Billy, how do manage to be the exception to every rule? :lol:

I learned from Ronald " The teflon president" Reagan. LOL.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:18 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I wasn't sure they would. But, I really really REALLY wanted them to. LOL.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 pm
Peewee Leaguer

i really dont think the Lions will do anything other than what they have been since Mayhew became the GM, and thats drafting the prospect that they think will make the best pro. I really hope that coincides with the major needs of the team ie. OL, and CB but reaching for a position is something that they have proven they will not do.

October 10th, 2011, 1:22 am
RIP Killer

thauser wrote:
i really dont think the Lions will do anything other than what they have been since Mayhew became the GM, and thats drafting the prospect that they think will make the best pro. I really hope that coincides with the major needs of the team ie. OL, and CB but reaching for a position is something that they have proven they will not do.

I agree to a point. If this past draft taught me anything, it's that the Lions are now willing to move to get a player they want at a position or area of need.

Examples:

1. The Lions offered to move up to get corner Patrick Peterson. That was a position of need, and they saw him as the best player available at that spot had the trade been accepted.

2. The Lions did move up to get Mikel LeShoure. His skillset was something that the Lions wanted, even though running back wasn't seen as a glaring need.

I believe that the Lions now have enough talent at certain spots that they are more likely to move up or down to get quality players at positions of need, or with specific skills that they deem desireable. With the rookie wage scale now in place, I see movement in the upper portions of the first round something that is more likely to happen. As such, I could see the Lions doing what they can to position themselves to draft at areas of need. And I don't think that Schwartz or Mayhew are dumb enough to believe that Cherilus or Backus still have some good years left in them. I'd be shocked if the Lions don't make some serious moves in the 2012 draft to get one of the best offensive tackles available.

October 10th, 2011, 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next