View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Playoff Seeding 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Playoff Seeding
Does anyone else think the little caveat for seeding where wild card team plays the #2 team if they're in the same division as the #1 team is weird and unnecessary? This is the first season I noticed it since I was wondering why Detroit was going to be playing NY opening round? I don't think it much matters because I really think all AL teams (with the exception of the Rays) have a shot, I just think its weird.

September 29th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Playoff Seeding
I believe the thinking is due to the amount of times they face each other during the regular season, division teams take away the bonus of the #1 seed if they have to face each other in opening round. But lets be honest. 13/17 times its been AL East thats gone to Wild Card. Central once and West three times. And a majority of those, the wildcard has had the second best record in the AL. Having the #1 and #2 team, even if seeded 1 and 4, doesn't exactly reward having the best record.

September 29th, 2011, 7:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i think the tigers caught a little break by playing the yanks in rd 1 instead of potentially in rd 2 where it would be a 7 game rather than a 5 game series. still wouldve been nice to have the home games and a higher chance of getting out of rd 1. this setup though i think gives us a better shot at getting to the world series. much rather play the rangers, who we are 6-0 against this season, in the longer series

September 29th, 2011, 11:38 pm

As a Yank fan, I can see it going either way. Neither CC or Verlander have great numbers vs the other batters. Both game 2 pitchers are inexperienced in the postseason. Yanks going with a 3 pitcher rotation, while Leyland has said he won't pitch Verlander on short rest. Following and being followed by a lot of Detroit fans, I've been able to get a good glimpse into the enthusiams the fans bring, so if you guys prove to be the better team, I'll be happy for ya. Should be a great series.

September 30th, 2011, 1:08 am
Heisman Winner

split in NY, hopefully VJ can pitch better than he started in Game 1 going into Game 3 tomorrow. My prediction is the winner of game 3 will win the series.

October 2nd, 2011, 7:23 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Verlander needs to pitch a gem tonight and go deep into the game since the bullpen is somewhat spent after the weekend.

October 3rd, 2011, 3:17 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Inge and Santiago plus another opp field jack from mini Meat hook. Of course Verlander too. Gotta love it.

October 4th, 2011, 2:00 am
Varsity Captain

Who's pitching tonight, Porcello?

October 4th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Heisman Winner

Boz wrote:

Yes vs. AJ.

October 4th, 2011, 2:44 pm
RIP Killer

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Boz wrote:

Yes vs. AJ.

Wow, could be a wild and high scoring game. Go Tigers!

October 4th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Porcello needs to pitch the best game of his life tonight, I really do not want to see the Tigs go back to Yankee stadium.

October 4th, 2011, 4:04 pm
grgrundge wrote:
Porcello needs to pitch the best game of his life tonight, I really do not want to see the Tigs go back to Yankee stadium.

Well, that didn't happen... All in all, he didn't pitch poorly. What really rubs me wrong is that Posada didn't even get hit, and he was awarded first, which started the whole unraveling... Oh well... Lets see if the Yanks can hit everything we're going to throw at them on Thursday!!!

Anyone think that Verlander will be available for relief? I don't think JL would do that, but it would be sweet to see him come in for a few innings and shut down the Yanks to secure a win... I realize how that would kill us in the following series though...

October 5th, 2011, 4:51 pm

They've already said he won't. He pitched over 100 pitches on Monday. Except for game 1 or game 1extension, every game has been a 1-run game, so its been an exciting series for sure.

October 5th, 2011, 8:14 pm
Modmin Dude

njroar wrote:
They've already said he won't. He pitched over 100 pitches on Monday. Except for game 1 or game 1extension, every game has been a 1-run game, so its been an exciting series for sure.

Um, and last night's game :wink:

October 5th, 2011, 8:21 pm

lol yeah. How did I forget last night's score?

October 5th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next