View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 2010/11 Celebrity Death Pool. Wanna play in 2012? 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: 2010 Celebrity Death Pool (2011 now added until Jan 15th
I forgot to post this earlier:
PFT wrote:
Long-time NFL assistant Mike Heimerdinger dies of cancer
Posted by Mike Florio on October 1, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT

APDuring the 2010 NFL season, former Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger was diagnosed with cancer. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Heimerdinger has passed away after fighting the disease for nearly a year. He was 58.

Heimerdinger served as offensive coordinator in Tennessee twice, helping the late Steve McNair to a co-MVP award in 2003. Heimerdinger also worked for the Broncos as assistant head coach and the Jets as offensive coordinator.

After being diagnosed with cancer in November, Heimerdinger delayed treatment so that he could travel with the team to Houston and call the plays for the Titans’ game against the Texans.

His college roommate was former Broncos and current Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

We extend our condolences to Heimerdinger’s family, players, friends, and colleagues.

UPDATE 10:25 a.m. ET: Former Titans coach Jeff Fisher has provided ESPN’s Chris Mortensen with a comment regarding Heimerdinger’s passing. “He was passionate about the fight, obviously because of his love for his family but what also drove him passionately was his desire to get back on the sideline,” Fisher said. “He loved his family, he loved this game and all that came with it. We’ve lost a great one.”

This gives me a total of 68 points, just 5 behind fetumpsh.

October 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

I have now taken the lead:
Reuters wrote:
Polemical journalist and atheist Christopher Hitchens dead at 62

WASHINGTON — British-born journalist and atheist intellectual Christopher Hitchens, who made the United States his home and backed the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, died on Thursday at the age of 62.

Hitchens died in Houston of pneumonia, a complication of cancer of the esophagus, Vanity Fair magazine said.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20111216/NEWS-US-CHRISTOPHERHITCHENS/

Current standings -
slybri19 = 106
fetumpsh = 73
Lionfanatic = 21

I would like to start a 2012 Celebrity Death Pool if people are interested. If you are, post in this thread and I'll do it if enough people wish to participate.

December 16th, 2011, 1:44 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:
I have now taken the lead:
Reuters wrote:
Polemical journalist and atheist Christopher Hitchens dead at 62

WASHINGTON — British-born journalist and atheist intellectual Christopher Hitchens, who made the United States his home and backed the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, died on Thursday at the age of 62.

Hitchens died in Houston of pneumonia, a complication of cancer of the esophagus, Vanity Fair magazine said.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20111216/NEWS-US-CHRISTOPHERHITCHENS/

Current standings -
slybri19 = 106
fetumpsh = 73
Lionfanatic = 21

I would like to start a 2012 Celebrity Death Pool if people are interested. If you are, post in this thread and I'll do it if enough people wish to participate.

I wouldn't be any good at that game...I look at the name chris Hitchens and all I can say is "who?"

I also wouldn't be good at guessing who is gonna die....I'd put down people I want to die...Dick Cheney 10 times over. and if he did keel over (which he wont cuz the devil never dies) EVERYONE wins! so no point in playing for me! lol

December 16th, 2011, 2:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: 2010/11 Celebrity Death Pool. Wanna play in 2012?
Sure, I'm down for a 2012 version.. seeing how the ones I pick never die. lol They like bebe kids!

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 16th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Lionfanatic and I each scored 31 points with the death of this scumbag:
AP wrote:
North Korea: Kim Jong Il dead, son is 'successor'
By RAFAEL WOBER, AP

PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea announced the death of supreme leader Kim Jong Il and urged its people to rally behind his young son and heir-apparent Monday, while the world watched warily for signs of instability in a nation pursuing nuclear weapons.

South Korea, anxious about the untested, 20-something Kim Jong Un after his father's 17-year rule, put its military on high alert against the North's 1.2 million-strong armed forces. President Barack Obama agreed by phone with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak to closely monitor developments.

People on the streets of the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, wailed in grief, some kneeling on the ground or bowing repeatedly as they learned the news that their "dear general" had died of heart failure Saturday at age 69 while carrying out official duties on a train trip.

December 19th, 2011, 12:37 pm
Junior Varsity

I clearly have some work to do over the next 12 days. And yes, I'm in for next year, too. When do we need to submit names?

December 19th, 2011, 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6