View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Playoff Seeding 
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Playoff Seeding
njroar wrote:
lol yeah. How did I forget last night's score?

We're trying to forget about it lol

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 6th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

im not watching the game, well got m-live on 60 sec updates 3-2 bottom nine Grandy, Cano, A-roid o my!!!!

October 6th, 2011, 11:34 pm
RIP Killer

Loved the look on all those shocked stankee fans faces!!!

Apparently $203 million can't buy a championship every year

October 6th, 2011, 11:52 pm
Heisman Winner

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
split in NY, hopefully VJ can pitch better than he started in Game 1 going into Game 3 tomorrow. My prediction is the winner of game 3 will win the series.

Not to toot my own horn but, *honk* *honk* \:D/

:idea: :cheers: :idea: =D>

October 6th, 2011, 11:53 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
i think the tigers caught a little break by playing the yanks in rd 1 instead of potentially in rd 2 where it would be a 7 game rather than a 5 game series. still wouldve been nice to have the home games and a higher chance of getting out of rd 1. this setup though i think gives us a better shot at getting to the world series. much rather play the rangers, who we are 6-3 against this season, in the longer series

i think this held true...and i think the rainout helped as well. i have a hard time believing we would have won in 7.

now time to take down the incestuous love fest that is the AL West - cant believe the angels just laid down and let the rangers give it to them...

October 7th, 2011, 9:28 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Gritty performance by the Tigers pitchers last night, Fister, Scherzer, Benoit and Valverde. even though they gave the Yanks opportunities to open the game up they made the tough pitches when they had too in a stadium that is hitter friendly.

Quote:
and i think the rainout helped as well. i have a hard time believing we would have won in 7.

I have to disagree with this a bit, Tigs would of held a 3-2 game lead but with a seven game series we would of had one more home game and Verlander would of had another start.

October 7th, 2011, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

The strike zone for verlander tonight is about 3 inches. Haven't seen so many good strikes low or on the outside that have been called balls. Verlander is having to throw right down the pipe and slightly high to get any calls...which has led to 2 of the 3 runs (the base knock to score Murphy was a very good piece of hitting)

October 8th, 2011, 9:39 pm
1st Round Pick

conversion02 wrote:
The strike zone for verlander tonight is about 3 inches. Haven't seen so many good strikes low or on the outside that have been called balls. Verlander is having to throw right down the pipe and slightly high to get any calls...which has led to 2 of the 3 runs (the base knock to score Murphy was a very good piece of hitting)

That and it would be nice if we could go a game on the road without rain.

October 9th, 2011, 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

It would be even nicer if our big 3 hitters didn't disappears as soon as the post season started. Cabrera, Martinez, and Avila are hitting a combined .125 or something close to that. Add to that Texas seems to have a silver slugger at every spot in their lineup against our pitching and it's not looking good for making it to the World Series.

October 11th, 2011, 11:42 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Cabby and VMart bats came alive a bit last night, lets hope that continues but VMart hurt himself on the HR swing. Delmond Young and Maggs going down hasn't helped us any and if VMart can't go, well it will be tough. Good pitching and defense can win games in baseball and most likely if the Tigers win the series it will be done this way. I've said it before, but Porcello needs to pitch the game of his life today.

October 12th, 2011, 2:54 pm
RIP Killer

Ricky pitched very well, but the big turdtato just shat the bed - gave up 4 runs in the 11th. Why does leyland bring him in in a non save situation when he's got coke? Valverde has sucked in non save situations

October 12th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Can we finally have Lamont relieved as third base coach? Don't send Santiago, twice, who actually has a little speed on balls bouncing around in the corner, but send Cabrera on a fly ball that isn't all that deep? Are you freaking kidding me. Even if Verlander wins it for them tomorrow night I'm having trouble envisioning the Tigers winning the next three games.

October 12th, 2011, 11:03 pm
Heisman Winner

They are definately up against it, but I like the next three matchups for the Tigers.
Granted they can't slip up but Verlander vs. Wilson, Max vs. Holland and Fister vs. Lewis.

Ace vs Ace, Solid vs. head case and Fister vs a guy he already beat. I'd still give the Tigers a 15-20% chance of coming back.

Come on Tigers I want some revenge on the Cards from 06.

October 13th, 2011, 9:36 am
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
They are definately up against it, but I like the next three matchups for the Tigers.
Granted they can't slip up but Verlander vs. Wilson, Max vs. Holland and Fister vs. Lewis.

Ace vs Ace, Solid vs. head case and Fister vs a guy he already beat. I'd still give the Tigers a 15-20% chance of coming back.

I agree... We just need our bats to come alive. I said in the beginning of the series when the pitching matchups worked out that we just needed to make it to game 7 and I thought we'd be alright. We need Young/V-Mart to start hitting better, perhaps along with Avila/Jackson.

October 13th, 2011, 2:19 pm
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

I agree... We just need our bats to come alive. I said in the beginning of the series when the pitching matchups worked out that we just needed to make it to game 7 and I thought we'd be alright. We need Young/V-Mart to start hitting better, perhaps along with Avila/Jackson.

Young with 2 jacks so far this game! That good enough for hitting? :wink:

October 13th, 2011, 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next