View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Tebow named Starter 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Tebow named Starter
According to NFL.com Tim Tebow was named the Denver Broncos starter. Only relevant cuz we play them in 3 weeks

October 11th, 2011, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Tebow named Starter
I think they just want to see what they have now that they're 1-4. Tebow is the only QB under contract for 2012. If he wins, it knocks them out of the Luck Sweepstakes, but if he plays like people believe he will, it might guarantee them getting Luck.

October 11th, 2011, 12:00 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

njroar wrote:
I think they just want to see what they have now that they're 1-4. Tebow is the only QB under contract for 2012. If he wins, it knocks them out of the Luck Sweepstakes, but if he plays like people believe he will, it might guarantee them getting Luck.

It kind of makes you wonder if teams are beginning to maneuver to get into the Luck sweepstakes.

Denver just might be pleasing the fan base at the moment too, since the fans or a good portion of them are clamoring for Tebow. I'm hoping he is still starting when we play them, it will be fun watching him run around trying to escape our D line, he doesn't have the arm strength or touch as Culter does to avoid the sack.

October 11th, 2011, 2:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I will say this, having watched a good portion of that game. Tebow didn't play much better than Orton, but it sure as heck looked like some of the players played harder once he stepped onto the field. I saw a lot of second effort and more hustle in the 2nd half, than you did in the last game and a half of football.
I dont think he's teh answer...but some of the guys around him played like they believe so. ( saw the same thing with Painter in Indy).

Is it going to be enough to turn things around in Denver? Only if you think the only problem they have is at QB.

I'll give ya a hint....it's not

October 11th, 2011, 2:53 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Denver wants to figure out if Tebow has anything. From all reports he's been bad in practices, but the guy seems to find a way to make things happen during games. If he doesn't pan out after 5-6 games I wouldn't be shocked to see them throw Brady Quinn in.

October 11th, 2011, 6:06 pm
Heisman Winner

Tebow = Crowd Noise.

Defense played better, and Tebow overall is no different from VY, Cam, Vick, the rest of the scrambling QB's. Extends the play and either runs it for a good gain, or he extends the play and someone gets open. Obviously the downfall with all of those QB's is the big plays go against them just as much.

October 12th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

If Denver is willing to change their Offense into a spread offense, Tebow will do just fine.

Does the spread offense work in the NFL? I don't know. Have you seen the Lions offense lately? Yes. It works.

October 12th, 2011, 8:00 pm

BillySims wrote:
If Denver is willing to change their Offense into a spread offense, Tebow will do just fine.

Does the spread offense work in the NFL? I don't know. Have you seen the Lions offense lately? Yes. It works.

we dont run a spread offense. we very rarely have 4 wide, much less 5 wide and I have yet to see a "option" play.

October 12th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

we dont run a spread offense. we very rarely have 4 wide, much less 5 wide and I have yet to see a "option" play.

I did not say spread option. I said spread. And our extra WR's are our 2 TE's. We are indeed a spread offense.

October 12th, 2011, 8:06 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Even the TV/Radio announcers the last 3 weeks have stated that the Lions use the spread offense.

October 12th, 2011, 8:08 pm

BillySims wrote:
Even the TV/Radio announcers the last 3 weeks have stated that the Lions use the spread offense.

They call us the spread because we are pass happy and definatly not a west coast. No one really knows what to call us. With a TE always being in the game, often a double TE's, we should be considered a Power offense, but since we only run 30% of the time that can't be true. a spread offense is typically lines up with extra WR's...so to spread out the defense down the line of scrimmage. We dont do that. heck even a majority of our runs are straight up the gut.

Our offense is a hybrid of a couple of different styles, much like our defense. I dont think you can pin it down to just one name or style.

October 12th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

They call us the spread because we are pass happy and definatly not a west coast. No one really knows what to call us. With a TE always being in the game, often a double TE's, we should be considered a Power offense, but since we only run 30% of the time that can't be true. a spread offense is typically lines up with extra WR's...so to spread out the defense down the line of scrimmage. We dont do that. heck even a majority of our runs are straight up the gut.

Our offense is a hybrid of a couple of different styles, much like our defense. I dont think you can pin it down to just one name or style.

Notice also that Stafford is in either pistol or shotgun like 90% of the time.

October 12th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Pro Bowl Player

By definition, we are a spread offense:

Quote:
The spread offense begins with a no-huddle offense approach with the quarterback in the shotgun formation much of the time. The fundamental nature of the spread offense involves spreading the field horizontally using 3, 4, and even 5-receiver sets (some implementations of the spread also feature wide splits between the offensive linemen). The object of the spread offense is to open up multiple vertical seams for both the running and passing game to exploit, as the defense is forced to spread itself thin across the field (a "horizontal stretch") to cover everyone.

October 13th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]