View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seahawks Shopping Curry 
Team MVP

Post Seahawks Shopping Curry
Profootballtalk.com

Quote:
Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT

APSeahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 30th, 2011, 10:36 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
kdsberman wrote:
Profootballtalk.com

Quote:
Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT

APSeahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.

I know there are some Lions fans who would want to see Mayhew go after him, but he is due something like $5M for this season, then his contract is up, I believe, in 2012.

Given that we have some pretty decent players at backup LB in Palmer, Carpenter and Hogue, I'd say pass. We may need to get another LB, with Ekejiuba being done for the season, and Durant seemingly not playing on Sunday, but not for that price.

September 30th, 2011, 11:52 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

He's probably going to have to restructure his contract in order for a trade to happen. Even with a restructured deal, I don't think Detroit can afford him. BUT, it is probably worth noting that Seattle and Detroit have a very strong history of making deals with each other. In this regard, I wouldn't be shocked if there have been conversations about the Lions acquiring him. I just don't think it will happen.

September 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

You're not going to give up a pick for someone to sit on the bench. We don't rotate LB's like we do DL. Jackson's trade made sense in the rotation. Curry would sit behind Levy, Durant and Tulloch.

September 30th, 2011, 3:33 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
You're not going to give up a pick for someone to sit on the bench. We don't rotate LB's like we do DL. Jackson's trade made sense in the rotation. Curry would sit behind Levy, Durant and Tulloch.

Unless you get him to play in nickel packages or something like that....but still, his contract will be the big issue.

I suspect he lands in Philly or maybe the G-men pick him up.

September 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Yeah, I think he's better suited for a 3-4 team that will have him rush more. Coverage isn't a strength of his. Rushing the QB was always his forte. And yes, his contract will be the main issue.

September 30th, 2011, 5:16 pm
Pro Bowl Player

We could Mayhew a deal for him. Special teams could use a guy with his speed, and cast off's seem to flourish in Detroit. IMO, if the Lions do get him, he will work out just fine.

I dont really care about $, not mine :mrgreen:

October 11th, 2011, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 12th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.

What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?

October 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?

His son I believe...

October 12th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

His son I believe...

Last I heard, his son was openly looking for a GM. He just wants to own not GM.

October 12th, 2011, 8:01 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

His son I believe...

Last I heard, his son was openly looking for a GM. He just wants to own not GM.

Which is why im wondering what those draft picks were? Im sure some of them have to be conditional, but i can't help but wonder if they overpaid, and by how much?

October 12th, 2011, 8:09 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

From what I've read, Al hasn't been directly involved in deals since he got really sick. Not sure how long that has been, but it would seem that they already had the people in place, at least for the interim.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 12th, 2011, 10:41 pm

I think Curry is one of the biggest busts in the last 10 years.

October 12th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Heisman Winner

Blueskies wrote:
I think Curry is one of the biggest busts in the last 10 years.

No way not even top 10 or even top 30. He played decent last year. Not as good as a #2 draft pick but not worthless like jamarcus Russell.

October 13th, 2011, 7:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next