View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 7:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seahawks Shopping Curry 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Seahawks Shopping Curry
Profootballtalk.com

Quote:
Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT

APSeahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.


_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


September 30th, 2011, 10:36 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
kdsberman wrote:
Profootballtalk.com

Quote:
Seahawks shopping Aaron Curry
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT

APSeahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.



I know there are some Lions fans who would want to see Mayhew go after him, but he is due something like $5M for this season, then his contract is up, I believe, in 2012.

Given that we have some pretty decent players at backup LB in Palmer, Carpenter and Hogue, I'd say pass. We may need to get another LB, with Ekejiuba being done for the season, and Durant seemingly not playing on Sunday, but not for that price.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 30th, 2011, 11:52 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
He's probably going to have to restructure his contract in order for a trade to happen. Even with a restructured deal, I don't think Detroit can afford him. BUT, it is probably worth noting that Seattle and Detroit have a very strong history of making deals with each other. In this regard, I wouldn't be shocked if there have been conversations about the Lions acquiring him. I just don't think it will happen.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


September 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
You're not going to give up a pick for someone to sit on the bench. We don't rotate LB's like we do DL. Jackson's trade made sense in the rotation. Curry would sit behind Levy, Durant and Tulloch.


September 30th, 2011, 3:33 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
njroar wrote:
You're not going to give up a pick for someone to sit on the bench. We don't rotate LB's like we do DL. Jackson's trade made sense in the rotation. Curry would sit behind Levy, Durant and Tulloch.


Unless you get him to play in nickel packages or something like that....but still, his contract will be the big issue.

I suspect he lands in Philly or maybe the G-men pick him up.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
Yeah, I think he's better suited for a 3-4 team that will have him rush more. Coverage isn't a strength of his. Rushing the QB was always his forte. And yes, his contract will be the main issue.


September 30th, 2011, 5:16 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
We could Mayhew a deal for him. Special teams could use a guy with his speed, and cast off's seem to flourish in Detroit. IMO, if the Lions do get him, he will work out just fine.

I dont really care about $, not mine :mrgreen:

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


October 11th, 2011, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


October 12th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7457
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.



What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?


October 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.



What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?


His son I believe...

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


October 12th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7457
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.



What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?


His son I believe...


Last I heard, his son was openly looking for a GM. He just wants to own not GM.


October 12th, 2011, 8:01 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.



What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?


His son I believe...


Last I heard, his son was openly looking for a GM. He just wants to own not GM.


Which is why im wondering what those draft picks were? Im sure some of them have to be conditional, but i can't help but wonder if they overpaid, and by how much?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


October 12th, 2011, 8:09 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Raiders trade undisclosed draft picks in 2012 & 2013 for Curry. But, the Raiders are already without 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders in 2012, so they couldn't have given up too much.



What I want to know is WHO BROKERED this trade on the Raiders end? Trades were the sole responsibility of Al Davis. He was after all Owner/GM. As we all know. Al is dead. Who did this deal?

From what I've read, Al hasn't been directly involved in deals since he got really sick. Not sure how long that has been, but it would seem that they already had the people in place, at least for the interim.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


October 12th, 2011, 10:41 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2714
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
I think Curry is one of the biggest busts in the last 10 years.


October 12th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: December 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm
Posts: 785
Post Re: Seahawks Shopping Curry
Blueskies wrote:
I think Curry is one of the biggest busts in the last 10 years.

No way not even top 10 or even top 30. He played decent last year. Not as good as a #2 draft pick but not worthless like jamarcus Russell.


October 13th, 2011, 7:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.