View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Playoff Seeding 
League MVP

Post Re: Playoff Seeding
grudge

Quote:
I have to disagree with this a bit, Tigs would of held a 3-2 game lead but with a seven game series we would of had one more home game and Verlander would of had another start.

without rainouts and in a 7 game series they would have pitched CC 3 times including twice at home. the rainout flipped it by allowing us to get verlander vs cc at comerica. verlander was going to lose game 1, there isnt much question in my mind about that, he just wasnt good and CC was on the money except for a pop by Delmon that went out of the park. then we lost the continuation of game 1 w fister/nova - which would have been down 0-2. the rainout helped us and hurt them by essentially costing them a game that CC would have won at home and then forcing him to pitch on the road swinging the JV/CC matchup in our favor.

We essentially won that series 3-3

October 13th, 2011, 9:30 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

The Legend wrote:
grudge

Quote:
I have to disagree with this a bit, Tigs would of held a 3-2 game lead but with a seven game series we would of had one more home game and Verlander would of had another start.

without rainouts and in a 7 game series they would have pitched CC 3 times including twice at home. the rainout flipped it by allowing us to get verlander vs cc at comerica. verlander was going to lose game 1, there isnt much question in my mind about that, he just wasnt good and CC was on the money except for a pop by Delmon that went out of the park. then we lost the continuation of game 1 w fister/nova - which would have been down 0-2. the rainout helped us and hurt them by essentially costing them a game that CC would have won at home and then forcing him to pitch on the road swinging the JV/CC matchup in our favor.

We essentially won that series 3-3

I understand what you are saying but rain is part of the game and if the Yankees do not have the pitching depth that is there problem. If it was a seven game series we probably would not of seen CC relieve appearance in the fifth game and that might of made a difference. I guess you can say CC would of beaten JV in game 1 since he had a better start but we have seen JV start slow and finish strong so it could of gone the other way too.

October 14th, 2011, 6:58 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Lions2SB2 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
They are definately up against it, but I like the next three matchups for the Tigers.
Granted they can't slip up but Verlander vs. Wilson, Max vs. Holland and Fister vs. Lewis.

Ace vs Ace, Solid vs. head case and Fister vs a guy he already beat. I'd still give the Tigers a 15-20% chance of coming back.

Come on Tigers I want some revenge on the Cards from 06.

I agree... We just need our bats to come alive. I said in the beginning of the series when the pitching matchups worked out that we just needed to make it to game 7 and I thought we'd be alright. We need Young/V-Mart to start hitting better, perhaps along with Avila/Jackson.

Young with 2 jacks so far this game! That good enough for hitting? :wink:

Tigers gutted it out tonight, great job :cheers:

October 14th, 2011, 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3