View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 8:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brandon Lloyd traded to Rams 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Brandon Lloyd traded to Rams
PFT wrote:
Report: Brandon Lloyd on way to St. Louis
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 17, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
The Broncos got their wish: Brandon Lloyd is headed out of town before the team has to practice Monday.

Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports Lloyd will be traded to the St. Louis Rams. The Denver Post writes that Lloyd was told to stay home Monday because he was getting dealt.

We’re still waiting to hear on possible compensation. It doesn’t make a lot of sense from the Rams perspective at 0-5 unless they got Lloyd for practically nothing and/or they work out a contract extension for the receiver. Don’t be surprised if the Rams work something out long term.

Of course, G.M. Billy Devaney and coach Steve Spagnuolo may just be worried about winning some games to save their job.

We’ll be curious to see what the Broncos got for Lloyd. It may only be a conditional late-round pick.

Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels coached Lloyd in Denver, and surely pushed for the move. It’s a fine bargain for St. Louis if they are able to get Lloyd locked up. And if McDaniels is actually around to coach Lloyd.

October 17th, 2011, 11:58 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Brandon Lloyd traded to Rams
Now they're saying not so fast, and there's a lot to still work out, so we'll see. I think it figures though. Give Tebow a shot, yet take away his biggest weapon. They're rolling the dice on Luck.

October 17th, 2011, 12:30 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
Now they're saying not so fast, and there's a lot to still work out, so we'll see. I think it figures though. Give Tebow a shot, yet take away his biggest weapon. They're rolling the dice on Luck.

I truly, truly feel bad for Denver fans. Their ownership should be ashamed of themselves, just like the Ford Family should be ashamed of themselves for putting us through the Dark Years.

First McDaniels came in and ran off most of the talent, now Fox is doing the same thing.

Maybe the Lions should call Denver and ask if they would be willing to part with some offensive linemen?

October 17th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Varsity Captain

The Rams will send the Broncos a 5th round pick if Lloyd catches 30 passes, if he dosen't they will send a 6th round pick.

Either will be in next year's draft.

October 17th, 2011, 3:11 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Elway...Hates...Tebow! Thats the only explanation I have...

October 17th, 2011, 7:18 pm
League MVP

why did the rams even want lloyd? they arent going anywhere this season are they? I get Denver trading him bc they arent going anywhere but the Rams are adding vets mid miserable season?

October 17th, 2011, 10:03 pm
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:

it's been well noted that Brandon didn't like having Tebow as a QB and was begging for Kyle Orton. It's Tebow time now so time to get rid of the dead weight...

October 17th, 2011, 10:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

hamma77 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

it's been well noted that Brandon didn't like having Tebow as a QB and was begging for Kyle Orton. It's Tebow time now so time to get rid of the dead weight...

I would hardly classify their only offensive weapon this year as dead weight. this one is a head scratcher to me.

October 17th, 2011, 11:44 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The Legend wrote:
why did the rams even want lloyd? they arent going anywhere this season are they? I get Denver trading him bc they arent going anywhere but the Rams are adding vets mid miserable season?

Because they have no weapons for Bradford to throw too. Amendola has been out with that elbow and the other recievers have a serious case of the dropsies. He should at least help Bradford a little. Spags is on the hot seat. 3rd year and they were on verge of playoffs last year and they regressed. Vets are quickest way to try to improve. Fail and its the unemployment line.

October 18th, 2011, 12:02 am
The Legend wrote:

1) I think it was a helluva bargain (a 5th rounder at worst case scenario for Lloyd? That's a great deal if they can lock him up long-term).

2) Steven Jackson isn't getting any younger. They need to get their offense clicking before he retires, and Bradford needs weapons in the worst way.

October 18th, 2011, 11:04 am
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
hamma77 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I would hardly classify their only offensive weapon this year as dead weight. this one is a head scratcher to me.

If he isn't happy and is going to have a bad attitude and only give a little bit of what he has, what is the point in keeping him? He was stuck on his opinion on Orton being the starter ever since preseason. One bad apple can lead to 2 bad apples, etc. No reason to keep him especially when he's a free agent year end.

October 18th, 2011, 10:31 pm
League MVP

Quote:
1) I think it was a helluva bargain (a 5th rounder at worst case scenario for Lloyd? That's a great deal if they can lock him up long-term).

2) Steven Jackson isn't getting any younger. They need to get their offense clicking before he retires, and Bradford needs weapons in the worst way.

i agree that they got a decent bargain giving up only a 5th most likely but again they are 0-5 and lloyd is 30 yrs old - there is virtually no chance of anything meaningful happenning this year. i understand the mcdaniels thing but doesnt an 0-5 team want to land picks. maybe they think it will help bradford develop some if he has someone decent to throw to? is that the consensus?

October 19th, 2011, 10:37 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
Quote:

i agree that they got a decent bargain giving up only a 5th most likely but again they are 0-5 and lloyd is 30 yrs old - there is virtually no chance of anything meaningful happenning this year. i understand the mcdaniels thing but doesnt an 0-5 team want to land picks. maybe they think it will help bradford develop some if he has someone decent to throw to? is that the consensus?

Not sure why you are faulting a team for upgrading at WR just because he's 30 years old and because they are currently 0-5.

Andre Johnson is 30, Wes Welker is 30, Reggie Wayne is 32 and Boldin is 31. Ward 35 and Mason 37, have been affective over the past couple of years also. I don't think 30 ends a WR career as much as it does a RB.

The arguement that they are 0-5 only makes sense if you don't expect Sam Bradford to continue to grow and lead his team into next year.

It's a nice trade for both teams if you ask me, the Rams get a solid WR that is already comfortable with the system and the Bronco's get a draft pick to get a player that more than likely wants to play for them.

October 19th, 2011, 11:14 pm
Heisman Winner

5th rounder for a WR on an 0-5 team that can walk at the end of the year? Not really a bargain unless he resigns.

October 19th, 2011, 11:15 pm
RIP Killer

hamma77 wrote:
5th rounder for a WR on an 0-5 team that can walk at the end of the year? Not really a bargain unless he resigns.

I agree that Lloyd can just finish the year and then walk. But he IS a Pro Bowl receiver, and he is having another good season. That is the reason why he's worth a fifth rounder. He has nothing to do with the team being winless at this point. That's all on the coaching staff and the turbulence in the locker room (which admittedly Lloyd is a part of). I don't think a fifth rounder is too much for the Rams to pay to get a receiver than can bring some talent and stabilization to the position for a young QB. And Denver wasn't going to get much more than a fifth rounder given Lloyd being in the last year of his deal. But good luck finding a receiver that good in the fifth round.

October 20th, 2011, 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next