View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Cordy Glenn?? 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Cordy Glenn??
m2karateman wrote:
I'd be shocked if the Lions don't make some serious moves in the 2012 draft to get one of the best offensive tackles available.

^^^This. I fully expect us to come away with a top left tackle to bring the offense together. It would be nice to grab some interior help as well though.

October 11th, 2011, 11:20 am
Raiola has to go. The dood is flat out garbage, he's a hot head, and he's a penalty waiting to happen. Given where we're going to likely pick in the draft (sub 20), I'd be happier with the best OC in the draft than moving up to take a LT. Get him out of here...

October 11th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Raiola has to go. The dood is flat out garbage, he's a hot head, and he's a penalty waiting to happen. Given where we're going to likely pick in the draft (sub 20), I'd be happier with the best OC in the draft than moving up to take a LT. Get him out of here...

Whats frustrating is hearing people that are just casual football fans think that if your line is bad, it MUST be the left tackle. I totally agree with your statement and think Raiola is the weakest link on that line. So far the big name ive heard is Mike Brewster of OSU. Dont know if hes as good as advertised or not.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 11th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Raiola opened up the hole for Best's 88-yarder on Monday night, so that was pretty solid. He's not a big powerful guy so he typically gets pushed around a lot but he is good at the line making the calls so I doubt if the staff is eager to replace him. With that said, I think every position on the OL could be upgraded.

My guess is the Lions will continue looking for players who can play multiple positions, which might mean finding someone who can play G and/or T, or someone who can play G and/or C. Position flexibility is very important to this front office and to both offensive and defensive schemes, so I'm guessing any new OL acquisitions will reflect that philosophy.

October 12th, 2011, 12:20 am
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
Raiola opened up the hole for Best's 88-yarder on Monday night, so that was pretty solid. He's not a big powerful guy so he typically gets pushed around a lot but he is good at the line making the calls so I doubt if the staff is eager to replace him. With that said, I think every position on the OL could be upgraded.

My guess is the Lions will continue looking for players who can play multiple positions, which might mean finding someone who can play G and/or T, or someone who can play G and/or C. Position flexibility is very important to this front office and to both offensive and defensive schemes, so I'm guessing any new OL acquisitions will reflect that philosophy.

Excellent post. I agree that the Lions will draft a guard/center type player and let him replace Peterman before he replaces Raiola. I am not a fan of Dom, but he's not the weak link on this offensive line. Peterman gets that title, with Cherilus a close second this season. Raiola has actually done pretty well so far. You aren't seeing DTs getting to Stafford that much, and that's his first priority. Dom's never been a strong run blocker, so stating that he's lacking in that area is stating the obvious.

October 12th, 2011, 9:08 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

Excellent post. I agree that the Lions will draft a guard/center type player and let him replace Peterman before he replaces Raiola. I am not a fan of Dom, but he's not the weak link on this offensive line. Peterman gets that title, with Cherilus a close second this season. Raiola has actually done pretty well so far. You aren't seeing DTs getting to Stafford that much, and that's his first priority. Dom's never been a strong run blocker, so stating that he's lacking in that area is stating the obvious.

Ya you're probably right about Peterman, guess I was jumping the gun on Dom. Peterman probably is our weakest link on the O-line.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

October 12th, 2011, 10:19 pm
I guess it depends what you mean by "weak link." If you're talking about the worst player then I would agree that its probably Peterman, but if you're talking about size/strength, I think it's Dom. He's too small, his arms are too short, and he gets thrown around. I know it's not supposed to be the Cs job to handle a DT, and that their job is to primarily assist the OGs, but I don't think Dom is strong enough to even do that well.

I'm not questioning Dom's pass protection. I think he can do that fairly well (though he does get beat badly at times, and holds.... IMO it's ridiculous for a C to ever get caught with a holding call). However, I've said it before, I don't think that we will ever be a good running team with Dom centering the line. For that reason I would love to land someone to replace him in this draft. From what I understand his contract is expiring this off-season. If we sign him to a 3+ year extension I'll puke. He's going to want big money (we already over-paid him on his last extension), and he's not worth it. That's what makes me think/hope he could get replaced before Peterman.

October 13th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Not that Mayhew will draft for need, but that SF game made it painfully clear that the OL needs an upgrade. Drafting an o-lineman in every round of the 2012 draft might be a decent idea :lol:

October 17th, 2011, 8:55 pm
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
Not that Mayhew will draft for need, but that SF game made it painfully clear that the OL needs an upgrade. Drafting an o-lineman in every round of the 2012 draft might be a decent idea :lol:

Well, unfortunately although the Lions have drafted a RB in the first 60 picks for two years running, we may have to pull the trigger yet again on that position.

October 17th, 2011, 9:45 pm
m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

Well, unfortunately although the Lions have drafted a RB in the first 60 picks for two years running, we may have to pull the trigger yet again on that position.

Why do you think that? I say fix the OL and our running game and passing games will both improve. Screw a new Rb, unless there is some crazy talent there. IMO if recent drafts and acquisitions have proven anything it's that you can get a good quality Rb late in the draft/free agency.

October 18th, 2011, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

Why do you think that? I say fix the OL and our running game and passing games will both improve. Screw a new Rb, unless there is some crazy talent there. IMO if recent drafts and acquisitions have proven anything it's that you can get a good quality Rb late in the draft/free agency.

I was answering in response to the "take an offensive lineman with every pick" post, and basically stating that there may be another need. I never said use a high pick. But when it comes down to it, if Best is having to consider retirement and LeShoure is not the same guy, we have nobody to run the football worth while. Yes, we could make a move in free agency, and probably get a good RB there. However, with the new CBA and the rookie wage scale, it may make better financial sense to use a mid-round pick on a rookie rather than pay bigger bucks to a free agency RB who may have played his best football already.

October 18th, 2011, 1:44 pm
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

I was answering in response to the "take an offensive lineman with every pick" post, and basically stating that there may be another need. I never said use a high pick. But when it comes down to it, if Best is having to consider retirement and LeShoure is not the same guy, we have nobody to run the football worth while. Yes, we could make a move in free agency, and probably get a good RB there. However, with the new CBA and the rookie wage scale, it may make better financial sense to use a mid-round pick on a rookie rather than pay bigger bucks to a free agency RB who may have played his best football already.

I don't disagree with drafting yet another rookie RB. I think a team should draft a RB in the mid rounds every couple of years, develope him, run him for 3-5 years, and dump him. That's all they're good for. That said, earlier picks I would rather use on OL talent. Bad Rbs behind a good line get yards, good Rbs behind bad OLs don't fare as well, IMO. I also think that virtually anyone with speed and strength can play RB (see Samkin Gato, Danny Woodhead, BJGE, that white dood from Minny, Hillis, a whole slew of past Denver Rbs, etc.), but late round OLmen, despite their "grooming" seem to bust quite often.

October 18th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Whats frustrating is hearing people that are just casual football fans think that if your line is bad, it MUST be the left tackle. I totally agree with your statement and think Raiola is the weakest link on that line. So far the big name ive heard is Mike Brewster of OSU. Dont know if hes as good as advertised or not.

steesn to this thread in 3, 2, 1....

October 18th, 2011, 10:33 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

steesn to this thread in 3, 2, 1....

He hasn't been on the board at all for a few weeks now. Not sure if that's on purpose or not.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 19th, 2011, 11:51 am
Team MVP

thauser wrote:
So, ive been looking at O-line prospects and see his name pop up, Cordy Glenn OG Georgia. I love the size and position because with the lions most likely drafting in the bottom 3rd of the first round a good OG prospect may be for us. My question to you all, is anyone a Georgia fan and have they seen this monster play, and is he the real deal?

I actually JUST watched some videos on Cordy Glenn for my first time, and though you cant really "project" anything from that, I really like what I saw. I like him as a guard. I think if everything worked out well, Id like him to take Petermans spot at RG. I think hes got the size and strength to really upgrade that side of the OL.

October 19th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next