View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Palmer to the Raider 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Palmer to the Raider
You gotta remember that Campbell just went on IR and the Raiders are a playoff-caliber team with a decent QB. Highway robbery, yes, but ultimately it works out well for both clubs.

October 18th, 2011, 10:09 pm
Heisman Winner

Love this trade for both teams.

The Raiders draft horribly anyways. It's a win now league. Just look at some teams, Miami/Atlanta turned around what seemed like doomed teams in one year. The Rams who were looking nothing but up, suddenly fall flat on their faces and are set for the #1 pick again. Now or never....There is so much talent out there and all coaches are on such short leashes that you have to pull the trigger right away on things.

October 18th, 2011, 10:33 pm
RIP Killer

First off, you can't judge the Raiders on their draft picks anymore, because the Crypt Keeper is no longer a factor in the draft.

Secondly, I'm sure the Raiders are thinking that Carson Palmer is better than any QB they've had on their roster for quite some time. If the Raiders can continue playing some good football, they may look at this as the idea that they are getting a former first overall pick for what may amount to a couple late first rounders, at worst.

HOWEVER, my issue is that with the rookie wage scale in place, Palmers deal may be worth four times what the Raiders would have to pay a QB taken in round one, even if they were taken first overall.

I realize that right now money may not be an issue for them, as they are giving serious thought to the playoffs this year. But trades made for the short term, particularly of this magnitude, tend to bite teams in the butt later on.

October 19th, 2011, 10:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

My Problem with it is i don't think Palmer was ever a tier 1 QB. You dont trade 2 1st rounders for a tier 2 QB, even in the prime of their career, let alone in the twilight when they havent produced much in the final year of games they played, and in this case havent played football in a while at all.

There were better options for much cheaper that wouldnt have hamstrung the franchise in the draft for the next 2 years.

And this is comign from someone who was a palmer fan in High School, College and when he went Pro (He was local, My best friend IRL blocked for him in pee wee football, aand we used to watch his games before he went to USC).

The Raiders were desperate and they made a desperate move, and whether they make the playoffs or not this year, I think the cost was way too high. Ill eat crow if they make it to the AFC Championship gamer, but anything less and it wasnt worth it.

October 19th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I can understand the Raiders' need for an established QB, but they gave up way too much IMO. I could see it for a consistent top 10 QB, but that's not Palmer. One 1st or two 2nds should have been sufficient, but Mike Brown did a great job getting everything he could.

October 19th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2