View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 iPhone 4S 
Team MVP

Post Re: iPhone 4S
Hows the battery life? Please tell me its better than a Droid.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2011, 3:45 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
Hows the battery life? Please tell me its better than a Droid.

I have no issue with it. Better than the 3GS was. I can easily get through a day with leaving everything on (notifications, push email, location services, etc.). Most days I leave it plugged in all day, because that's better for the battery. But, if you don't have access to that, it should make it through the day with no problems.

Asking how it is compared to "a Droid" doesn't tell me anything. There are many different Android phones. Which one do you have?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 25th, 2011, 3:47 pm
Team MVP

Droid Incredible

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2011, 4:33 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
Droid Incredible

Oh, yeah it's way better. Everything about it is better than the incredible. In my opinion, the 1 thing Android has that I wish the iPhone has is the Google Maps turn by turn navigation. There is a free app that does navigation on the iphone, but it's not quite as good.

Anyway, back on topic, the battery life of the iphone is probably close to twice what you get on the incredible. By almost every review I've read they're not even close.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 25th, 2011, 4:39 pm
Modmin Dude

Is it possible to save email attachments on iOS???

Just got my 4S on Friday and so far so good... :cheers:

October 31st, 2011, 1:42 pm
QB Coach

TheRealWags wrote:

Yep. Just tap and hold on the attachment and it should give you the option to save it.

Also, a good resource for how-to's and lots of other iphone related stuff is the following: http://www.tipb.com

It's a website called The iPhone Blog and it has tons of info. :cheers:

October 31st, 2011, 3:16 pm
Modmin Dude

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Yep. Just tap and hold on the attachment and it should give you the option to save it.

Also, a good resource for how-to's and lots of other iphone related stuff is the following: http://www.tipb.com

Thx TDJ, that's where I've been getting most of my info :wink:

I"m not sure if it makes a difference, but its an mp3 and when I tap and hold it only gives the option for 'Quick look' which plays it. Am I doing something wrong??? :confused:

October 31st, 2011, 3:44 pm
QB Coach

TheRealWags wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

I"m not sure if it makes a difference, but its an mp3 and when I tap and hold it only gives the option for 'Quick look' which plays it. Am I doing something wrong??? :confused:

Honestly I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever tried to do that with an mp3. I know it's not the best option, but if you can wait until you're in front of your home computer, you can just copy the mp3 from your email over to itunes, then sync it to your phone. Quick & easy.

Other than that, I'd have to google it.

October 31st, 2011, 3:48 pm
Modmin Dude

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Honestly I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever tried to do that with an mp3. I know it's not the best option, but if you can wait until you're in front of your home computer, you can just copy the mp3 from your email over to itunes, then sync it to your phone. Quick & easy.

Other than that, I'd have to google it.

Coolio, thx for the info.

Another question: I have setup an Apple ID for my iTunes (apps, books, music) & backup that will be used on all our devices (to save money / only buy apps/music once, etc) and a separate (my own) for Email, calendar, contacts.....does that sound like I did it right??? (Sorry to be such a pest, I'm an apple n00b :oops: )

October 31st, 2011, 4:10 pm
QB Coach

TheRealWags wrote:
Coolio, thx for the info.

Another question: I have setup an Apple ID for my iTunes (apps, books, music) & backup that will be used on all our devices (to save money / only buy apps/music once, etc) and a separate (my own) for Email, calendar, contacts.....does that sound like I did it right??? (Sorry to be such a pest, I'm an apple n00b :oops: )

Yeah I think so. As far as I know that should work.

October 31st, 2011, 4:14 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
Sorry to be such a pest, I'm a n00b :oops: )

you sure are!

October 31st, 2011, 5:40 pm
Modmin Dude

conversion02 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Sorry to be such a pest, I'm a n00b :oops: )

you sure are!

:finger:

LOL :lol:

November 1st, 2011, 9:16 am
RIP Killer

that was about 5 seconds away from going in my sig!

November 1st, 2011, 7:11 pm
Heisman Winner

There wasn't enough intrigue to upgrade to the 4s for me. I'll stick with the 4 sadly. I wish I had my droid incredible back. The iPhone is really good for being a phone and being reliable but it's just got that crappy apple feel to me. No flash really screws me over when I'm on the road and can't watch streams too.

Good thing is the battery lasts forever, but atleast the 4s has a usable camera. The one in the iphone 4 is worthless after having a droid incredible. The incredible camera is still the best phone I've ever had for pictures. The samsung charge has the same one and it's really badass too.

Luckily I purchased a Toshiba Thrive so I get my droid fix alot now again.

November 2nd, 2011, 5:14 pm
Modmin Dude

hamma77 wrote:
There wasn't enough intrigue to upgrade to the 4s for me. I'll stick with the 4 sadly. I wish I had my droid incredible back. The iPhone is really good for being a phone and being reliable but it's just got that crappy apple feel to me. No flash really screws me over when I'm on the road and can't watch streams too.

Good thing is the battery lasts forever, but atleast the 4s has a usable camera. The one in the iphone 4 is worthless after having a droid incredible. The incredible camera is still the best phone I've ever had for pictures. The samsung charge has the same one and it's really badass too.

Luckily I purchased a Toshiba Thrive so I get my droid fix alot now again.

Apparently with the Skyfire browser, you can view flash on the iPhone....
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire- ... 41497?mt=8
Quote:
Skyfire allows you to watch Flash videos that otherwise don’t work on iPhone.

I haven't tried it yet..........

November 3rd, 2011, 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next