View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 3:17 am



Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 The war of Gog and Magog. 
Author Message
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Okay it appears I may have misunderstood some information or I couldn't find it. However in looking up Ashes of the Red Heifer on Google you find some very interesting information. I don't know if they have found it, but it sounds like there is a lot of discussion between all groups concerning this. So I'll let you check it out!

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


October 27th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11968
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I must say I'm a little confused by your statement Pablo, based on the premise you made about the historical perspective. What do you mean by this exactly?

Because if you look into the many historical references, they are proven true.

here's a couple of examples:

1. ashes of the red calf: This is spoken of in Scripture and actually pertains to the judgment to come if I remember the story correctly. I believe they've found the "chamber" several years agon in a dig. I'll try to google it and find out.

2. Different nations: Babylonians, and Persians specifically have documented records that authenticate the times and stories. ie, Daniel the prophet who became the 3rd highest ranking official in all the land.

3. King Ahasuarus: Husband of Esther, known to have documents as well.

These are just examples that I've heard about that would authenticate the stories from the Bible, that they are written about.

So could you help me to understand what you are saying exactly?

Perhaps I'm out of line here, I apologize if that is the case, but there is no mention of any "God" listed here, these are all humans and therefore should have historical records, if they were indeed real people and not fictional characters.

For example: I'm pretty sure there was a man named Jesus that lived during the time notated in the Bible, which certain records show, however there is no documented, verifiable evidence that this person was the son of a God and/or rose from the dead. Does this make sense?

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 27th, 2011, 3:00 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9401
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I must say I'm a little confused by your statement Pablo, based on the premise you made about the historical perspective. What do you mean by this exactly?


A good question. When I say historical perspective, I mean looking at the other beliefs systems around prior to Christianity and the dominant belief systems as Christianity became more popular.

The example I used was the story of Jesus. If you studied other religeons you would quickly identify other Christ-like Gods who were "invented" well before God put his son on the Earth (and I would think that if there was a God, the story of his son would be unique and awe-inspiring instead of a blatant rip off of others).

So lets take a look at a few other Christ-like historical figures (and I could find many more "Gods" from which the Jesus-story was taken:

1. Horus - Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Horus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

2. Attis of Phrygia - Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.

3. Zoroaster - Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

4. Dionysus - was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an rectum.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

5. Krishna - According to Bhagavata Purana some believe that Krishna was born without a sexual union, by “mental transmission” from the mind of Vasudeva into the womb of Devaki, his mother. Christ and Krishna were called both God and the Son of God. Both were sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man. Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity. Krishna’s adoptive human father was also a carpenter. A spirit or ghost was their actual father. Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent. Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star. Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna’s parents stayed in Mathura. Both Christ and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted. Both were identified as “the seed of the woman bruising the serpent’s head.” Jesus was called “the lion of the tribe of Judah.” Krishna was called “the lion of the tribe of Saki.” Both claimed: “I am the Resurrection.” Both were “without sin.” Both were god-men: being considered both human and divine. Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a leper whole. Each cured “all manner of diseases.” Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead. Both selected disciples to spread his teachings. Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners. Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies. Both were crucified and both were resurrected.

There are many more but I thought five should be sufficient as of now. Now honestly, if you are "open-minded" and you read through these you clearly see the parallels between these stories and that of your Jesus. And if you are really honest with yourself, that has to a least be reason for pause and questioning of the story of Jesus himself.

This is only one small example of how belief systems evolve over time. Each region tends to have its own version of these stories, be it Egypt, Greece, Rome, India, or in most of your cases Isreal. This is how stories (especially when they were primarily spread by word of mouth) developed during that time.

We have ruined much of the Bible through selective "book" inclusions and poor translations, but the jist of the stories remain and they are rehashes of older stories of belief. This is the historical perspective I'm speaking of. It is also no wonder Christianity won out over the other belief systems for a number of reasons, but the top three were:

1) Man is inherently lazy - would you rather follow a belief systems with 100's of Gods or just one?

2) Man likes his private parts to stay intact - if you are going to go with one of the two belief systems with one God, would you choose the one that forces you to cut off the end of your man part?

3) Follow our belief system or die - from the Crusades to the great massacres of the indigenous people of North, South and Central America, Christians either converted you or murdered you. Pretty easy choice if you value your life.

So you have historical perspective of how the stories of how the Bible were developed to how the belief system grew over time in a very condensed format (sorry I don't have more time to go into it further right now).

Jesus is credited with saying "beware of false prophets" and I simply took this to heart starting with him. If you are really a follower of Christ, shouldn't you beware of false prophets as well?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 27th, 2011, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
2 things: Billy....calling that a stretch is a stretch



Pablo: when it come to most things you haver very much come to your sensesand are very open minded. when it comes to matters of faith you are as closed minded as I have ever seen. you can call yourself an agnostic and open minded all you want but your posts clearly state that as being untrue. you are too far on the other side to claim any kind of "comming to senses" on this subject.

You are to open minded-ness on matters of faith as Steensn is to trying to understand an opposing point of view......sad but true.


I won't disagree with you joe. I would like to point out (as I have done in the past), however, that I go to some extremes in my posts about Faith to drive points home. As such, your interpretation of my post on the subject is spot on. That said, I did listen to a pastors discussion on Genesis this morning per a PM from WarEr4Christ after sending my kids off to their Christian preschool.

Also, let me qualify - I'm agnostic as to God. That doesn't mean I am agnsotic towards the Biblical God and that may lead to some of confusion. I view the Bible as a work of fiction and the God portrayed in said book, and the story of his son, as creations of man (fiction).

Listen, if you put the Biblical stories in historical perspective (which virtually no followers do) it becomes painfully obvious that the book is a work of fiction. I've pointed out before how the story of Jesus alone is a plagiarized story (born on 12/25 to a virgin mother performs miracles/heals the sick, dies and is resurrected) from at least six other prior Gods (Egyptian, Greek, Indian, etc). It is so clear how the story of Jesus was fabricated and is more like a remake of a movie than anything remotely being original.

Then again, if you only study the Biblical God/Chrisianity within its own context without other perspective, then you are destined to stick with faulty logic, reasoning, and therefore a belief system. I was open to the idea of a Biblical God after being raised a Catholic, upon further review (and lots of study) - however - I'm convinced that it is all simply made up.

If you can provide any proof/evidence, however, that you God exist, I'm happy to reexamine things. Honestly unless I see any proof, things like this thread about "The war of Gog and Magog" seem totally whack to me - sorry!


When you see the scripture that I quoted in the 1st post of this thread happen,( and I believe that you WILL INDEED see this happen in your lifetime), I hope you will see that the Biblical GOD is very, very real.
And earlier in this thread, you promised that at that time you would drop to your knees and ask Jesus for forgiveness. I am holding you to it. LOL.


October 27th, 2011, 3:36 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
TheRealWags wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I must say I'm a little confused by your statement Pablo, based on the premise you made about the historical perspective. What do you mean by this exactly?

Because if you look into the many historical references, they are proven true.

here's a couple of examples:

1. ashes of the red calf: This is spoken of in Scripture and actually pertains to the judgment to come if I remember the story correctly. I believe they've found the "chamber" several years agon in a dig. I'll try to google it and find out.

2. Different nations: Babylonians, and Persians specifically have documented records that authenticate the times and stories. ie, Daniel the prophet who became the 3rd highest ranking official in all the land.

3. King Ahasuarus: Husband of Esther, known to have documents as well.

These are just examples that I've heard about that would authenticate the stories from the Bible, that they are written about.

So could you help me to understand what you are saying exactly?

Perhaps I'm out of line here, I apologize if that is the case, but there is no mention of any "God" listed here, these are all humans and therefore should have historical records, if they were indeed real people and not fictional characters.

For example: I'm pretty sure there was a man named Jesus that lived during the time notated in the Bible, which certain records show, however there is no documented, verifiable evidence that this person was the son of a God and/or rose from the dead. Does this make sense?


http://www.creatingfutures.net/resurrection.html <--- this site is very informative.

Quote:
There are several books that cover this subject matter. They have much documented evidence to prove the reliability of the Bible.


Jesus, in fact, appeared to over 500 people. ( AFTER HE WAS CRUCIFIED, BURIED, AND RESURRECTED ) This was documented fact.


October 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9401
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
2 things: Billy....calling that a stretch is a stretch



Pablo: when it come to most things you haver very much come to your sensesand are very open minded. when it comes to matters of faith you are as closed minded as I have ever seen. you can call yourself an agnostic and open minded all you want but your posts clearly state that as being untrue. you are too far on the other side to claim any kind of "comming to senses" on this subject.

You are to open minded-ness on matters of faith as Steensn is to trying to understand an opposing point of view......sad but true.


I won't disagree with you joe. I would like to point out (as I have done in the past), however, that I go to some extremes in my posts about Faith to drive points home. As such, your interpretation of my post on the subject is spot on. That said, I did listen to a pastors discussion on Genesis this morning per a PM from WarEr4Christ after sending my kids off to their Christian preschool.

Also, let me qualify - I'm agnostic as to God. That doesn't mean I am agnsotic towards the Biblical God and that may lead to some of confusion. I view the Bible as a work of fiction and the God portrayed in said book, and the story of his son, as creations of man (fiction).

Listen, if you put the Biblical stories in historical perspective (which virtually no followers do) it becomes painfully obvious that the book is a work of fiction. I've pointed out before how the story of Jesus alone is a plagiarized story (born on 12/25 to a virgin mother performs miracles/heals the sick, dies and is resurrected) from at least six other prior Gods (Egyptian, Greek, Indian, etc). It is so clear how the story of Jesus was fabricated and is more like a remake of a movie than anything remotely being original.

Then again, if you only study the Biblical God/Chrisianity within its own context without other perspective, then you are destined to stick with faulty logic, reasoning, and therefore a belief system. I was open to the idea of a Biblical God after being raised a Catholic, upon further review (and lots of study) - however - I'm convinced that it is all simply made up.

If you can provide any proof/evidence, however, that you God exist, I'm happy to reexamine things. Honestly unless I see any proof, things like this thread about "The war of Gog and Magog" seem totally whack to me - sorry!


When you see the scripture that I quoted in the 1st post of this thread happen,( and I believe that you WILL INDEED see this happen in your lifetime), I hope you will see that the Biblical GOD is very, very real.
And earlier in this thread, you promised that at that time you would drop to your knees and ask Jesus for forgiveness. I am holding you to it. LOL.


You've got it Billy, I am a man of my word.

But lets make this a double edge (and fair) sword. How about when you surpass your life expectancy (and The war of Gog and Magog still hasn't occured) you get on your knees and curse Jesus for being the false prophet that he is?

I'm also very willing to raise the stakes if you as strong of a believer as you claim to be - you name the stakes and I'm all in...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
2 things: Billy....calling that a stretch is a stretch



Pablo: when it come to most things you haver very much come to your sensesand are very open minded. when it comes to matters of faith you are as closed minded as I have ever seen. you can call yourself an agnostic and open minded all you want but your posts clearly state that as being untrue. you are too far on the other side to claim any kind of "comming to senses" on this subject.

You are to open minded-ness on matters of faith as Steensn is to trying to understand an opposing point of view......sad but true.


I won't disagree with you joe. I would like to point out (as I have done in the past), however, that I go to some extremes in my posts about Faith to drive points home. As such, your interpretation of my post on the subject is spot on. That said, I did listen to a pastors discussion on Genesis this morning per a PM from WarEr4Christ after sending my kids off to their Christian preschool.

Also, let me qualify - I'm agnostic as to God. That doesn't mean I am agnsotic towards the Biblical God and that may lead to some of confusion. I view the Bible as a work of fiction and the God portrayed in said book, and the story of his son, as creations of man (fiction).

Listen, if you put the Biblical stories in historical perspective (which virtually no followers do) it becomes painfully obvious that the book is a work of fiction. I've pointed out before how the story of Jesus alone is a plagiarized story (born on 12/25 to a virgin mother performs miracles/heals the sick, dies and is resurrected) from at least six other prior Gods (Egyptian, Greek, Indian, etc). It is so clear how the story of Jesus was fabricated and is more like a remake of a movie than anything remotely being original.

Then again, if you only study the Biblical God/Chrisianity within its own context without other perspective, then you are destined to stick with faulty logic, reasoning, and therefore a belief system. I was open to the idea of a Biblical God after being raised a Catholic, upon further review (and lots of study) - however - I'm convinced that it is all simply made up.

If you can provide any proof/evidence, however, that you God exist, I'm happy to reexamine things. Honestly unless I see any proof, things like this thread about "The war of Gog and Magog" seem totally whack to me - sorry!


When you see the scripture that I quoted in the 1st post of this thread happen,( and I believe that you WILL INDEED see this happen in your lifetime), I hope you will see that the Biblical GOD is very, very real.
And earlier in this thread, you promised that at that time you would drop to your knees and ask Jesus for forgiveness. I am holding you to it. LOL.


You've got it Billy, I am a man of my word.

But lets make this a double edge (and fair) sword. How about when you surpass your life expectancy (and The war of Gog and Magog still hasn't occured) you get on your knees and curse Jesus for being the false prophet that he is?

I'm also very willing to raise the stakes if you as strong of a believer as you claim to be - you name the stakes and I'm all in...


I will never curse Jesus. But, you probably already knew that. It's an eternity thing. I hope that some day that you will understand. LOL. I will go to the gilatine(SP?) before I ever renounce Jesus.


October 27th, 2011, 4:06 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9401
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
BillySims wrote:
http://www.creatingfutures.net/resurrection.html <--- this site is very informative.

Quote:
There are several books that cover this subject matter. They have much documented evidence to prove the reliability of the Bible.


Jesus, in fact, appeared to over 500 people. ( AFTER HE WAS CRUCIFIED, BURIED, AND RESURRECTED ) This was documented fact.


Just looked at that site and ZERO proof and ZERO evidence. Lets examine:

Historical Evidence section - they quote osephus who lived after Christ died - great source. They further point out..."Most scholars agree that the statements in italics were added later by others, most likely Christians. I hate it when Christians use deception, lies, false claims, etc. to quote 'help the cause'. Spreading rumors, conjectures, internet hoaxes (even unknowingly, because they refuse to check validity first) etc. is foolishness and many times sin, and they will be judged." Couldn't say it much better myself.

Comments on Lack of Historical Evidence of Resurrection section - starts with "The irritation of the Pharisees, helps us to understand why the resurrection of Jesus is not discussed in the history books" - exactly, a glaring lack of documentation.

Lack of Evidence against the Resurrection and the Bible Accounts section - starts with "Here is something that most never consider. If the crucifixion and the resurrection of Jesus is not true, why during the early centuries is there no documentation" - what a joke. How many articles/books do you see out there right now dispelling events that never took place in the first part?

Invalidity of arguments used against a True Resurrection section - uses Biblical passages to argue against logic. lol, using fiction to prove a fictional event took place - try holding up that in court.

Now let's skip down to the very last part (isn't much in between worth noting anyways).

Origin of the Christian Faith - they dismiss that the "disciples have been deluded by those myths and copied them into their own teaching on the resurrection of Christ" by stating "most of the sources which contain parallels originated after Christianity was established".

First, they use the term "most" which raises a red flag right away because that obviously still tells us that Pagen stories existed about resurrection before the story of Christ was written. Secondly, even using the term "most" is a flat out lie but don't take my word for it - look at the 5 I already pointed out:

Horus (Egypt)- 3,000 BC
Attis of Phrygia (Greek) - 1,200 BC
Zoroaster (Iran) - 3000 BC to 400 BC depending on who you believe
Dionysus (Greece) - worshipped from 1500—1100 BC
Krishna (India) - 900BC-700BC

Funny, all of these are Gods from that same region well before Christ (and I can add more pre-Christ Gods with virtually the exact same story if you still are not convinced for some reason). Historically Christianity (and its offshoots) is a fairly modern religion with all due respect to Scientology (another fictional belief system developed last century by a science fiction writer but whose followers are as sure is 100% real).

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 27th, 2011, 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo:

Can we look at this from another perspective to see if it will clear up the first?

What about satan, lucifer, or whatever else he wishes to call himself? What do these same religions have to say about him? Who was he, how did he come about?

The reason I ask is because the Bible clearly defines who satan is, a created being, and angel who was created for the sole purpose of worship. He was the strongest and most beautiful of all angels, until pride was found in him. The Bible goes on to say there was a terrific "war or struggle" in heaven, in which satan and his associates (angels who chose his side) were cast out. So they were kicked out of heaven and were sent to the earth. The devil is known to be the deceiver, and so if you use deception, you are fooling someone. To fool or trick someone COULD mean to change their beliefs not ALL at once, but just slightly. Case in point, you are in a space capsule returning to Earth from the Moon. In order for you to make it to your destination you need to be EXACT with your trajectory right? But even if one little number is off, you either burn up in the atmosphere, or bounce off to be lost in space. Think of this in terms of religion if you will. The book of Job is said to be the oldest book of the Bible, it mentions dinosaurs and sea monsters (leviathan). The devil has gone to and fro looking for someone to attack and the Lord says have you considered my servant Job. Now Job is sent through ghastly trials to see if his faith will falter, which it does not. But in this very same book, God speaks to Job and asks him questions that he can not answer. "Did you set the boundaries of the oceans? Did you set these constellations in their places (see JOB for the names, pleidese is one of them I think, as is the Hunter I'm pretty sure)." and so on.

What I'm trying to say is this: In these other religions, you have similar stories, but different variations. Christianity is based upon God and Jesus, and a relationship with both. Initially between God and Man, and then later with God and Man through Jesus. The Bible which is God's word, John 1.1, was (I believe my info. is correct here, someone else could verify) written on 3 different continents, by 40 DIFFERENT individuals from different backgrounds, over 1400 years. Yet from page one to the last page the story is complete.

Over the course of time, man has taken the word and warped it, changed it, adapted it in order to suit the selfish desires of man. By saying that, what selfish gains is Christianity asking for? NOT THE CHURCH, Christianity, so money doesn't count. Christianity is asking you to make a choice to accept or deny Christ and that's all.

All of the other religions have a course of action that man can do in order to reach paradise. Jesus says decide. The other religions are based upon action, Christianity is based upon a decision or choice that you make. This is why I've tried to illustrate the relationship with Jesus as being so important.

But let me refer us back to our point, so we don't get side tracked.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


October 27th, 2011, 8:29 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
As I re-read this I thought of a word picture: How do you boil a frog? You can't do it all at once because he'll jump out. So you put the frog in water and slowly turn up the heat up. The frog will not jump out, and will continue to swim in the slowly heating water till it boils, never jumping out. The same can be said with deception. You don't lie blatantly all at once, because it's too obvious, so you do it slowly, gaining ground over time, until in the end you have something different from when you started. That is deception, much like the space ship word picture.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


October 27th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Pablo:

Can we look at this from another perspective to see if it will clear up the first?

What about satan, lucifer, or whatever else he wishes to call himself? What do these same religions have to say about him? Who was he, how did he come about?

The reason I ask is because the Bible clearly defines who satan is, a created being, and angel who was created for the sole purpose of worship. He was the strongest and most beautiful of all angels, until pride was found in him. The Bible goes on to say there was a terrific "war or struggle" in heaven, in which satan and his associates (angels who chose his side) were cast out. So they were kicked out of heaven and were sent to the earth. The devil is known to be the deceiver, and so if you use deception, you are fooling someone. To fool or trick someone COULD mean to change their beliefs not ALL at once, but just slightly. Case in point, you are in a space capsule returning to Earth from the Moon. In order for you to make it to your destination you need to be EXACT with your trajectory right? But even if one little number is off, you either burn up in the atmosphere, or bounce off to be lost in space. Think of this in terms of religion if you will. The book of Job is said to be the oldest book of the Bible, it mentions dinosaurs and sea monsters (leviathan). The devil has gone to and fro looking for someone to attack and the Lord says have you considered my servant Job. Now Job is sent through ghastly trials to see if his faith will falter, which it does not. But in this very same book, God speaks to Job and asks him questions that he can not answer. "Did you set the boundaries of the oceans? Did you set these constellations in their places (see JOB for the names, pleidese is one of them I think, as is the Hunter I'm pretty sure)." and so on.

What I'm trying to say is this: In these other religions, you have similar stories, but different variations. Christianity is based upon God and Jesus, and a relationship with both. Initially between God and Man, and then later with God and Man through Jesus. The Bible which is God's word, John 1.1, was (I believe my info. is correct here, someone else could verify) written on 3 different continents, by 40 DIFFERENT individuals from different backgrounds, over 1400 years. Yet from page one to the last page the story is complete.

Over the course of time, man has taken the word and warped it, changed it, adapted it in order to suit the selfish desires of man. By saying that, what selfish gains is Christianity asking for? NOT THE CHURCH, Christianity, so money doesn't count. Christianity is asking you to make a choice to accept or deny Christ and that's all.

All of the other religions have a course of action that man can do in order to reach paradise. Jesus says decide. The other religions are based upon action, Christianity is based upon a decision or choice that you make. This is why I've tried to illustrate the relationship with Jesus as being so important.

But let me refer us back to our point, so we don't get side tracked.


WarEr,

I would add that Christianity is the only religion in which the deity died for the remission of our sins. Mohammed, Allah, Crishna, or any other religious founder ever even promised that you would be forgiven for your sins if you practiced what they preached. They only say you might get to heaven.


October 27th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
There has been much ballyhoo about the authenticity of Scripture, especially as to how it pertains to today. But as each day passes we see more and more, the authenticity of Scripture, as well as the predictions made in regards to End Times.

Following is an article written about Russia's warning to the world, in regards to attacking Iran. For those who don't know, Russia and Iran have a treaty together that if Iran is ever attacked, Russia MUST come to her aid.

So here we are sitting in the midst of this melodrama on a global scale, and we are watching pieces align, and fall into place day after day. It has got to make you think about what is to come doesn't it?

Russia's foreign minister warned on Monday that any military strike against Iran would be a grave mistake with unpredictable consequences, ahead of a report expected to be released this week by the United Nations' nuclear watchdog agency showing that Tehran has mastered the critical steps needed to build a nuclear weapon.

..According to intelligence provided to the United Nations' nuclear watchdog agency, the IAEA, Iran appears to have received crucial technical assistance from foreign experts, the Washington Post reported, citing Western diplomats and nuclear experts briefed on the findings by the IAEA.

The Israeli media has been rife with speculation that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is working to secure cabinet consensus for an attack on Iranian nuclear installations.

"This would be a very serious mistake fraught with unpredictable consequences," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said when asked about reports that Israel planned a military strike against Iran.

Lavrov said there could be no military resolution to the Iranian nuclear problem and said the conflicts in Iran's neighbors, Iraq and Afghanistan, had led to human suffering and high numbers of casualties.

A raid on Iran's nuclear facilities would be likely to provoke Tehran into hugely disruptive retaliatory measures in the Gulf that would sever shipping routes and disrupt the flow of oil and gas to export markets, political analysts believe.

Foreign assistance
New disclosures in the IAEA report provide details on an apparent secret research program that was more ambitious, more organized and more successful than commonly suspected, The Washington Post said.
.The paper said the report's findings provide new details on the role played by a former Soviet weapons scientist who allegedly tutored Iranians on high-precision detonators of the kind used to trigger a nuclear chain reaction.

Technology linked to Pakistani and North Korean experts also helped Iran advance its capabilities, the officials and experts told the paper.

The report says the intelligence also supports concerns that Iran continued to conduct weapons-related nuclear research after 2003, when U.S. intelligence agencies believed Iran halted the research in response to international pressure.

"The program never really stopped," David Albright, a former IAEA official who reviewed the agency's findings, told the paper.

"After 2003, money was made available for research in areas that sure look like nuclear weapons work but were hidden within civilian institutions," Albright told the paper.

Western powers believe Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons under the cover of a civilian nuclear energy program.

Tehran denies wanting atom bombs, saying it is enriching uranium only to power reactors for electricity generation.

Story: Iran's Ahmadinejad defiant as U.S. raises heat: paper
The United States, the European Union and their allies have imposed economic sanctions on Tehran for refusing to halt its uranium enrichment program.

The United States and Israel have repeatedly hinted at the possible use of force against Iranian nuclear sites, eliciting threats of fierce retaliation from the Islamic Republic.

Based on the intelligence the U.N. agency has concluded that Iran "has sufficient information to design and produce a workable implosion nuclear device" using highly enriched uranium as its fissile core, Albright said.

Albright described some of the highlights at a private conference of intelligence professionals last week, the newspaper said, adding that it had obtained slides from the presentation and a summary of Albright's notes.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


November 7th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.