View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Choice 
Heisman Winner

Post Choice
Looks like Tashard Choice was waived by the Cowboys, any interest?
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7164134/source-dallas-cowboys-waive-injured-tashard-choice

October 29th, 2011, 1:13 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Choice
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Looks like Tashard Choice was waived by the Cowboys, any interest?
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7164134/source-dallas-cowboys-waive-injured-tashard-choice

Absolutely.....he's a helluva lot better than Eldra Buckley or any other RB that's currently available.

October 29th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Varsity Captain

Post Tashard Choice
ESPN is reporting that the Cowboys have cut RB Tashard Choice. I know that he is hurt but don't know how.

Claim him?

October 29th, 2011, 2:05 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Tashard Choice
Can't hurt to put in a claim on him. I never liked him all that much but there are a few on this board who do.

October 29th, 2011, 2:51 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Can't hurt to put in a claim on him. I never liked him all that much but there are a few on this board who do.

He definitely better than Eldra Buckley. I'd say he's better than Keiland Williams as well.

If Schwartz and Mayhew are serious about constantly upgrading the roster, that's a move they really should be making.

October 29th, 2011, 3:32 pm
Junior Varsity

Agree with M2K...I'd like to see us pick him up, definitely an upgrade over what we have going now.

October 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
He definitely better than Eldra Buckley. I'd say he's better than Keiland Williams as well.

If Schwartz and Mayhew are serious about constantly upgrading the roster, that's a move they really should be making.

have to agree this guy is a good runner. not sure what his contract status is but we dont exactly have first shot on waiver wire so there may be others that go after him before we get a shot

October 29th, 2011, 5:00 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Since Choice is injured, I'm hoping he clears waivers and can sign as a free agent. Not sure the Lions would have the best claim otherwise, since they have one of the better won/loss records right now.

October 29th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Since there was one Tashard Choice topic in the NFL Forum and another in The Jungle, I decided to merge the two. No need to discuss the same thing in two different places.

I suspect that the Lions will put in a claim for him, but I doubt all 20+ teams with a higher waiver priority will all pass. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

October 29th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I'd be pretty pumped if they landed Choice. To this day his speech before the Clemson game is still one of my all time favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnstylh2g8

October 30th, 2011, 10:40 am
NFL Team Captain

I think he'd be a great addition too, but i'm pretty sure I read somewhere he had a banged up shoulder that could keep him out of several games. Not sure he'll be ready to contribute any time soon if they did win the claim.

If Best comes back and Choice clears waivers, then I could see them adding him and cutting Buckley. Give him some time to get healthy and hope he can contribute before the end of the regular season. I think it will totally depend on how serious that shoulder is as to whether any team takes a flier on the Choice this season.

Hopefully we have a shot to grab him.

October 30th, 2011, 12:03 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
I think he'd be a great addition too, but i'm pretty sure I read somewhere he had a banged up shoulder that could keep him out of several games. Not sure he'll be ready to contribute any time soon if they did win the claim.

If Best comes back and Choice clears waivers, then I could see them adding him and cutting Buckley. Give him some time to get healthy and hope he can contribute before the end of the regular season. I think it will totally depend on how serious that shoulder is as to whether any team takes a flier on the Choice this season.

Hopefully we have a shot to grab him.

Well, if we did claim him, he would have 2 weeks to heal up some and learn the playbook.

October 30th, 2011, 12:13 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

He's just alittle guy isnt he??? I'm good with ole'boy morris and williams slugging it out and letting Golden Arm Stafford light it up!!!

October 30th, 2011, 11:23 pm
RIP Killer

jedi~outcast wrote:
He's just alittle guy isnt he??? I'm good with ole'boy morris and williams slugging it out and letting Golden Arm Stafford light it up!!!

Choice? He's not what I would call a little guy. If memory serves, he's around 220 lbs at just under 6' tall. Guess it depends who you compare him to.

October 31st, 2011, 6:49 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I was wrong earlier. Since Choice was waived on the weekend, we won't know anything until after 4 PM today. I'm still hoping that the Lions get him, but I don't think it's likely.

October 31st, 2011, 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next