View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What's going on... 
QB Coach

Post What's going on...
I don't fully understand the JoePa situation, and I hear rumblings that he is to step down as HC of Penn St.

Does anyone else see a potential pattern in the gutting of College Football?

Now keep in mind that what is being exposed is very sordid and sometimes criminal, and that goes to show the corruption at the NCAA level. It's the whole "absolute control, corrupts, absolutely!" But for JoePa to be ridden out on a rail with this to end his career on is a complete shame.

I don't understand his involvement in this, if he passed the information along and his superiors failed to act, how does this reflect upon him in such a way that he must now resign? If he does resign, I can almost bet he'll die within the year, most likely from a broken heart, and shame.

Can someone enlighten me?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 9th, 2011, 9:57 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: What's going on...
From what I have read, it seems like he has a strong backing there.. by the amount of people that showed up to his house last night. I believe what people are so upset with JoePa about is that once he did report it, and nothing happened... that he should of then stepped up and done something instead of just standing by.. in essence some people feel that he's to blame b/c he didn't do more.

Just my take on it.

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 9th, 2011, 11:19 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

JoePa is going to be retiring at the end of the season, which I think is a complete travesty. He shouldn't be allowed to finish the season, even if he has 40+ years of experience and is the "moral authority" of Penn State.

Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire at the end of the season, according to a person familiar with the decision.

Paterno will announce his retirement later Wednesday. The Associated Press reported on Paterno's pending retirement, which has been confirmed by ESPN sources.

Sources have told ESPN that Paterno is planning to coach the 12th-ranked Nittany Lions in Saturday's home game -- their last home game of this season -- against No. 19 Nebraska.

Paterno has been besieged by criticism since former defensive coordinator and one-time heir apparent Jerry Sandusky was charged over the weekend with molesting eight young boys between 1994 and 2009. Athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz have been charged with failing to notify authorities after an eyewitness reported a 2002 assault.

Though Paterno is not accused of any wrongdoing, he has been questioned over his apparent failure to follow up on a report of the 2002 incident, in which Sandusky allegedly sodomized a 10-year-old boy in the showers at the team's football complex. A witness, Mike McQueary, is currently receivers coach for the team but was a graduate assistant at the time.

McQueary told Paterno about the incident the next day, and the coach notified Curley and Schultz, who in turn notified Penn State president Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz have been charged with perjury and failure to report the incident to authorities, as required by state law.

Both men, as well as Paterno, testified that they were told that Sandusky behaved inappropriately in that 2002 incident, but not to the extent of McQueary's graphic account to a state grand jury.

November 9th, 2011, 11:21 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Paterno did the minimum according to PA law but he was an absolute failure in the moral obigation as being the face and ultimate leader of PSU and the follow through on this very sad incident. Typical reaction of people in power covering their arse and the ones who are victimized are pushed to the side, forgotten and scared for life.

November 9th, 2011, 11:32 am
Hall of Fame Player

What an amazingly sad and filthy blemish on an otherwise impeccable record.

November 9th, 2011, 11:36 am

Wayne Fontes wrote:
JoePa is going to be retiring at the end of the season, which I think is a complete travesty. He shouldn't be allowed to finish the season, even if he has 40+ years of experience and is the "moral authority" of Penn State.

Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire at the end of the season, according to a person familiar with the decision.

Paterno will announce his retirement later Wednesday. The Associated Press reported on Paterno's pending retirement, which has been confirmed by ESPN sources.

Sources have told ESPN that Paterno is planning to coach the 12th-ranked Nittany Lions in Saturday's home game -- their last home game of this season -- against No. 19 Nebraska.

Paterno has been besieged by criticism since former defensive coordinator and one-time heir apparent Jerry Sandusky was charged over the weekend with molesting eight young boys between 1994 and 2009. Athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz have been charged with failing to notify authorities after an eyewitness reported a 2002 assault.

Though Paterno is not accused of any wrongdoing, he has been questioned over his apparent failure to follow up on a report of the 2002 incident, in which Sandusky allegedly sodomized a 10-year-old boy in the showers at the team's football complex. A witness, Mike McQueary, is currently receivers coach for the team but was a graduate assistant at the time.

McQueary told Paterno about the incident the next day, and the coach notified Curley and Schultz, who in turn notified Penn State president Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz have been charged with perjury and failure to report the incident to authorities, as required by state law.

Both men, as well as Paterno, testified that they were told that Sandusky behaved inappropriately in that 2002 incident, but not to the extent of McQueary's graphic account to a state grand jury.

The Broard of Trustees of PSU need to ask themselves do they really want Paterno and McQueary on the sidelines for the final three games and a bowl game to represent the Penn State football brand. These are men who failed a moral obligation as decent human beings to prevent sexual child abuse. I believe the quicker they can move on to re-establish PSU the better, having Paterno keep coaching the balance of the season this story is going to follow them wherever they go.

November 9th, 2011, 11:41 am
QB Coach

Wayne Fontes wrote:

grgrundge wrote:
The Broard of Trustees of PSU need to ask themselves do they really want Paterno and McQueary on the sidelines for the final three games and a bowl game to represent the Penn State football brand. These are men who failed a moral obligation as decent human beings to prevent sexual child abuse. I believe the quicker they can move on to re-establish PSU the better, having Paterno keep coaching the balance of the season this story is going to follow them wherever they go.

Completely agree with both of these statements. He should in no way be allowed to finish the season. He allowed a man who was seen raping a child to stay around his football team. The guy (Sandusky) even admitted that he did it when he was approached by the kid's mom. There is no excuse for him being anywhere near the football team. Especially now. It is not widely known that Sandusky has been in the team facilities in recent years, and was seen with other boys around the team after all this went down. This guy is a suck f@ck and Paterno should be ashamed of himself for having this kind of person around him. He should be fired. No doubt in my mind.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2011, 11:54 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Got to feel bad for JoePa, sad that your gonna have to go out like that. :(

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 9th, 2011, 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:

To me this is part of the problem, feeling sorry for Paterno and not the victims. Paterno could of acted and buried this back in 1998 instead of sticking his head in the sand. I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

November 9th, 2011, 12:27 pm
QB Coach

grgrundge wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

To me this is part of the problem, feeling sorry for Paterno and not the victims. Paterno could of acted and buried this back in 1998 instead of sticking his head in the sand. I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

Exactly. This man was in charge while children were raped by a member of his staff. And he kept the rapist around, or at least allowed him to still be around the team. Totally and completely unacceptable. There is no scenario under which a child rapist should be anywhere but in prison or dead.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2011, 12:35 pm

grgrundge wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Very good point. The students who have been doing the chanting and supporting Paterno need to think about what their actions really are saying. I know that they love everything about the guy and what he has represented. But really, they are saying that they are supporting a guy who knowingly allowed a man who was seen raping a child in the football building to continue to be around children, coach, and be a part of the program for 10+ years after the initial allegations. Even if Paterno did the minimum required by law, it still paints him as a jackass for not following up with his superiors.

Now for the conspiracy theorists:
Is McQueary really that good of a coach/recruiting coordinator, or was his continued employment to keep him quiet?

Paterno just passed Eddie Robinson for the most wins all time in his last game. Now things come out?

November 9th, 2011, 12:45 pm
QB Coach

Wayne Fontes wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Very good point. The students who have been doing the chanting and supporting Paterno need to think about what their actions really are saying. I know that they love everything about the guy and what he has represented. But really, they are saying that they are supporting a guy who knowingly allowed a man who was seen raping a child in the football building to continue to be around children, coach, and be a part of the program for 10+ years after the initial allegations. Even if Paterno did the minimum required by law, it still paints him as a jackass for not following up with his superiors.

Now for the conspiracy theorists:
Is McQueary really that good of a coach/recruiting coordinator, or was his continued employment to keep him quiet?

Paterno just passed Eddie Robinson for the most wins all time in his last game. Now things come out?

This.

It's awfully convenient that they waited until he passed the record to bring all this up. It's not like this was an unknown issue. There has been an investigation for years apparently. Sad that stupid records get in the way of common decency.

November 9th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Well to supprot the conspirist theory, here's Whitlock's take:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ons-110711

And this story is even more bizarre:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sandusky- ... rn6UXMW9-g

November 9th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Crazy this thread isn't getting blown up more then it is considering how heinous the allegations are.

November 9th, 2011, 5:14 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Crazy this thread isn't getting blown up more then it is considering how heinous the allegations are.

That is the point, I don't think there is much to say. We have a disgusting individual doing this heinous acts and a number of losers who did nothing to stop it with the knowledge of what was going on.

Fire em all...and put the rest in jail.

As the father of two young boys I'm having a hard time even considering what happened here.

November 9th, 2011, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next