View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What's going on... 
RIP Killer

Post Re: What's going on...
The Board has to get rid of any associated parties, today. They can't have Paterno or McQueary on the sidelines for the game this coming weekend, let alone future games. Why? Because there is a strong chance that someone in the crowd will take the chance of attacking them, throwing something at them, shooting them, whatever....and others may get hurt in the process. No doubt additional security will be there, but that's not enough. They have to diffuse the possibility of such a situation, and the only way to do that is to force JoePa and others to not be in the stadium.

Those members who failed to report this are likely to face criminal charges. Paterno did report what he said he knew to the AD, but it didn't go anywhere from there. He had a moral obligation to follow up on the investigation to find out if Sandusky was guilty.

This is only going to get worse. More victims are coming forward, and I'm sure there will be more people associated to this who knew something was going on that needed to be reported to the police, but failed to do so in a pretty sad act to "protect" the university and Joe Paterno.

As was said before, no thought given to the victims or their families. Anyone associated to this should be jailed.....and suffer all the pains that come with it, if you get my meaning.

November 9th, 2011, 6:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
What an amazingly sad and filthy blemish on an otherwise impeccable record.

This is more than just a blemish...

November 9th, 2011, 9:40 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Agreed. This fundamentally changes my opinion of Paterno. He allowed a child rapist to be part of his organization for over a decade after he knew about it. That makes him an accomplice to child rape. there is absolutely, without question, no excuse. None.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2011, 9:50 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Agreed. This fundamentally changes my opinion of Paterno. He allowed a child rapist to be part of his organization for over a decade after he knew about it. That makes him an accomplice to child rape. there is absolutely, without question, no excuse. None.

Apparently you two missed the AMAZINGLY SAD AND FILTHY part.

Sad as in pathetic. As in why the heck didn't JoPa get rid of that deusche bag immediately?

Filthy as in, the sodomist should be strung up by his Balls and used as a pinyatta. When everyone has had a whack, he should then be disemboweled.

November 9th, 2011, 10:05 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Sad as in pathetic. As in why the heck didn't JoPa get rid of that deusche bag immediately?

Filthy as in, the sodomist should be strung up by his Balls and used as a pinyatta. When everyone has had a whack, he should then be disemboweled.

Sorry. Didn't mean any animosity towards you. I'm just disgusted and angered by this whole situation.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2011, 10:43 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

They finally did what needed to be done IMO:
AP wrote:
PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier
By GENARO C. ARMAS, AP

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier (SPAN-yer) amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

The massive shakeup Wednesday night came hours after Paterno announced that he planned to retire at the end of his 46th season.

But the outcry following the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on molestation charges proved too much for the board to ignore.

One key question has been why Paterno and other top school officials didn't go to police in 2002 after being told a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assaulting a boy in a school shower.

Paterno says he should have done more. Spanier has said he was not told the details of the attack.

Sandusky has denied the charges.

Rodney Erickson will serve as interim school president, and defensive coordinator Tom Bradley as interim coach.

November 10th, 2011, 12:42 am

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I'm just saying, when it's gone on for more than a decade, it's not accurate to paint is as a nasty episode at the end of an illustrious career. This was covered up for too long and too many people were irrevocably hurt.

November 10th, 2011, 12:43 am
Junior Varsity

slybri19 wrote:
They finally did what needed to be done IMO:
AP wrote:
PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier
By GENARO C. ARMAS, AP

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier (SPAN-yer) amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

The massive shakeup Wednesday night came hours after Paterno announced that he planned to retire at the end of his 46th season.

But the outcry following the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on molestation charges proved too much for the board to ignore.

One key question has been why Paterno and other top school officials didn't go to police in 2002 after being told a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assaulting a boy in a school shower.

Paterno says he should have done more. Spanier has said he was not told the details of the attack.

Sandusky has denied the charges.

Rodney Erickson will serve as interim school president, and defensive coordinator Tom Bradley as interim coach.

Working late tonight, so I hadn't seen this yet. Good. I usually like to see a trial before definitive conclusions are reached, but Joe and the rest of them have already conceded everything that needed to be known for this action. Despicable, all of it. And being a father adds another level of horror for me.

November 10th, 2011, 1:18 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
And the riots are going on campus. This is crazy, and anyone else think something bad may happen on Saturday? PSU is gonna look like hell after Saturday.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 10th, 2011, 2:11 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

However, I have to ask the question, why now?

Why is it that these stories are coming out now as compared to then? I don't know if we can truly answer those questions, and as someone who's been abused to some extent, I understand the shame associated with the event, but I still have to wonder why now?

This is not to take away from the victims, in fact, I believe the victims should have first dibs at retaliation, but it's so disheartening to see that something that is so beloved as College football is suffering the exposure of this kind of corruption.

Is it just me, or does it appear that the whole fabric of Amercian Society is unraveling?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 10th, 2011, 9:12 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Why is it that these stories are coming out now as compared to then? I don't know if we can truly answer those questions, and as someone who's been abused to some extent, I understand the shame associated with the event, but I still have to wonder why now?

This is not to take away from the victims, in fact, I believe the victims should have first dibs at retaliation, but it's so disheartening to see that something that is so beloved as College football is suffering the exposure of this kind of corruption.

Is it just me, or does it appear that the whole fabric of Amercian Society is unraveling?

I believe you will find your answer at least in partial in this article as to why this has surfaced now and how the investigation began from a 2008 complaint against Sandusky about his involment with a boy while he was a volunteer high school football coach. A predator on the loose as I see it:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... andus.html

November 10th, 2011, 9:54 am

WarEr4Christ wrote:

No, this is just an example of the good ol' boy network being brought to light. Heard a columnist from Pittsburgh on the radio today, and he says they are investigating whether or not Sandusky's non-profit was actually a prostitution ring for wealthy donors. You also look at the prosecutor disappearing, and it's clear a lot of money and power went into covering this thing up. Makes you wonder what else is happening behind the scenes that most people never see...

November 10th, 2011, 10:08 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm listening to the link now. If you are interested:
[link]http://audio.weei.com/a/48513214/mark-madden-talks-about-the-penn-state-scandal-and-drops-a-new-bomb-about-jerry-sandusky.htm[/link]

I would like to know what the chain of command is for Paterno and the AD. In a typical business you have to report these things to HR and then they take care of it. Aren't you supposed to keep it quiet until the internal investigation is complete? I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING PATERNO, I'M JUST ASKING THE QUESTION. Should he have done more once it turned out that it was going to be covered up? Yes. Do the actions of his superiors (Curley, Schultz covering it up and then perjuring themselves) mean he is justified in keeping quiet? No. If he knew about it, why is McQueary promoted to WR coach and why is Sandusky still allowed on campus with kids???!!?

November 10th, 2011, 11:02 am

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'm listening to the link now. If you are interested:
[link]http://audio.weei.com/a/48513214/mark-madden-talks-about-the-penn-state-scandal-and-drops-a-new-bomb-about-jerry-sandusky.htm[/link]

I would like to know what the chain of command is for Paterno and the AD. In a typical business you have to report these things to HR and then they take care of it. Aren't you supposed to keep it quiet until the internal investigation is complete? I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING PATERNO, I'M JUST ASKING THE QUESTION. Should he have done more once it turned out that it was going to be covered up? Yes. Do the actions of his superiors (Curley, Schultz covering it up and then perjuring themselves) mean he is justified in keeping quiet? No. If he knew about it, why is McQueary promoted to WR coach and why is Sandusky still allowed on campus with kids???!!?

I don't think the question is whether he followed proper business policies, it's whether or Joe Pa or any of the other people had a moral obligation to act when they saw this wasn't getting resolved through the normal channels.

November 10th, 2011, 12:06 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

They clearly did have a moral obligation, but by not doing so, does that warrant just Paterno being fired? Why hasn't McQueary been axed, as well as those involved in not doing anything about it? I guess what I'm getting at is that there has to be at least 6 people who knew and didn't act. Now that the President and Paterno are gone, there has to be more people who were aware and didn't act who should be fired.

November 10th, 2011, 12:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next