View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 1:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What's going on... 
Author Message
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: What's going on...
Wayne Fontes wrote:
They clearly did have a moral obligation, but by not doing so, does that warrant just Paterno being fired? Why hasn't McQueary been axed, as well as those involved in not doing anything about it? I guess what I'm getting at is that there has to be at least 6 people who knew and didn't act. Now that the President and Paterno are gone, there has to be more people who were aware and didn't act who should be fired.


And maybe there will be, time will tell.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 10th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2307
Post Re: What's going on...
The Big 10/NCAA has to seriously think about shutting down the program altogether for at least the rest of this season, and possibly the next.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 10th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: What's going on...
I'm not sure if it would go that far because it isn't technically an NCAA issue where they would have any say in what happens about this. If there was a serial rapist on the English faculty preying on the students the English program wouldn't lose its accreditation nor be shut down by the university.

_________________
Forward down the field!


November 10th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2307
Post Re: What's going on...
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'm not sure if it would go that far because it isn't technically an NCAA issue where they would have any say in what happens about this. If there was a serial rapist on the English faculty preying on the students the English program wouldn't lose its accreditation nor be shut down by the university.


True--I had been thinking about the whole Miami situation, but I'm not sure how/if this violates any NCAA statutes.

I think you could definitely see the Big 10 though force Penn St. to cancel the rest of their season--right now they're probably waiting for the school itself to make that move.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 10th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: What's going on...
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'm not sure if it would go that far because it isn't technically an NCAA issue where they would have any say in what happens about this. If there was a serial rapist on the English faculty preying on the students the English program wouldn't lose its accreditation nor be shut down by the university.


True--I had been thinking about the whole Miami situation, but I'm not sure how/if this violates any NCAA statutes.

I think you could definitely see the Big 10 though force Penn St. to cancel the rest of their season--right now they're probably waiting for the school itself to make that move.


Canceling the season in my opinion would be an omission that Paterno is bigger then the football team and the university and it would be a huge mistake. It would be totally unfair to the current players to do this who have a chance to win a B10 title, it is not their fault that those who were in power were perverts and inept administrators. I do agreee that McQueary needs to be suspended and not on the sidelines, even though he was probably told to keep quiet by Paterno, Curley and company, he is still a vivid face and player in this tragic incident and to the general public he is partly responsible.

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


November 10th, 2011, 1:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9888
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: What's going on...
Wayne Fontes wrote:
They clearly did have a moral obligation, but by not doing so, does that warrant just Paterno being fired? Why hasn't McQueary been axed, as well as those involved in not doing anything about it? I guess what I'm getting at is that there has to be at least 6 people who knew and didn't act. Now that the President and Paterno are gone, there has to be more people who were aware and didn't act who should be fired.


McQueary not being fired is my big question. Paterno caught most of the flak because he's the well known party in all of this. McQueary is the witness to an illicit act who told Paterno, who told the AD.

McQ was witness to a crime, against a child. You don't JUST report that to your boss, you report it to criminal authorities. After you prevent the act from continuing. McQueary didn't even do that. He didn't stop Sandusky, he didn't pull the poor kid out of there, and he didn't report it to the PROPER authorities. This isn't like seeing someone stealing paper clips or even finding out they were skimming funds. There is a defineable victim here.

McQueary not reporting this to the police SHOULD be a crime, and MAY be a crime in the state of Pennsylvania. Regardless, he should have been the first one fired in this whole ordeal, then the AD and President, then Paterno.

I don't think, as some have said, that the football program should be destroyed or severely punished. Doing that creates other victims. What will the current football players do? What did they do wrong to deserve it? What happens to the other non-revenue sports that depend on the football program for the money to maintain their existence?

And I heard today that Sandusky may have pimped out some of these youngsters to wealthy football boosters. That is a rumor....but so was the whole ordeal about Sandusky back in April. Now that rumor has proven to be true. Let's hope the new one doesn't turn out to be true.

Paterno needed to go anyways. It makes me laugh that some of these students are rioting on his behalf. What if these kids were their younger brothers or sisters? Would they defend Paterno if that were the case? Would they support McQueary, or want him dead? Are some of the people who are defending Paterno now the same ones who were calling for his to quit when he team was struggling in 2006-2007? If so, those folks need to look inside themselves for what matters to them most....football wins, or childrens lives.

Oh....and I say castrate Sandusky, make him eat a sh!t sandwich, then feed him feet first to a pool full of alligators......slowly, very slowly.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 10th, 2011, 4:20 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: What's going on...
grgrundge wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'm not sure if it would go that far because it isn't technically an NCAA issue where they would have any say in what happens about this. If there was a serial rapist on the English faculty preying on the students the English program wouldn't lose its accreditation nor be shut down by the university.


True--I had been thinking about the whole Miami situation, but I'm not sure how/if this violates any NCAA statutes.

I think you could definitely see the Big 10 though force Penn St. to cancel the rest of their season--right now they're probably waiting for the school itself to make that move.


Canceling the season in my opinion would be an omission that Paterno is bigger then the football team and the university and it would be a huge mistake. It would be totally unfair to the current players to do this who have a chance to win a B10 title, it is not their fault that those who were in power were perverts and inept administrators. I do agreee that McQueary needs to be suspended and not on the sidelines, even though he was probably told to keep quiet by Paterno, Curley and company, he is still a vivid face and player in this tragic incident and to the general public he is partly responsible.


Agree.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 11th, 2011, 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: What's going on...
This didn't take long, very decisive on the B1G part:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... hip-trophy

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


November 14th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3691
Location: WSU
Post Re: What's going on...
Quote:
McQueary not being fired is my big question. Paterno caught most of the flak because he's the well known party in all of this. McQueary is the witness to an illicit act who told Paterno, who told the AD.

McQ was witness to a crime, against a child. You don't JUST report that to your boss, you report it to criminal authorities. After you prevent the act from continuing. McQueary didn't even do that. He didn't stop Sandusky, he didn't pull the poor kid out of there, and he didn't report it to the PROPER authorities. This isn't like seeing someone stealing paper clips or even finding out they were skimming funds. There is a defineable victim here.

McQueary not reporting this to the police SHOULD be a crime, and MAY be a crime in the state of Pennsylvania. Regardless, he should have been the first one fired in this whole ordeal, then the AD and President, then Paterno.

I don't think, as some have said, that the football program should be destroyed or severely punished. Doing that creates other victims. What will the current football players do? What did they do wrong to deserve it? What happens to the other non-revenue sports that depend on the football program for the money to maintain their existence?

And I heard today that Sandusky may have pimped out some of these youngsters to wealthy football boosters. That is a rumor....but so was the whole ordeal about Sandusky back in April. Now that rumor has proven to be true. Let's hope the new one doesn't turn out to be true.

Paterno needed to go anyways. It makes me laugh that some of these students are rioting on his behalf. What if these kids were their younger brothers or sisters? Would they defend Paterno if that were the case? Would they support McQueary, or want him dead? Are some of the people who are defending Paterno now the same ones who were calling for his to quit when he team was struggling in 2006-2007? If so, those folks need to look inside themselves for what matters to them most....football wins, or childrens lives.

Oh....and I say castrate Sandusky, make him eat a sh!t sandwich, then feed him feet first to a pool full of alligators......slowly, very slowly


My first instint is the same as yours. How could McQueary not stop this and call the police immediately? But like many who witness a crime he ran - its common. Normal people arent trained to step in and stop murders, rapes, etc and instead freeze or freak out when they witness such events. It doesnt matter that Sandusky is an old man, the victim is a child or that McQueary was a former DI QB who could have easilly stopped Sandusky w.o injuring himself - the initial reaction to seeing something that gruesome is the same. Only people in law enforcement should be expected to step in and act. Even though we all think we are tough guys and would step in and stop it probably only a minority of us would actually do it. Calling the police however is a different matter altogether and McQueary cannot be excused from that.

As for Paterno by the time the information gets to him, its hearsay and has to be evaluated as McQueary's word vs Sandusky's and anything we interpret after that is based on assumptions. Paterno passed the info along but what did McQueary really tell him? Was there any reason for Paterno to doubt McQueary? Did McQueary and Sandusky have a bad relationship prior to this event? Did McQueary ever have a history of lying being untruthful or stretching the truth? How close was Paterno w Sandusky, did he contact Sandusky and ask him about this event? Did Paterno know about prior investigations and accusations against Sandusky. Did the university conduct some sort of investigation? Did Paterno ever follow up w the AD and president to find out what happened? If he did, we dont know what they told Paterno? Did they tell him they chose to cover it up or did they lie to him in some way and said that there wasnt enough evidence (the victim from the witnessed event is unknown) or that the police did an investigation or any other excuse? How involved in day to day activities was Paterno at this point in his career? Was he just a figurehead trading his name and reputation for a chance at others coaching his teams to extend his career and records? We just dont know what happened from this point forward. Im not picking sides but I understand why some people like Franco Harris support Paterno and would ve like to see this investigation go further before the firing for fairness to Paterno. From a PR perspective obviously this could never happen.


November 14th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9489
Location: Dallas
Post Re: What's going on...
Bob Costas did a great job interviewing this freak last night. His lawyer is an idiot for letting him speak to the media (then again, his lawyer once represented a 16-year old girl and got her pregnant).

If you have seen/heard the interview, it was on some show called Rock Center last night on NBC and I'm sure it is all over YouTube.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 15th, 2011, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: What's going on...
Pablo wrote:
Bob Costas did a great job interviewing this freak last night. His lawyer is an idiot for letting him speak to the media (then again, his lawyer once represented a 16-year old girl and got her pregnant).

If you have seen/heard the interview, it was on some show called Rock Center last night on NBC and I'm sure it is all over YouTube.


He's one sick SOB.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 15th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: What's going on...
Well, one scumbag representing another scumbag:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/s ... RSdr9zeutK

Geez [-X

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


November 15th, 2011, 3:26 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3691
Location: WSU
Post Re: What's going on...
kind of perfect in its own sick way, who else would defend a pedophile?


November 15th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9489
Location: Dallas
Post Re: What's going on...
In a terribly tragic case, this is actually pretty funny!!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... eference/1

Quote:
Joe Amendola, the attorney for Jerry Sandusky, needs to think twice before he references another 800 phone number.

Amendola spoke with reporters after waiving Sandusky's preliminary hearing today, and addressed the allegation that Penn State assistant football coach Mike McQueary witnessed Sandusky rape a boy in a campus locker room.

If you believe that, Amendola said, "I suggest you dial 1-800-REALITY."

The New York Daily News decided to follow up and dial that number, and discovered it's a number for a gay-sex phone service. (We verified it, too.)

The recorded welcome says the phone service is "the hottest place for triple-X action."


_________________
Image
LB Tweet


December 13th, 2011, 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.