View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 1:39 am



Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate! 
Author Message
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Pablo wrote:
Time to face facts for the GOP...

1) Incumbents rarely lose in their re-election bids
2) Cain has women coming out of "Woods" at him much like Tiger did
3) Romney is a Mormon
4) Newt is an aquatic amphibian, not a prez
5) Paul is a Libertarian parading as a Republican
6) Bachmann's poll numbers are falling faster than the Autumn leaves
7) Rick Perry's favorite group is Earth, Wind, and...umm, err, ah

Sorry to say, time for more "hope and change" fellas.



People are so fed up with the economy, Obama, and big government and government spending that I think anyone that runs a respectable campaign against the Dems will win.


November 10th, 2011, 1:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Pablo wrote:
Time to face facts for the GOP...

1) Incumbents rarely lose in their re-election bids
2) Cain has women coming out of "Woods" at him much like Tiger did
3) Romney is a Mormon
4) Newt is an aquatic amphibian, not a prez
5) Paul is a Libertarian parading as a Republican6) Bachmann's poll numbers are falling faster than the Autumn leaves
7) Rick Perry's favorite group is Earth, Wind, and...umm, err, ah

Sorry to say, time for more "hope and change" fellas.



you say that like it's a bad thing! :wink:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 10th, 2011, 2:38 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
regularjoe12 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Time to face facts for the GOP...

1) Incumbents rarely lose in their re-election bids
2) Cain has women coming out of "Woods" at him much like Tiger did
3) Romney is a Mormon
4) Newt is an aquatic amphibian, not a prez
5) Paul is a Libertarian parading as a Republican6) Bachmann's poll numbers are falling faster than the Autumn leaves
7) Rick Perry's favorite group is Earth, Wind, and...umm, err, ah

Sorry to say, time for more "hope and change" fellas.



you say that like it's a bad thing! :wink:


Well it is in the GOP thread... What we have certainly learned the last 4 years is that Obama is not the answer. The GOP doesn't have the answer either.

The real problem is the two party system, especially when choices on both sides are so bad (and both of their platforms are pretty damn sad to start with).

We have seen how the two parties have run up the debt, both need to go and quickly unless one stops up and does an about face.

So what do you get when you mix two crappy parties with two crappy candidates? Well, just take a look at the last decade but folks will continue to blindly vote on party lines...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 10th, 2011, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Pablo wrote:
Time to face facts for the GOP...

1) Incumbents rarely lose in their re-election bids
2) Cain has women coming out of "Woods" at him much like Tiger did
3) Romney is a Mormon
4) Newt is an aquatic amphibian, not a prez
5) Paul is a Libertarian parading as a Republican
6) Bachmann's poll numbers are falling faster than the Autumn leaves
7) Rick Perry's favorite group is Earth, Wind, and...umm, err, ah

Sorry to say, time for more "hope and change" fellas.


I understand what you're saying, Pablo, but the "Hoax and Chains" has gotta end and I know how to do it, but does the GOP? McCain attempted to take the high road in 2008 and we all saw how that worked out. Obama had never taken the high road in his life (take a look at his state senate and US senate campaigns in Illinois to see what I'm talking about), so neither should the GOP this time around.

Attack! Attack! Attack! In 2008, Obama didn't have a record (besides voting "present"), but he does now and it isn't pretty. Hammer him on unemployment, deficits, crony capitalism, health care, lack of transparency, scandals, partisanship, etc. relentlessly and viciously. This will probably be the GOP's strategy, but they need to take it further.

They could begin with ads showing Obama stating his support for Occupy Wall Street, followed by clips of the protesters smashing windows, attacking the police, and other acts of violence. Tie him directly to it and ask Americans if they can support a President who advocates for violence. That will drive the libtards nuts, but that's part of my plan.

Next, the GOP needs to use two words as often as possible - "socialist" and "liar". Show Americans the platforms of Communist Party USA, Democratic Socialists of America, and the various Socialist parties in Europe. Then, compare them to Obama's agenda and they'll see that they're nearly identical. They can also show that CPUSA and DSA both support and endorse Obama and ask voters if they agree with the Communists and Socialists. As for the "liar" part, there are thousands of examples to choose from, so take your pick. Show an Obama quote, followed by the truth. The more examples of his blatant lying to the American people, the better. After thousands of these ads, many will think he's a lying Socialist by the time the election rolls around. The best part is that it's the truth and Obama will be incapable of defending against the specific examples.

They also need to smear him with anything and everything they can come up with because the lamestream media will do the same thing to the GOP candidate. Bring up terrorist Bill Ayers and the racist hateful Rev. Wright. How about Obama's gay lover who mysteriously died in 2007 as his campaign was taking off? Tie him to extreme radicals like Van Jones and criminals like Tony Rezko. Dig deeper into his past to find more radicals or criminals to connect him to. Play dirty because Obama and his cronies surely will.

_________________
Image


November 10th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
But Sly, you are so caught up in the issues with Obama/Democrats you virtually ignore all the issues within the GOP, and they aren't pretty and the track record there is just as bad.

Listen, I am a child of the 80's who loved Regan and was a strong Republican. Problem is they have been no better than the Democrats with their fiscal responsibilities.

I know some of you see them as the lesser of two evils, but they are still evil (and short sighted). I know you want to see your side WIN, as does the other side, problem is we are all still losing and it is our next few generations that are going to have to pay.

It is going to take real leadership and a significant change in policies, I don't see anyone ready to step up and lead the charge. My hopes are already shifting to 2016!!!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 10th, 2011, 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Pablo, I agree with you. I hate 80% of all Republicans too, but as you said, I view them as the "lesser of two evils". The Democratic Party has moved so far to the left that they ought to rename themselves the Democratic Socialists. As a result, I will never even think about voting for even a moderate Dem ever again and will support anybody that opposes them. Right now, that's the Republican Party and there really isn't another legitimate alternative. With that said, I and others like me, are attempting to hold the Republicans accountable for their actions. Those that aren't fiscally conservative enough will have to deal with our wrath and our votes in their upcoming primaries.

_________________
Image


November 10th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Every single one of them will have flaws.

But you have to stop looking at the split support for the GOP candidates as a weaker field. Once a candidate is selected, all support will go behind him/her. You don't have to be the fastest man to escape the chasing bear. You just have to be faster than the man behind you.

And every candidate in the GOP field will come out in front of Obama. You can talk about past elections with incumbents, but much like Bush 1 learned, "its the economy stupid." Obama pushed off any type of reform or job efforts until AFTER he past his cronie stimulus package and health care. He owned both the house and senate and could have passed anything, but they waited. He won by the youth vote and the black vote, both of which have been hit the hardest by the economy.

Hope and change will finally come when he's out of office.


November 10th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
njroar wrote:
"its the economy stupid."


somewhat true, but the economy continues to improve. At this point in the election I am reminded much of 1983 - Regan's re election was very much in doubt and the economy was struggling. It continued to improve over the course of the year with unemployment falling (in a good way) back to the low to mid sevens.

The mid term elections in Regan's first term was a disaster (sound familiar?), we had the S&L crisis, Michigan's unemployment was the worst in the country near 15%, etc...

With the economy continuing to show signs of improvment Regan won every state except Minnesota (Mondale's home state) - no candidate has touched Regan's results since.

To discount Obama a full year out is silly. A lot can happen between now and then and the GOP doesn't have anyone who looks like they can capture the nations attention right now.

Also remember, as many of you who will vote Republican for the sake of it will have equal if not a greater number voting Democratic for the same reason.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 10th, 2011, 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2714
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
But the economy is not getting any better and it will continue to get worse in the coming years. I don't know if you've fully investigated just how fudge Europe is, but as I said in the other topic, its very likely to cause another financial crisis. Employment is not getting any better (the unemployment figure is dropping only because people have been out of work for so long they no longer qualify) and housing is not recovering.

The only thing that's marginally improving is manufacturing and auto sales (even the recovery in these is pathetic). Oh, and Apple is selling a lot of phones the majority of the population can't afford.

The economy will be in a worse state than it is today in a year. But I don't know if this dooms Obama. FDR had a horrendous economy for most of his time in office and continued to win re-election. Ultimately, hungry people are going to want free poop, and Obama will promise that--the Republicans won't.

That's kind of why I think Sly's idea of demonizing OWS would be complete suicide. The support for the movement is likely to grow in coming months. Running on a platform of cutting taxes on the rich and reducing welfare benefits isn't going to get you anywhere in a nation which is becoming more and more impoverished.

Its the inner-city theory of politics. The poor in the inner city continue to elect Democrats year after year after year, even though their situation never improves. It will be like that, except on a nation-wide scale.


November 10th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Blueskies, I have to completely disagree with you about OWS. There have been two shootings at Occupy sites today and it's only going to get worse because the commies/anarchists simply can't help themselves. The vast majority of Independents will not support the escalating violence, so if you can successfully tie Obama to it, it's a win-win. Hell, you could even make the case that his class warfare rhetoric inspired the protests, which then led to violence and deaths. If the GOP doesn't use this against Obama, they're dumber than I thought they were.

_________________
Image


November 10th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2714
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
If I'm wrong, feel free to make fun, but I'll stand by my prediction: In November of 2012 the economy will be worse than it is today, and most Americans will support OWS--or some other similar protest movement. 2012 might be the year of the protest/riot in this country.


November 11th, 2011, 1:00 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
Quote:
But the economy is not getting any better and it will continue to get worse in the coming years. I don't know if you've fully investigated just how fudge Europe is, but as I said in the other topic, its very likely to cause another financial crisis. Employment is not getting any better (the unemployment figure is dropping only because people have been out of work for so long they no longer qualify) and housing is not recovering.



sorry blueskies but at least regionally the bolded isnt true. houses are selling again and values have stopped plumeting and in some areas (outside of the cities) they are slowly on the rise again.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 11th, 2011, 11:05 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
But the economy is not getting any better and it will continue to get worse in the coming years. I don't know if you've fully investigated just how fudge Europe is, but as I said in the other topic, its very likely to cause another financial crisis. Employment is not getting any better (the unemployment figure is dropping only because people have been out of work for so long they no longer qualify) and housing is not recovering.



sorry blueskies but at least regionally the bolded isnt true. houses are selling again and values have stopped plumeting and in some areas (outside of the cities) they are slowly on the rise again.


Consumer spending is rising pretty quick, that is 70% of our economy. UofM just released their consumer confidence report - those measurements all continue to rise.

As for jobs, the unemployment rate did fall slightly to 9.0% from 9.1%, but if you read further into the reports the adjuments for the previous two months showed another 102K jobs added than thought. You will also find that more Americans have resumed their search for work, that is the opposite of what you claimed, and the job gains are outpacing that trend as well.

Most economic signs are trending up. I would agree that the issues in Europe could hurt the US economy but that is largely out of our control.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 11th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2714
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
In some regions, housing may be recovering to an extent. But on a nationwide basis, it is not. Ultimately, housing is a function of jobs. If people have jobs, they will buy houses. Unfortunately, the government continues to prop up house prices to artificial levels, and so it will probably be many years before this market gets back to a healthy growth rate.

As for the economic data: the NFP rose by only 80k in October, which was worse than what was expected. The UER dropped by only 0.10%, mostly because of revisions. The labor force participation rate was flat at 64.2%. I am very skeptical of these reports and their revisions. For example, in the summer they revised a report up because of striking workers at Verizon Wireless. How are striking workers unemployed? Further, every day I hear about another company laying off workers. MF Global just laid off 1k+ brokers without any warning. AMD announced a cut of 10% of its labor force a few days ago; before that Cisco; before that Bank of America.

The consumer confidence number rose, and it rose more than expected, but its reading was still far below the average since the statistic was invented 30 years ago. Also, inflation expectations are at their lowest since early 2009--I don't think this is because people have a ton of confidence in Bernanke.

Yes, Europe is out of our control. But it will still hurt; the consequences of a global economy.


November 12th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: April 16th, 2005, 3:23 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Hollywood, FL
Post Re: Lets Find Sly a new lover...er GOP candidate!
slybri19 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Time to face facts for the GOP...

1) Incumbents rarely lose in their re-election bids
2) Cain has women coming out of "Woods" at him much like Tiger did
3) Romney is a Mormon
4) Newt is an aquatic amphibian, not a prez
5) Paul is a Libertarian parading as a Republican
6) Bachmann's poll numbers are falling faster than the Autumn leaves
7) Rick Perry's favorite group is Earth, Wind, and...umm, err, ah

Sorry to say, time for more "hope and change" fellas.


I understand what you're saying, Pablo, but the "Hoax and Chains" has gotta end and I know how to do it, but does the GOP? McCain attempted to take the high road in 2008 and we all saw how that worked out. Obama had never taken the high road in his life (take a look at his state senate and US senate campaigns in Illinois to see what I'm talking about), so neither should the GOP this time around.

Attack! Attack! Attack! In 2008, Obama didn't have a record (besides voting "present"), but he does now and it isn't pretty. Hammer him on unemployment, deficits, crony capitalism, health care, lack of transparency, scandals, partisanship, etc. relentlessly and viciously. This will probably be the GOP's strategy, but they need to take it further.

They could begin with ads showing Obama stating his support for Occupy Wall Street, followed by clips of the protesters smashing windows, attacking the police, and other acts of violence. Tie him directly to it and ask Americans if they can support a President who advocates for violence. That will drive the libtards nuts, but that's part of my plan.

Next, the GOP needs to use two words as often as possible - "socialist" and "liar". Show Americans the platforms of Communist Party USA, Democratic Socialists of America, and the various Socialist parties in Europe. Then, compare them to Obama's agenda and they'll see that they're nearly identical. They can also show that CPUSA and DSA both support and endorse Obama and ask voters if they agree with the Communists and Socialists. As for the "liar" part, there are thousands of examples to choose from, so take your pick. Show an Obama quote, followed by the truth. The more examples of his blatant lying to the American people, the better. After thousands of these ads, many will think he's a lying Socialist by the time the election rolls around. The best part is that it's the truth and Obama will be incapable of defending against the specific examples.

They also need to smear him with anything and everything they can come up with because the lamestream media will do the same thing to the GOP candidate. Bring up terrorist Bill Ayers and the racist hateful Rev. Wright. How about Obama's gay lover who mysteriously died in 2007 as his campaign was taking off? Tie him to extreme radicals like Van Jones and criminals like Tony Rezko. Dig deeper into his past to find more radicals or criminals to connect him to. Play dirty because Obama and his cronies surely will.


Is this what your 29 page Obama bashing thread is about?


November 12th, 2011, 5:25 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.