View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 9:39 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 When is Suh going to learn 
Author Message
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post When is Suh going to learn
I put this on the coaching staff and Swartz, Suh needs to be suspended it is the only way he is going to learn. He is not helping this team by stepping on guys when the play if over. Now the players on other teams are going to intimidate Suh every time they play the Lions. Suh is a marked man its to bad for the Lions this guy cannot keep his emotions under control for the good of the team. [-X


November 24th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
How about that dingleberry that was holding him on every play the entire game. I'd be pissed too if I was beating someone so they cheated to neutralize me and it was NEVER called. Even the stomping play, that clown had suhs jersey and pads and tackled him

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 24th, 2011, 7:06 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
I generally like the way Suh plays but the stomp was cheap. Never like seeing a guy kicked when he's on the ground. Suh has to keep his composure in these situations. Usually his aggressiveness helps the Lions win but today he hurt the team.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


November 24th, 2011, 8:36 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
I agree, there is absolutely no call for that whatsoever.

However, I do believe somewhat, but it was intentional, whether he was aiming for the guys arm or not. He definately was pissed, which I don't blame him, and I believe he was not trying to hurt the guy. But there's no room for that kind of garbage.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 24th, 2011, 8:41 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Quote:
How about that dingleberry that was holding him on every play the entire game. I'd be pissed too if I was beating someone so they cheated to neutralize me and it was NEVER called. Even the stomping play, that clown had suhs jersey and pads and tackled him


i dont like to complain about holds generally but there were plays when i paused and re watched that the entire DL had won their one on one battles but Packers are grabbing them to slow them down w no call. pretty awful crew in general.


November 24th, 2011, 8:50 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 235
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
I now believe Suh is not very smart.

Anyone see the interview with him after the game? Claims he didn't do anything intentional, he was trying to catch his balance or something...he knows what he did and the man upstairs knows what he did........what a bunch of BS. HE had the I'm being picked on again attitude.

He could have maybe save a game of suspension by owning up to it and apologizing. Now I think he will be suspended for at least 2 games.


Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


November 25th, 2011, 12:37 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
conversion02 wrote:
How about that dingleberry that was holding him on every play the entire game. I'd be pissed too if I was beating someone so they cheated to neutralize me and it was NEVER called. Even the stomping play, that clown had suhs jersey and pads and tackled him

Maybe you do not know how the NFL works if you are caught holding your penalized, if your not caught holding then you bite the bullet and just play under control. How many times do players taunt the other guys they do it all the time, that does not mean you take it upon yourself to make things even, you need to be mature and grow up for the good of the team and the players.


November 25th, 2011, 2:35 am
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2128
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
since he's gonna get suspended for a while, i kind of wish he got his moneys worth. that game was filled with bad calls and no one notices dirty play when its done to the Lions. he went too far with the kick but i still wish he connected in a way that ended the guys afternoon so he wouldnt be around to hold anymore. its crazy how we have the best front 4 in football yet we almost never draw holding penalties. its gonna be almost impossible to beat the Saints next week.

Suh shouldve owned up to it after the game tho

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 25th, 2011, 3:24 am
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 345
Location: Michiana
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
I have been defending him for all of his actions up until now (except for the Delhomme "rag doll toss") but this just IS dirty, foolish, and reckless behavior on his part. Most of the time he HAS been penalized for or criticized for his aggressive play in FINISHING hits on QBs or ball carriers and I agreed for those situations that he was playing "full tilt" and coming at the person with the ball in their hand and sometimes you just can't "stop" if you are barreling down on someone at full speed.

This was just stupid. It's clear as day that he was bouncing the guy's head off the ground. I don't think stepping on him was entirely malicious, intentional, and on par with the Haynesworth "Head Stomp" move, but it was the icing on the cake in what will give him a hefty fine and or suspension.

We all know his emotion got the best of him and he was fighting with a player who took him down to the ground and wouldn't let go, but he should have snapped out of it and "remove himself from the situation" or whatever the hell his explanation was without continuing to fight with the other players involved and swing or kick at anyone.

I know there are all kinds of players who will use any kind of advantage they can on you and WILL play "Dirty" and hold, punch you in the stomach and/or nuts, chop block, etc. as much as they can and I'm sure it's bound to make anyone really p!$$ed off if it happens to them, but Suh just stooped to their level today and it's plain as day on camera and you can't deny what he was doing. It wasn't part of hitting the QB or taking down a ball carrier, it was after the play, and it was CHEAP.

Unfortunately EVERY penalty he commits from here on out is bound to get scrutiny, even if it was a part of the hit or the tackle he was committing and it wasn't intentional that he inadvertently takes down someone by the neck or gets his hands on a face mask. He just officially earned the "Dirty" label today, and it will effect how refs penalize him from here on out.

I almost hope he does get suspended at this point to kind of keep him in check a bit more. He needs to figure out how to play within the rules AND play aggressively at the same time. If the guard is holding him or trying to take him down and out of the play, then take it out on the QB on the next one if he can!

I think this may be a pivotal point in the rest of this season, in the negative sense. I don't think suspending Suh and not having him on the field for 1 or 2 games (hopefully that's it) will make the Lions lose, but the way refs will be penalizing the Lions from now on may. I think it's going to be 9-7 on the year now, with 2 wins from MIN, OAK, or SD and that's it. I don't see them beating NO or GB in Lambeau now.

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


November 25th, 2011, 4:40 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
DisgruntledFan wrote:
I have been defending him for all of his actions up until now (except for the Delhomme "rag doll toss") but this just IS dirty, foolish, and reckless behavior on his part. Most of the time he HAS been penalized for or criticized for his aggressive play in FINISHING hits on QBs or ball carriers and I agreed for those situations that he was playing "full tilt" and coming at the person with the ball in their hand and sometimes you just can't "stop" if you are barreling down on someone at full speed.

This was just stupid. It's clear as day that he was bouncing the guy's head off the ground. I don't think stepping on him was entirely malicious, intentional, and on par with the Haynesworth "Head Stomp" move, but it was the icing on the cake in what will give him a hefty fine and or suspension.

We all know his emotion got the best of him and he was fighting with a player who took him down to the ground and wouldn't let go, but he should have snapped out of it and "remove himself from the situation" or whatever the hell his explanation was without continuing to fight with the other players involved and swing or kick at anyone.

I know there are all kinds of players who will use any kind of advantage they can on you and WILL play "Dirty" and hold, punch you in the stomach and/or nuts, chop block, etc. as much as they can and I'm sure it's bound to make anyone really p!$$ed off if it happens to them, but Suh just stooped to their level today and it's plain as day on camera and you can't deny what he was doing. It wasn't part of hitting the QB or taking down a ball carrier, it was after the play, and it was CHEAP.

Unfortunately EVERY penalty he commits from here on out is bound to get scrutiny, even if it was a part of the hit or the tackle he was committing and it wasn't intentional that he inadvertently takes down someone by the neck or gets his hands on a face mask. He just officially earned the "Dirty" label today, and it will effect how refs penalize him from here on out.

I almost hope he does get suspended at this point to kind of keep him in check a bit more. He needs to figure out how to play within the rules AND play aggressively at the same time. If the guard is holding him or trying to take him down and out of the play, then take it out on the QB on the next one if he can!

I think this may be a pivotal point in the rest of this season, in the negative sense. I don't think suspending Suh and not having him on the field for 1 or 2 games (hopefully that's it) will make the Lions lose, but the way refs will be penalizing the Lions from now on may. I think it's going to be 9-7 on the year now, with 2 wins from MIN, OAK, or SD and that's it. I don't see them beating NO or GB in Lambeau now.


Suh was born to late he should have been born in the 40's then he could have played in the NFL where they allowed to take the other guys head off with being penalized. Unfortunately we are play in 2011 and they are not going to allow this, they will have to sit Suh down and work on his anger control. He is going to be tested by all offensive players now and that is going to be bad for Suh and the Lions team, because I see him hurting this team with penalties or worse suspended, he just needs to be smart about this game. It is a fine line, how do you harness this young lads power and still make him effective.


November 25th, 2011, 5:00 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Atleast, the Lions did the right thing:
Mlive wrote:
Detroit Lions release statement responding to Ndamukong Suh's stomping incident
Published: Friday, November 25, 2011, 8:25 PM Updated: Friday, November 25, 2011, 8:30 PM
By Anwar S. Richardson MLive.com

The Detroit Lions just released this statement in response to defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh's stomping incident, which resulted in his ejection against Green Bay yesterday:

"The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday's game was unacceptable and failed to meet the high level of sportsmanship we expect from our players.

"Ndamukong has made many positive contributions to the Lions on and off the field. We expect his behavior going forward to consistently reflect that high standard of professionalism.

"We have been in contact with Commissioner Goodell's office and were advised that, like any on-field matter, Thursday's incident is subject to review by the League office and that any subsequent discipline would be determined by the League office."


http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/11/detroit_lions_release_statemen.html

And it seems like Suh is beginning to wake up:
Mlive wrote:
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh issues apology via Facebook
Published: Friday, November 25, 2011, 8:32 PM Updated: Friday, November 25, 2011, 8:44 PM
By Anwar S. Richardson MLive.com

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh issued an apology through his Facebook page for the incident with Green Bay offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith yesterday.

Suh did not apologize to Dietrich-Smith, or admit he stomped his opponent yesterday, but apologized to his teammates, organization and fans.

In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday's game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration.

Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players.

I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional--on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand -- by winning.


http://www.freep.com/article/20111125/SPORTS01/111125020/Jahvid-Best-s-season-over-Lions-put-him-IR

I'll be shocked if Suh doesn't get atleast a two game suspension for this.

_________________
Image


November 26th, 2011, 9:54 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9775
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Suh's latest incident is evidence of one thing.....what others are saying about him is true, he is a dirty player. While some of you whine about how he is getting held on every play, what you may be overlooking is the possibility that he does dirty things on every play too. I don't like seeing him get held, but it's not up to Suh, us or anyone but the officials to make that determination and make the call. If YOU were the offensive lineman going against Suh, you'd probably be holding him too, especially if the officials aren't calling it.

At this point, I'm glad I didn't purchase a #90 jersey, because I'd not want to wear it at this point in time. He may have had his reasons to do it, but that doesn't mean you go ahead and do it. He hurt his team at a time in the game when it was still a close contest.

If he got suspended for the remainder of the season, I wouldn't be upset about it.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 26th, 2011, 10:54 am
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3635
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Quote:
At this point, I'm glad I didn't purchase a #90 jersey, because I'd not want to wear it at this point in time. He may have had his reasons to do it, but that doesn't mean you go ahead and do it. He hurt his team at a time in the game when it was still a close contest.



Hate to say it but I agree 100%. I would rather lose than suppport that type of behavior.


November 26th, 2011, 11:42 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
KFFL is reporting that the league will not get into reviewing Suh's play prior to Sunday's game.

Looks like he gets atleast a one week repeive.


November 26th, 2011, 11:51 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7126
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
So all the teams that have been beating the drums on Suh being a dirty player win? This is BS. You guys just roll over and throw Suh under the bus because he actually was guilty this time?

Just go ahead and schedule surgery to have Suh's balls removed. We finally get a great player on our defense and all anyone wants to do is castrate him. You want a toned down Suh? Be careful what you ask for. You will end up with a player that is ineffective because he can no longer be himself. I am not condoning what he did on Thursday. But, I am also not out to castrate him either.


November 26th, 2011, 11:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.