View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 And your NFL rushing champions is... 
RIP Killer

Post And your NFL rushing champions is...
Curtis Martin ran for 153 yards on Sunday to give him 1,697 for the season. The 31 year old won the NFL's rushing title by one yard over the Seahawks' Shaun Alexander and became the oldest rushing champion since Marion Motley ran for 810 yards in 1950. Martin tied a career high with nine 100-yard rushing games, scored his most touchdowns (12) since his second year in the NFL, and passed both Jerome Bettis and Eric Dickerson to become the fourth-leading rusher in NFL history this season.

And I avoided him at all costs on my fantasy teams. Guess I have to rethink that "RB over 30" rule. :wink:

By the way, the Lions Kevin Jones finished a lucky 13th with 1133 yards. Jones had the least carries of anyone in the top 16.

The next highest rookie was the Cowboy's own Jones, ranking 28th with 819 yards. He also averaged 4.2 yards a carry, a full half yard off of KJ's 4.7 ypc.

January 3rd, 2005, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Don't worry Shaun, just leave to Arizona in free agency and everything will be all better :D

January 3rd, 2005, 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]