View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 1:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12240
Post Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
PFT wrote:
Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 29, 2011, 1:28 PM EST

Well, Dan Orlovsky has a chance to make history.

He can be the man that helps the Colts avoid 0-16. Or he can be the man who gets stuck as the starting quarterback on two different 0-16 teams.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell revealed Tuesday that Dan Orlovsky will take over for Curtis Painter as the team’s starter. Caldwell made the announcement at the press conference to fire coordinator Larry Coyer — the man Caldwell chose for the job in 2009.

Orlovsky is unlikely to help the Colts get a win over the next two weeks. Indianapolis heads to New England, and then Baltimore.

The Colts will have a better chance later in the season when they host the Titans and Texans before traveling to Jacksonville.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... for-colts/

Good luck Dan O, you're going to need it.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


November 29th, 2011, 4:42 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Go Dan-O!

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


November 30th, 2011, 9:21 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
And remember Dan, once you run out of the back of the endzone you can't still pass the ball downfield...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 30th, 2011, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Pablo wrote:
And remember Dan, once you run out of the back of the endzone you can't still pass the ball downfield...


:lol:

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 30th, 2011, 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3898
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Pablo wrote:
And remember Dan, once you run out of the back of the endzone you can't still pass the ball downfield...

lmbo

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 30th, 2011, 6:48 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3898
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
ok...just had a thought that made me feel really really bad about Dan-O......he could possibly be the only guy to ever start on two 0-16 teams.... #-o

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 30th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
regularjoe12 wrote:
ok...just had a thought that made me feel really really bad about Dan-O......he could possibly be the only guy to ever start on two 0-16 teams.... #-o


I think you just figured out where the "O" in Dan-"O" comes from... Nice one Joe!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 30th, 2011, 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12240
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
ok...just had a thought that made me feel really really bad about Dan-O......he could possibly be the only guy to ever start on two 0-16 teams.... #-o


I think you just figured out where the "O" in Dan-"O" comes from... Nice one Joe!

Ernie Sims could be part of that too.......

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


December 1st, 2011, 9:04 am
Profile
Online
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2285
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
I'm prolly the only one who thinks that if Drew Stanton got half of his starts, we would've won atleast 1 game that year. Screw Dan, he was a bum and embarrassed us and if they go 0-16, Dan O deserves that legacy(but i think IND will beat the Jags on the last game of the season

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 1st, 2011, 4:13 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Killwill25 wrote:
I'm prolly the only one who thinks that if Drew Stanton got half of his starts, we would've won atleast 1 game that year. Screw Dan, he was a bum and embarrassed us and if they go 0-16, Dan O deserves that legacy(but i think IND will beat the Jags on the last game of the season


Dan-O sucks, and I hope that they go 0-16 really bad.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


December 7th, 2011, 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3872
Location: WSU
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
Quote:
I'm prolly the only one who thinks that if Drew Stanton got half of his starts, we would've won atleast 1 game that year. Screw Dan, he was a bum and embarrassed us and if they go 0-16, Dan O deserves that legacy(but i think IND will beat the Jags on the last game of the season


Dan-O sucks, and I hope that they go 0-16 really bad.


hmmm never knew there were Dan O haters out there. I dont understand either one of your posts. I respect the hell out of Dan O. The only chance at winning a game that season went out the window when Millen went down week 3 pretty much ensuring that the coaching staff was gone and when Mayhew traded Roy that sealed the deal although obviously both helped in the long run and were necessary moves. The players played hard though and that included Orlovsky, much better player than Culpepper at that point in both of their careers. I actually went to the one game they should have won at Soldier field which was a solid effort by Orlovsky but blown by Michael Gaines.

Anyway I think Dan O did enough in his run this season to get another job next season and I think he s better than a lot of No 2 that some teams used this year - Palko, Hanie,


January 6th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2373
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
I'm prolly the only one who thinks that if Drew Stanton got half of his starts, we would've won atleast 1 game that year. Screw Dan, he was a bum and embarrassed us and if they go 0-16, Dan O deserves that legacy(but i think IND will beat the Jags on the last game of the season


Dan-O sucks, and I hope that they go 0-16 really bad.


hmmm never knew there were Dan O haters out there. I dont understand either one of your posts. I respect the hell out of Dan O. The only chance at winning a game that season went out the window when Millen went down week 3 pretty much ensuring that the coaching staff was gone and when Mayhew traded Roy that sealed the deal although obviously both helped in the long run and were necessary moves. The players played hard though and that included Orlovsky, much better player than Culpepper at that point in both of their careers. I actually went to the one game they should have won at Soldier field which was a solid effort by Orlovsky but blown by Michael Gaines.

Anyway I think Dan O did enough in his run this season to get another job next season and I think he s better than a lot of No 2 that some teams used this year - Palko, Hanie,


I'm with you--I always liked Dan O. Definitely not starter material, but a solid back-up for sure.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


January 7th, 2012, 12:36 am
Profile
Online
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2293
Post Re: Dan Orlovsky gets the call for Colts
thelomasbrowns wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
I'm prolly the only one who thinks that if Drew Stanton got half of his starts, we would've won atleast 1 game that year. Screw Dan, he was a bum and embarrassed us and if they go 0-16, Dan O deserves that legacy(but i think IND will beat the Jags on the last game of the season


Dan-O sucks, and I hope that they go 0-16 really bad.


hmmm never knew there were Dan O haters out there. I dont understand either one of your posts. I respect the hell out of Dan O. The only chance at winning a game that season went out the window when Millen went down week 3 pretty much ensuring that the coaching staff was gone and when Mayhew traded Roy that sealed the deal although obviously both helped in the long run and were necessary moves. The players played hard though and that included Orlovsky, much better player than Culpepper at that point in both of their careers. I actually went to the one game they should have won at Soldier field which was a solid effort by Orlovsky but blown by Michael Gaines.

Anyway I think Dan O did enough in his run this season to get another job next season and I think he s better than a lot of No 2 that some teams used this year - Palko, Hanie,


I'm with you--I always liked Dan O. Definitely not starter material, but a solid back-up for sure.


+1

_________________
Time to Move on from the Schwartz Era. My Favorite Offense Minded Coaching Candidates: O'Brien, Whisenhunt, John Gruden, Jay Gruden, David Shaw, Tom Coughlin


January 9th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.