View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Lions have to start all over again 
Stadium Announcer

Post Lions have to start all over again
This team seems to be jinxed, we draft a #1 defensive player now he is known as the dirtiest player in the league, we draft a running back that looks awesome when he is right, but last year he battles turf toe and this year he will no longer play because of a concussion, we draft a full back and he is lost for the season, you tell me is this team cursed. I have read many articles on William Clay Ford I will not go into detail on what I read that is for you to find the articles and you be the judge, but what I have read about this man I would have to say something is going on, cursed bad karmar use what you want but I do not think the Lions will ever be blessed. Just my opinion you do not have to agree we all have our opinions. It seems they take 1 step forward and 2 backward.

November 26th, 2011, 2:13 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Lions have to start all over again
you are so right...this is just as bad as 0-16......sigh :\

Hate to tell you this...7-4 is pretty darned good for a team only 3 years removed from being the worst team in football history. Relax there youngster. This IS a good time for Lions football.

November 26th, 2011, 11:24 am
Stadium Announcer

regularjoe12 wrote:
you are so right...this is just as bad as 0-16......sigh :\

Hate to tell you this...7-4 is pretty darned good for a team only 3 years removed from being the worst team in football history. Relax there youngster. This IS a good time for Lions football.

if they finish the season 8-8 how does that equate to a winning season. yes I know its better than 0-16 but lets say they fade in the 2nd half, what have they gained. They have no running back, they need to replace most of the offensive line, they need defensive backs, no they are a long way from being a elite team, anybody can be a also ran and that is basically what the Lions are.

November 26th, 2011, 9:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

and where are you getting that they will only win more game? to be honest i'm only expcting another 2 with 1 more we can steal. but thats still 9-10 wins....what an awful year :roll:

November 30th, 2011, 6:48 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
and where are you getting that they will only win more game? to be honest i'm only expcting another 2 with 1 more we can steal. but thats still 9-10 wins....what an awful year :roll:

I know, tell me about it. Just cannot please any "fan".

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 30th, 2011, 10:44 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:

In reality, the Lions could very easily win just one game from here out. San Diego is a beatable team, but they have also flashed the ability to win a game against a team that is undisciplined, such as the Lions. Oakland, New Orleans and Green Bay are all going to be VERY tough games to win...damn near impossible, is what I'd say. All are on the road, all against tough teams. So, if you count Minnesota as a victory, there's your one win. San Diego is up in the air. And, after starting 5-0, going just 4-7 after that would be considered something of a disappointment, and definitely not in the playoff hunt.

So, don't act like 8-8 won't happen. Because it certainly can.

December 1st, 2011, 12:23 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

8-8 would be the best season we've seen since 2000. Yes, given the 5-0 start, an 8-8 season would be disappointing but this team is light years ahead of where it was three years ago.

December 1st, 2011, 5:27 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They could go 8-8, but 9-7 is more realistic.

That would mean

0-16
2-14
6-10
9-7

Looks like a pretty good trend to me.

This is unfinished product. I think people just got their hopes up with the 5-0 start.

They have the best WR in football. They have a young, talent QB. Suh is one of the most talented D players in the league. They have other promising talent in the form of Titus Young, Fairley, Pettigrew, etc.

RBs are a dime a dozen in the modern NFL. Rebuilding the O line will be a challenge, but Mayhew has shown himself to be very resourceful.

I like the direction the team is moving in and am very excited for the future.

December 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
RIP Killer

Make no mistake, I'd be OK with 9-7, but not so much 8-8. Improving from 6-10 to 8-8 is not that big of a deal. And when you take into consideration that during the 6-10 season they were winning games without their starting QB, one would assume that a full season with that starting QB would gain you more than just a couple more wins.

This is about more than just the talent on the team. The coaching has to improve, the playcalling has to improve and the game adjustments have to improve. Above and beyond all else, the discipline of the players MUST improve for this team to take the next step. While some may point to coaching as being the solution to that issue, I disagree. These are PROFESSIONAL football players, as they like to proclaim to anybody who will listen. Well then, act like it. Stop jumping off-sides, forgetting the snap count or dropping easy catches. Stop screwing up blocking assignments, running the wrong routes, or missing open receivers. Stop turning over the ball, and start making some good tackles instead of going for the highlight reel hit.

This team needs to return to the fundamentals of football. Know your role, play within yourself, use good technique and keep your head in the game.

December 2nd, 2011, 9:36 am
QB Coach

m2karateman wrote:
Make no mistake, I'd be OK with 9-7, but not so much 8-8. Improving from 6-10 to 8-8 is not that big of a deal. And when you take into consideration that during the 6-10 season they were winning games without their starting QB, one would assume that a full season with that starting QB would gain you more than just a couple more wins.

This is about more than just the talent on the team. The coaching has to improve, the playcalling has to improve and the game adjustments have to improve. Above and beyond all else, the discipline of the players MUST improve for this team to take the next step. While some may point to coaching as being the solution to that issue, I disagree. These are PROFESSIONAL football players, as they like to proclaim to anybody who will listen. Well then, act like it. Stop jumping off-sides, forgetting the snap count or dropping easy catches. Stop screwing up blocking assignments, running the wrong routes, or missing open receivers. Stop turning over the ball, and start making some good tackles instead of going for the highlight reel hit.

This team needs to return to the fundamentals of football. Know your role, play within yourself, use good technique and keep your head in the game.

Agreed. I get the feeling that the Lions right now are a team that is pretty young, and doesn't have a history of winning. So, they don't really know how to take the next step from being the upstart team who is doing a lot better, to doing the little (and big) things it takes to be a consistent winner. In my opinion, this is something that only comes with experience. So whatever ends up happening over the course of the rest of this season, hopefully the team will learn from it. There is no question the team has improved and over a long term view, is certainly trending in the right direction. I just hope they do learn from the good and bad things this year, and continue to improve. I believe they will.

β€œThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 2nd, 2011, 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]