View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 what is with all the doom and gloom about the lions 
Varsity Captain

Post what is with all the doom and gloom about the lions
this team is 7-5 with losses to lets see
1-atlanta-number 1 wildcard team and i believe 13-3 last season and we fought them tooth an nail
2-49ers-division leader at 10-2 and they beat us in the last minutes of the game
3-chicago-division rival playing at home during a hot streak.only game we didnt show up
4-greenbay-until the rash of injurys we were outplaying and lets not even talk about the refs
5-saints-even with major injurys we played with them at there house.
i dont see a bad loss among them.i could see complaining if we were lossing to dog teams.the lions are right there were they should be a young up and comming team that will make the playoffs this season.
minnasota-the vikes aint the saints and we should walk away with an easy win
oakland-a harder game but i see a denver type game here
chargers-there pretty bad this year and at ford field it could get ugly for them
packers-normally this should be a loss but i dont think the pack will be playing for anything an most likely wont risk rogers to injury going into the playoffs.i know the 16-0 will be sitting there but is it worth rogers maybe missing a playoff game.
as for chicago there done.and the giant wont beat the cowboys twice to jump past us.this team is right on schedule .

December 6th, 2011, 2:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: what is with all the doom and gloom about the lions
True. But the Saint game was ugly because we looked immature

December 6th, 2011, 3:18 am
Player of the Year - Defense

You can blame the refs, but every single game, we've beat ourselves. Those five teams didn't beat us. If we got out of our own way, we could have won the division. I'm not sure what was more frustrating. Being 0-16, knowing we were talent deficient, or 7-5 and knowing we're better than our record shows.

I still have hope for our team, especially with a 6-6 Giants team that historically collapses in December, a Forte-less Chicago team as our main competition for the final wild card slot. I definitely don't share the doom and gloom that some have, although I am extremely frustrated with how they are playing right now.

December 6th, 2011, 7:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

allenslions wrote:
this team is 7-5 with losses to lets see
1-atlanta-number 1 wildcard team and i believe 13-3 last season and we fought them tooth an nail
2-49ers-division leader at 10-2 and they beat us in the last minutes of the game
3-chicago-division rival playing at home during a hot streak.only game we didnt show up
4-greenbay-until the rash of injurys we were outplaying and lets not even talk about the refs
5-saints-even with major injurys we played with them at there house.
i dont see a bad loss among them.i could see complaining if we were lossing to dog teams.the lions are right there were they should be a young up and comming team that will make the playoffs this season.
minnasota-the vikes aint the saints and we should walk away with an easy win
oakland-a harder game but i see a denver type game here
chargers-there pretty bad this year and at ford field it could get ugly for them
packers-normally this should be a loss but i dont think the pack will be playing for anything an most likely wont risk rogers to injury going into the playoffs.i know the 16-0 will be sitting there but is it worth rogers maybe missing a playoff game.
as for chicago there done.and the giant wont beat the cowboys twice to jump past us.this team is right on schedule .

I can't believe I'm even responding to this nonsensical, kool-aid injected, cornbread stuffed diarrhea of a post but here goes...

1) Given the teams current state of affairs, IF we made the playoffs what do you think any of those teams (Atlanta, Green Bay, San Francisco, Saints, etc) would do to the Lions when we travel to their home turf?

2) "i could see complaining if we were lossing to dog teams.the lions are right there were they should be a young up and comming team that will make the playoffs this season." ... new_rofl.gif ...That's laughable and certainly not a foregone conclusion.

... I'm sorry. I'm busy laughing at you. I just can't go on.

December 6th, 2011, 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

I remember this one time as a kid when I mess up pretty bad, go sent home and suspended from school. I had to wait for Dad to get home and the harsh reality of the "real" punishment and his anger with me to begin. ( What really sucked is My Dad knew about what happened within minutes of it happening, he taught at the high school I went to.)

My father gets home and I wait for the anger to come....and it doesn't. All he said initially was " I'm not so much angry with what happened as I am disappointed in you"

That's kinda how I feel about the Lions right now, not really mad, but hugely disappointed with the classlessness of their actions.

Take Suh, very articulate and intelligent sounding, I think that man has the wool pulled over my eyes. I'm starting to think he is a thug type person ( I like that on the field during play) off the field as well as on. First the stomping, now apparently he has lied to the police about the accident he was involved in.

Lions control weather or not they make the post season, but like Dom said, " Grow the F*UCk up" and they need to do it fast or this once promising season will go down as one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember. More disappointing than 0-16.

Frok

December 6th, 2011, 9:05 am
RIP Killer

It's not about the Lions record, it's about what their record COULD have been if they were a more disciplined team. It seems like in those games they have had inconsistencies that have upset their opportunity to win. And when it comes down to it, just beating the creampuff teams shouldn't be enough to satisfy any fan.

The Lions have now created a reputation as being a dirty team, and as such they are going to watched very closely by the NFL officials. Sunday nights game should serve as a wake up call. The offensive pass interference calls were absolute garbage, even the announcers said so. But that is the backdraft of having that reputation. Obviously, if something goes right for the Lions it had to be from them cheating.

Detroit fans wanted a winning football team, and we have that. But that's not enough. Personally, I want a team that can run with the big dogs in their yard or our yard, either one. The Lions simply can't, and it's their own damn fault. At the beginning of the season this team was respected and feared because of the talent they had. Now they are ridiculed and reviled because of the reputation they have. Nobody wants to see the bully win the fight. Guess who the bully is?

December 6th, 2011, 10:18 am
Varsity Captain

i,m not gonna waste time responding to the jirkoff we will see in a few weeks who,s laughing at who.and m2k i want the same thing but did anyone expect higher then 10-6 this season i think not.and i agree they have been beating themselves with stupid immature penalties but thats because there a young immature team.the growing pains will end for this team and it will be scary to see just how good they can be.

December 6th, 2011, 11:41 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

allenslions wrote:
i,m not gonna waste time responding to the jirkoff we will see in a few weeks who,s laughing at who.and m2k i want the same thing but did anyone expect higher then 10-6 this season i think not.and i agree they have been beating themselves with stupid immature penalties but thats because there a young immature team.the growing pains will end for this team and it will be scary to see just how good they can be.

I won't go as far as guaranteeing a playoff berth and like others, I don't think this team is ready to compete with Green Bay and New Orleans (not based on what we've seen recently).

But I agree that the sloppy play recently has much to do with immaturity. The Lions are a young team and they've been in the limelight a lot this year--they are under a microscope and haven't handled stressful situations very well. Yes, they need to grow up to become an elite team but the silver lining is that this immature behavior is linked to youth. If these immature-yet-talented players shape up their act and continue to develop, they could be here for the next decade.

That's a lot of "ifs" but the possibility is exciting.

December 6th, 2011, 11:53 am
RIP Killer

I'm not talking about records, as I mentioned in my post. I'm talking about their ability to overcome adversity and win the tough games. The fact is, they lost to teams they could have beaten. Mental mistakes and stupid penalties need to be overcome for this team to truly contend with the better teams. Beating struggling teams is just a small step towards this team becoming one of relevance in the NFL. Until they learn to cut down on the dumb penalties and personal fouls after the whistle, they will struggle against better teams. Remember, the goal shouldn't simply be to make the playoffs, or even to contend with good teams. It's to beat everyone on your path to becoming Super Bowl Champions. In the past two games, the Lions STINK of stupidity. If they do make the playoffs, they'll embarrass themselves acting like that again.

You can sit there all you want and say "they're a young team". That has nothing to do with any of this. Green Bay is a young team as well. They don't make those mistakes. Pettigrew isn't a rookie. Suh isn't a rookie. Logan isn't a rookie. All of these guys have been playing football for years. At what point was activity after the whistle legal? Being young doesn't automatically equal immaturity. It's a collective mentality that has overtaken the team, or at least some members of it. They looked like punks on Sunday night. But listen to them, and they like to tell you about them being "grown men".

December 6th, 2011, 12:21 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
I'm not talking about records, as I mentioned in my post. I'm talking about their ability to overcome adversity and win the tough games. The fact is, they lost to teams they could have beaten. Mental mistakes and stupid penalties need to be overcome for this team to truly contend with the better teams. Beating struggling teams is just a small step towards this team becoming one of relevance in the NFL. Until they learn to cut down on the dumb penalties and personal fouls after the whistle, they will struggle against better teams. Remember, the goal shouldn't simply be to make the playoffs, or even to contend with good teams. It's to beat everyone on your path to becoming Super Bowl Champions. In the past two games, the Lions STINK of stupidity. If they do make the playoffs, they'll embarrass themselves acting like that again.

You can sit there all you want and say "they're a young team". That has nothing to do with any of this. Green Bay is a young team as well. They don't make those mistakes. Pettigrew isn't a rookie. Suh isn't a rookie. Logan isn't a rookie. All of these guys have been playing football for years. At what point was activity after the whistle legal? Being young doesn't automatically equal immaturity. It's a collective mentality that has overtaken the team, or at least some members of it. They looked like punks on Sunday night. But listen to them, and they like to tell you about them being "grown men".

I completely agree with the part in bold. I'm not suggesting that all young teams make errors like these. I'm saying that the players who are making these errors are indeed young. Whatever attitude is affecting the team is apparently affecting just the young guys. Not rookies, but young nonetheless. Vanden Bosch and Raiola are the fieriest guys on the team and they are not getting caught up in after-the-whistle stuff.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not making an excuse for the young guys. They acted like idiots and need to grow up. I think the original post was simply suggesting that once these guys grow up, they have enough talent to compete with the best teams.

December 6th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

LionFan57 wrote:
1) Given the teams current state of affairs, IF we made the playoffs what do you think any of those teams (Atlanta, Green Bay, San Francisco, Saints, etc) would do to the Lions when we travel to their home turf?

If the Lions make the playoffs, it's most likely that they would play Dallas, San Francisco, or New Orleans on the road. (New Orleans could still finish at 13-3 and San Francisco could lose to Pittsburgh to finish 13-3; not sure which one would get the bye). Green Bay will have a first round bye.

December 6th, 2011, 8:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Growler wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

If the Lions make the playoffs, it's most likely that they would play Dallas, San Francisco, or New Orleans on the road. (New Orleans could still finish at 13-3 and San Francisco could lose to Pittsburgh to finish 13-3; not sure which one would get the bye). Green Bay will have a first round bye.

Man, I would love it if we got another shot at San Fran.

December 6th, 2011, 9:57 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
Now they are ridiculed and reviled because of the reputation they have. Nobody wants to see the bully win the fight. Guess who the bully is?

Actually, I disagree.

Explain the popularity of the Raiders. Lots of people hate the Raiders, but they are still one of the most popular teams in the NFL.

When the Raiders were good, they were bullies. But they were good enough to win regardless of that.

The Lions can get personal fouls--I don't care. But they have to win the game.

If they're going to get penalized 15 yards one down, they have to be good enough to go out on the next down and pickup 20. They aren't there yet. When they are, no one around here will care that they're bullies.

December 6th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Varsity Captain

thelomasbrowns wrote:

If you did, it would be in the NFC Championship game, so you'd have to beat Green Bay @ GB first.

December 6th, 2011, 10:27 pm
Varsity 1st Team

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Growler wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

I would love to get N.O. then San Fran then GB in route to a SB victory.

Poor me another cut of the O-Kool-aid

Frok

December 6th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next