View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 If the Colts get the first pick in 2012 draft.... 

What should the Colts do?
Pick Andrew Luck first overall and release Peyton? 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Pick Andrew Luck first overall and keep Peyton? 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Take Matt Kalil first overall? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Trade down and keep Peyton? 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Other...please explain. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

If the Colts get the first pick in 2012 draft.... 
RIP Killer

Post If the Colts get the first pick in 2012 draft....
If you were the Colts GM, what would you do if you get the first pick overall in the upcoming draft?

Remember, Peyton Manning is due a $28M bonus sometime soon. Do you pay him, renegotiate, cut him outright.....and what do you do with the pick?

December 7th, 2011, 12:58 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: If the Colts get the first pick in 2012 draft....
people are going to criticize the crap out of me for saying so, but I draft Luck and try and get 2 1st round picks for Peyton to build the rest of the obvious crap that is the rest of the team. Peyton has 2-3 years left. if Luck can be as advertised you get anotehr great qb for another 10-15 years.

December 7th, 2011, 1:07 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
people are going to criticize the crap out of me for saying so, but I draft Luck and try and get 2 1st round picks for Peyton to build the rest of the obvious crap that is the rest of the team. Peyton has 2-3 years left. if Luck can be as advertised you get anotehr great qb for another 10-15 years.

not at all. It is time to rebuild in Indy after a great run (although surprising they only won one SB).

I'm not sure of Manning's value right now so I might have him stick around and teach the young fellow a thing or two as his value goes up.

December 7th, 2011, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Draft Luck, release Peyton. With the value of Manning's contract AND the doubts about his health, it is tough to imagine that he has a lot of trade value. As far as drafting Luck...if you don't know who your QB will be in five years and you have a chance to draft someone who can fill that role, you have to pull the trigger. Right now, the Colts can't rely on Manning as their long-term QB; they have to move forward.

December 7th, 2011, 1:34 pm
Team MVP

Id think they would WANT to draft Luck and have him learn under Peyton, but what RegularJoe says makes a lot of sense. Most teams who lose their starting QB still win a few games, but the Colts outright suck, and that means something...it aint JUST their QB. They need a lot of help on that team and a few more draft picks would be pretty intriguing if I was the GM.

Either way, Andrew Luck should definetly be a Colt next April 26.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 7th, 2011, 3:17 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

It feels like a must situation for the Colts to scrap the team anddraft Luck. On top of seeing what they can get for Manning, I'd throw Freeney and Wayne out there and take the best offer for each. Clark would be a borderline decision but he could be a nice safety blanket for a season or two while Luck gets settled in as a NFL QB.

December 7th, 2011, 4:28 pm

sweetd20 wrote:
It feels like a must situation for the Colts to scrap the team anddraft Luck. On top of seeing what they can get for Manning, I'd throw Freeney and Wayne out there and take the best offer for each. Clark would be a borderline decision but he could be a nice safety blanket for a season or two while Luck gets settled in as a NFL QB.

Ya know, I didnt think about that, but trading off freeney aint a bad idea if your doing a total rebuild. you could easily get a 1st and 3rd for him. get 2 more 1sts for peyton and you got a solid start to a rebuild going. assuming you can draft well.

December 7th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Sure, if you are the Colts, you would like to trade Peyton. I voted to release him because I don't think there's any way in China that a team will give up two picks for Manning AND absorb the second-biggest contract in the league.

December 7th, 2011, 5:40 pm

mwill2 wrote:
Sure, if you are the Colts, you would like to trade Peyton. I voted to release him because I don't think there's any way in China that a team will give up two picks for Manning AND absorb the second-biggest contract in the league.

You dont thinkl that a team with a great running attack wouldnt like the (arguably) best qb in the league for a coupe of years to make a SB run? teams like Oakland and Miami? You my friend are crazy! you may not get 2 first...but you'll get at LEAST 1 plus somwething else. a contract can be reworked.

He's the best there is arguably. teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Miami, KC would be retarded to not at least THINK about it.

December 7th, 2011, 5:45 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

You dont thinkl that a team with a great running attack wouldnt like the (arguably) best qb in the league for a coupe of years to make a SB run? teams like Oakland and Miami? You my friend are crazy! you may not get 2 first...but you'll get at LEAST 1 plus somwething else. a contract can be reworked.

He's the best there is arguably. teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Miami, KC would be retarded to not at least THINK about it.

I highly doubt Oakland would. Theyve already spent their high picks on Palmer. I could see KC though. Imagine how happy Dwayne Bowe would be.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 7th, 2011, 8:14 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

I should re-phrase. I don't think any wise GM would make such a move. In that regard, the teams you mentioned could all be players :lol: (although I don't Pioli in KC would make this move).

December 7th, 2011, 9:18 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

I highly doubt Oakland would. Theyve already spent their high picks on Palmer. I could see KC though. Imagine how happy Dwayne Bowe would be.

Oakland won't go for him if the Colts get rid of him. The top 2 teams would have to be Miami or Kansas City, although Miami hasn't been that bad after a god awful start, they looked pretty good the past couple weeks. I find the number 1 team is Kansas City.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 7th, 2011, 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

not at all. It is time to rebuild in Indy after a great run (although surprising they only won one SB).

I'm not sure of Manning's value right now so I might have him stick around and teach the young fellow a thing or two as his value goes up.

I was going to say the same thing Pablo said.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 8th, 2011, 9:12 am
RIP Killer

The idea that a team would give up two first round picks for Peyton Manning is insane. Why would any team do that for a guy who may not play again? And if he does, he's only two or three years away from retirement.

I think a team might offer a second rounder, maybe throw in a later round with that. But you have to remember, Manning was successful in Indy because of how well he knew the offense there. If he goes to another team, they aren't automatically going to put in the offense he's accustomed to.

And a first and third rounder for Freeney?! Please.....he's no longer in his prime, and he's injury prone now, and not the player he once was. If the Lions gave up anything more than a fifth rounder for him, I'd be pissed.

Indy needs to take the next step in their evolution. Draft Luck, get rid of Peyton in any way possible. Manning isn't going to help develop Luck. Favre wouldn't do it in Green Bay. Rodgers watched, but Favre didn't take an active role with him. Manning won't either. The Colts should just start from scratch and get the huge money they are paying Manning off their books.

December 8th, 2011, 10:16 am
Player of the Year - Defense

They'll keep both. And its not so much about Manning teaching Luck as Luck watching and learning from Manning. The biggest issue is always about the money, and because of the rookie scale, it won't be tough to absorb.

December 8th, 2011, 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next