View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Lions' problems can be traced to their leader 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Lions' problems can be traced to their leader
jcmessing wrote:
FOR THE RECORD, THE 49ers ARE OVER-RATED AND WILL NOT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME, MARK IT DOWN.

They'll probably play the Saints first, and that's a win for the 49ers. I didn't think so at first, but the Saints are 3-3 on the road, with losses to the Rams and Bucs, and 2 near-losses to the Falcons and Panthers. A horrid road team, that will have to play an away game against a team with a great defense. The last time the Saints played an away game in the playoffs was against another West Coast team, the 7-9 Seahawks last year, where they lost handily.

I even think we could beat the Packers in Green Bay. (Could, not Would).

The one team I'm scared about is the Giants. IMO, they would be TOUGH in the playoffs. Great D-line play, great secondary, and a really productive offence that can run the ball. That's a good team, and one i would not want to face.

PS - I knew I would be made fun of for what I said. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Schwartz is fired, so we can see if the comments become more like mine or not.

December 10th, 2011, 7:52 pm
RIP Killer

You lost any remaining credibility when you said the giants have a great secondary.

Have you watched a NYG game at all this year?

December 10th, 2011, 8:25 pm
Pop Warner Vet

49ers wrote:
They'll probably play the Saints first, and that's a win for the 49ers. I didn't think so at first, but the Saints are 3-3 on the road, with losses to the Rams and Bucs, and 2 near-losses to the Falcons and Panthers. A horrid road team, that will have to play an away game against a team with a great defense. The last time the Saints played an away game in the playoffs was against another West Coast team, the 7-9 Seahawks last year, where they lost handily.

As a niner's fan you better pray that the Saint's don't come in there first, because they will run up and down the field in San Fran just as easily as the Packers, and definitely as easily as the Giants. You want to play any team without an offense that will expose the Niners offense when they are forced to go tit for tat. When they are down by 20 in the first half the niners will be forced to face the fact that they are a bubble team (See: Atlanta Falcons, 2010) that has a lot to prove before they can hang with the likes of the top tier in the NFL. We've seen this before with teams, and one bad playoff game certainly doesn't mean the Saints aren't potent, they've proven they can win in the playoffs.

And now, back to the Lions.

December 10th, 2011, 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

conversion02 wrote:
You lost any remaining credibility when you said the giants have a great secondary.

You're right, it's not a great secondary. I'm shocked I even wrote it. I have no idea why I did. Meh.

December 11th, 2011, 10:44 am
Varsity Captain

jcmessing wrote:
As a niner's fan you better pray that the Saint's don't come in there first, because they will run up and down the field in San Fran just as easily as the Packers, and definitely as easily as the Giants. You want to play any team without an offense that will expose the Niners offense when they are forced to go tit for tat. When they are down by 20 in the first half the niners will be forced to face the fact that they are a bubble team (See: Atlanta Falcons, 2010) that has a lot to prove before they can hang with the likes of the top tier in the NFL. We've seen this before with teams, and one bad playoff game certainly doesn't mean the Saints aren't potent, they've proven they can win in the playoffs.

No. I know my team better than you. Our offense is better than you realize. I want the Saints.

December 11th, 2011, 10:44 am
Veteran General Manager

49ers wrote:
jcmessing wrote:

No. I know my team better than you. Our offense is better than you realize. I want the Saints.

And yet you think you know our team better than we do because we are too close to the situation.

December 11th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Varsity Captain

BillySims wrote:
And yet you think you know our team better than we do because we are too close to the situation.

No that's not true. I'm only saying what I see about the coach, not the skill of the team. Skillwise, I know nothing about the Lions compared to you guys.

December 11th, 2011, 4:04 pm
Pop Warner Vet

49ers wrote:

In that case I hope you get what you want. That way we can find out who knows what. Although I haven't seen the niners offense in action much, I know the NFL, and I know when a bubble team is getting way too much credit for being good when they haven't done a thing to prove it. I also know when a hometown fan is convinced his team is better than it really is.... which I am diagnosing as the case here.

December 11th, 2011, 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Playing in a division where every team is trash tends to help. Even our 2-10 Vikings are a solid team and have lost 7/10 times by 7 or less points

December 11th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:

lol, they'd kill for CC Brown now

December 11th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Varsity Captain

conversion02 wrote:
Playing in a division where every team is trash tends to help

Up to this point, only 2 of our 10 wins account for our division. So your division comment = worthless.

jcmessing wrote:
49ers wrote:
In that case I hope you get what you want. That way we can find out who knows what. Although I haven't seen the niners offense in action much, I know the NFL, and I know when a bubble team is getting way too much credit for being good when they haven't done a thing to prove it. I also know when a hometown fan is convinced his team is better than it really is.... which I am diagnosing as the case here.

Blah blah blah. The Saints BARELY beat the Texans today if you didn't see that. Like I said, the Saints are a HORRID road team. They now have a 4-3 record, with 3 of those wins that could have easily gone either way.

Saints @ SF. I'll be VERY happy with that.

December 11th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Varsity Captain

That is... if the Saints can beat you guys. You could be the #6 seed at this point, and a Lions upset over the Saints isn't far fetched.

December 11th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Veteran General Manager

49ers wrote:
That is... if the Saints can beat you guys. You could be the #6 seed at this point, and a Lions upset over the Saints isn't far fetched.

You don't keep up much do you? The Saints beat us 1 week ago.

December 11th, 2011, 6:56 pm
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Up to this point, only 2 of our 10 wins account for our division.

The sad part is you don't either know who's in your division or who your team played.

Seattle 33-17 week 1
Arizona 23-7 week 11
STL 26-0 week 13
Arizona ? Week 14

December 11th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:
49ers wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Up to this point, only 2 of our 10 wins account for our division.

The sad part is you don't either know who's in your division or who your team played.

Seattle 33-17 week 1
Arizona 23-7 week 11
STL 26-0 week 13
Arizona ? Week 14

I'd chalk that up to an honest mistake, but I would laugh if Arizona ended up beating them. Not because they are a decent team but because how much the poster 49ers has the 49ers the team up on this pedestal.

December 11th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next