View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Bears WR busted by Homeland Security 
RIP Killer

Post Bears WR busted by Homeland Security
He helps put "da" in Da Bears...wow!

Yahoo wrote:
Apparently, Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd's close personal proximity to Tim Tebow last Sunday in the Bears' overtime loss to the Denver Broncos did nothing to clean up Hurd's act. As reported by many sources, but perhaps the most up-to-date fashion by Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Hurd was busted on Wednesady by undercover Homeland Security agents after attempting to set up regular purchases of marijuana and cocaine to expand a drug sale system that he already had going.

The Bears organization released a brief statement Thursday morning: "We are aware of Sam's arrest and are continuing to gather details. We are disappointed whenever these circumstances arise." The former Dallas Cowboys receiver signed a three-year, $5.1 million contract with the Bears on July 29.

When asked by Chicago media on Thursday afternoon, Bears receiver Roy Williams said, "It's a choice he made, and there are consequences with choices that you make."

According to Jensen's reports, Hurd met with an undercover Homeland Security agent on Wednesday and attempted to set up a system by which he would purchase 5-10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week to distribute in Chicago. Here's the real kicker — according to the complaint, Hurd said that he was already distributing four kilos of cocaine per week in the greater Chicago area with a co-conspirator, but that this amount wasn't enough.

The agent in question believes that Hurd has 21 possible violations of federal statute in a timeline that goes from July of this year through last night. The complaint, which can be seen at the Dallas Morning News' website relates the agent's statement that Hurd was willing to pay $25,000 per kilogram of cocaine and $450 per pound of marijuana. The statement also says that when Hurd's co-conspirator (identified as "T.L.") met with the agent on July 27, he had a bag in his vehicle that contained $88,000 in cash.

The money was in a white bag that was "covered in a green, leafy, plant-like material that field-tested positive for the properties of marijuana." The agent related in the complaint that Hurd's co-conspirator said the money belonged to Hurd, and that Hurd frequently left large amounts of money in his vehicle. Hurd later confirmed to the agent by telephone that the money was his.

"T.L." bought five kilos of cocaine from the agent on August 14, apparently on Hurd's behalf. And that transaction trips off a series of interactions that border on the surreal. According to the statement, the first face-to-face meeting between Hurd and the agent happened on December 14. It was then that Hurd said that "T.L." was in charge of the majority of the deals, and that Hurd focused on the "high-end" deals.

Hurd then asked the agent if Mexican cellular phones could be provided for future deals, as Hurd believed that "law enforcement did not have the capacity of 'listening to' Mexican telephones. Hurd then said that he was a member of the Chicago Bears, that his practice ended at 5:30 p.m., and that he could make arrangements to make payment for one kilogram of cocaine that the agent gave him upon completion of negotiations. When Hurd walked away with the coke, he was taken into custody.

December 15th, 2011, 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Bears WR busted by Homeland Security
What an idiot.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 16th, 2011, 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Let's hope this is the final nail in the coffin for the Bears' season.

December 16th, 2011, 9:42 am

That is just absurd.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 16th, 2011, 10:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

He gave up his clients. There is a list in the double digits of current NFL players that he sold to. I hope that no Lions are on that list.

December 16th, 2011, 4:06 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
He gave up his clients. There is a list in the double digits of current NFL players that he sold to. I hope that no Lions are on that list.

oh damn this is going to get HUGE if thats the case! the starcaps thing will be nothing in comparison.

December 16th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

oh damn this is going to get HUGE if thats the case! the starcaps thing will be nothing in comparison.

I guess he has been dealing since he entered the NFL with the Cowboys. What's the over/under on the number of Cowboys on that list?

December 16th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Now thats a dirty player

December 16th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just thought I should add that Da Bears promptly cut him too.

December 19th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Hurd plans to fight drug charges aggressively
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2012, 9:40 PM EST

Next week, former Cowboys and Bears receiver Sam Hurd will be arraigned on federal drug charges. Not surprisingly, he’ll plead not guilty.

Hurd’s lawyer recently told Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News that Hurd plans to advance several theories in support of his innocence.

“We look forward to commencing litigation,” attorney David Kenner told Orsborn. “We look forward to presenting a vigorous defense.”

Hurd allegedly received, with intent to sell, a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover agent and a confidential informant in December 2011. He allegedly claimed that he already had been selling four kilograms of cocaine per week, a charge that has not been otherwise substantiated via media reports.

The Bears cut ties with Hurd not long after his arrest. He was formally indicted earlier this month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ressively/

January 19th, 2012, 11:22 am

alright..cokes not really my thing....whats the estimated street value of a kilo of coke? how much are we talking about here? enough to enjoy a night? throw a party? throw a party at Heff's house? im clueless.

January 20th, 2012, 5:58 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
alright..cokes not really my thing....whats the estimated street value of a kilo of coke? how much are we talking about here? enough to enjoy a night? throw a party? throw a party at Heff's house? im clueless.

Cocaine, its a helluva drug! :paranoid:

As for the value,
Quote:
When cocaine comes into the United States, it could be sold at a pure-gram price of about $20 per gram. A 100-kilogram unit contains 100,000 pure grams—thus its costs (to the drug trafficker) could represent $2 million.
In 2001 a gram of cocaine could sell on the streets directly to cocaine users for about $100.
One gram equals 1,000 milligrams. Of these 1,000 milligrams of cocaine sold on the streets, about 250 milligrams are "filler" substances. In other words, only 750 milligrams are actually pure cocaine.
The price of a true "pure gram" of cocaine—1,000 milligrams of pure cocaine with no filler added—would be $133.
100 kilograms of cocaine, then, has a street value of $133 times100,000 grams. In other words, the street value of 100 kilo- grams of cocaine equals $13.3 million, more than six times as much as its initial cost ($2 million).

http://www.bookrags.com/research/street-value-dat-03/

So, if my quick, public school math is correct ~$1Million

January 20th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Thanks Wags.....wow. Dude is in serious trouble. I bet he rolls over on someone else to make a deal.

And for the record...I did not put my muddy feet all over Charlie Murphy's couch. :wink: :lol: :lol:

January 21st, 2012, 1:18 pm
Afghan Allstar

Math was way off. If one gram of coke=$133, there are 1000 grams in a Kilogram. Making a Kilogram of coke worth $133,000. That's just going by the article posted. I have no idea what the true street value is.

January 22nd, 2012, 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]