View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 3:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Stafford 
Author Message
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 800
Post Re: Stafford
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
League Ranks:

Passing Yards = 5th
Comp % = 7th
TDs = 4th
40+ yard passes = 2nd
QB Rating = 7th

The completion % is the most surprising to me. Imagine if he didn't need to wear that glove for a quarter of the season.


Legitimate Top 10 QB. Arguably a Top 5 QB.

Brady
Brees
Rogers
Fill in Blank - Rivers?
Stafford

That's some big time company.


Are we talking about just this year. I would put both Mannings, Schaub and Roethlisburger ahead of Stafford. Maybe not the proper statistical rankings but it's my personal feeling on the manner. It still puts Stafford as the 9th to 12th best QB in the league today and on or near the same level as Vick, Ryan and Cutler.


December 20th, 2011, 12:53 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post 
I really can't say Stafford isn't a top 5 QB among active QB's. His injuries the first two season's were really a blessing in disguise. He is only 23 now, he needed the time to sit and learn.

Now, At age 23 with under 30 games under his belt, he is leading all other Lions QB's ever in several categories. Including the all important TD category. He engineered several comebacks in those first 30 games that are only a prelude of things to come.

I think the fact is he is a newbie. He is a better QB than he get's credit for. Time will tell where he ranks among the greats. I find it difficult to believe though, that he is flying so low under the radar. Either way, After he has completed his first 30 games, maybe someone will put together a comparison between Stafford and ......... Brady, Manning's, Elway, Brees, Rodger's, Marino, etc.

I think the best part of Staffords season and breaking all the Lions records comes without anyone resembling Barry Sander's in the backfield.

He doesn't have to win the superbowl this year to win me over, Beating SanFran would be just as good. Though I wouldn't complain if the Lions did.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


December 20th, 2011, 1:52 am
Profile WWW
All State
User avatar

Joined: January 17th, 2006, 10:53 am
Posts: 345
Location: Detroit
Post Re: Stafford
Thats my Quarterback ..


December 20th, 2011, 10:50 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2372
Post Re: Stafford
Cutler deserves a lot of credit too. Look at what that team is without him. The NFC North quarterbacks all have to stand in Rodgers' shadow, I'm afraid.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


December 20th, 2011, 11:06 am
Profile
Pop Warner Vet

Joined: March 11th, 2010, 4:39 pm
Posts: 127
Post Re: Stafford
Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..

+1

Cutler has Forte too though (just to lump it along with the Eli comparisons). I think what is most surprising is our ability to be where we are at right now without any kind of run game. Imagine what will happen if the Leshoure/Best tandem works out and we strengthen our O-line! Me thinks I'll get to shove all that "poor Lions fan" BS back in everyone's face!

_________________
Slow is smooth, smooth is steady, steady is fast!


December 20th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3394
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Stafford
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..

+1

Cutler has Forte too though (just to lump it along with the Eli comparisons). I think what is most surprising is our ability to be where we are at right now without any kind of run game. Imagine what will happen if the Leshoure/Best tandem works out and we strengthen our O-line! Me thinks I'll get to shove all that "poor Lions fan" BS back in everyone's face!



Though I agree with you, thats the bad part of the fans voting is they wont look at it that way. Theyll vote Eli or Alex Smith or Romo because of their team or theyre fans of them. If they ACTUALLY looked at the QB statistics and what they have working around them, it should be obvious that Stafford is well deserving of a Pro Bowl spot.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 20th, 2011, 5:47 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7544
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Stafford
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Cutler deserves a lot of credit too. Look at what that team is without him. The NFC North quarterbacks all have to stand in Rodgers' shadow, I'm afraid.


For the moment.


December 20th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7544
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Stafford
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
League Ranks:

Passing Yards = 5th
Comp % = 7th
TDs = 4th
40+ yard passes = 2nd
QB Rating = 7th

The completion % is the most surprising to me. Imagine if he didn't need to wear that glove for a quarter of the season.


Legitimate Top 10 QB. Arguably a Top 5 QB.

Brady
Brees
Rogers
Fill in Blank - Rivers?
Stafford

That's some big time company.


Are we talking about just this year. I would put both Mannings, Schaub and Roethlisburger ahead of Stafford. Maybe not the proper statistical rankings but it's my personal feeling on the manner. It still puts Stafford as the 9th to 12th best QB in the league today and on or near the same level as Vick, Ryan and Cutler.


Well. We really only have this year to go on.


December 20th, 2011, 9:47 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7544
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re:
Ferris wrote:
I really can't say Stafford isn't a top 5 QB among active QB's. His injuries the first two season's were really a blessing in disguise. He is only 23 now, he needed the time to sit and learn.

Now, At age 23 with under 30 games under his belt, he is leading all other Lions QB's ever in several categories. Including the all important TD category. He engineered several comebacks in those first 30 games that are only a prelude of things to come.

I think the fact is he is a newbie. He is a better QB than he get's credit for. Time will tell where he ranks among the greats. I find it difficult to believe though, that he is flying so low under the radar. Either way, After he has completed his first 30 games, maybe someone will put together a comparison between Stafford and ......... Brady, Manning's, Elway, Brees, Rodger's, Marino, etc.

I think the best part of Staffords season and breaking all the Lions records comes without anyone resembling Barry Sander's in the backfield.

He doesn't have to win the superbowl this year to win me over, Beating SanFran would be just as good. Though I wouldn't complain if the Lions did.


Stafford was on Sirius/XM NFL Radio today. After his interview was over, Pat Kirwan mention how he fully expects Stafford to beat Brees' Passing record, that he will set this year when he passes Marino, within the next couple years. This is because of the weapons we have around Stafford. Calvin being just one of them.

Look past the problems of this season. If we can fix our O-line in the next couple of years, we could have the best Offense in the History of the NFL.

Brees has average RB's and a bunch of very average WR's.
Brady has average RB's and a bunch of average WR's
P. Manning has a team that barely has won 1 game without him.
Rivers has a Really good RB and 1 great WR and a great TE. But, he can't get himself going for a full season. He either starts slow and then gets it together at mid season or he starts out quick and then bogs down.

We have 2 potentially really good RB's. 1 Great WR and 1 really good #2 WR. 2 really good TE's.
We just need the O-line to come up to top notch status. And away we go to the Super Bowl. OK, so I'm getting ahead of myself. LOL.


December 20th, 2011, 10:01 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Stafford
So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 20th, 2011, 10:59 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Re: Stafford
Killwill25 wrote:
So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...


in O9 Brian Hoyer...Brady's Replacement :wink:

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


December 21st, 2011, 3:51 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3394
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Stafford
Killwill25 wrote:
So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...



We know the answer to that, just dont ask ESPN. You know they drool over Mark Sanchez.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 21st, 2011, 4:32 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Re: Stafford
Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..


hey...hes still available to pick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
](*,)

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


December 21st, 2011, 4:53 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9545
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Stafford
Killwill25 wrote:
So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...


Well,

in 2009 it was Mark Sanchez
in 2010 it was Josh Freeman
in 2011 it was Matt Stafford

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


December 21st, 2011, 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Stafford
Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...


Well,

in 2009 it was Mark Sanchez
in 2010 it was Josh Freeman
in 2011 it was Matt Stafford

nicely played

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 21st, 2011, 6:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.