View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Stafford 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Stafford
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
League Ranks:

Passing Yards = 5th
Comp % = 7th
TDs = 4th
40+ yard passes = 2nd
QB Rating = 7th

The completion % is the most surprising to me. Imagine if he didn't need to wear that glove for a quarter of the season.

Legitimate Top 10 QB. Arguably a Top 5 QB.

Brady
Brees
Rogers
Fill in Blank - Rivers?
Stafford

That's some big time company.

Are we talking about just this year. I would put both Mannings, Schaub and Roethlisburger ahead of Stafford. Maybe not the proper statistical rankings but it's my personal feeling on the manner. It still puts Stafford as the 9th to 12th best QB in the league today and on or near the same level as Vick, Ryan and Cutler.

December 20th, 2011, 12:53 am
Pro Bowl Player

I really can't say Stafford isn't a top 5 QB among active QB's. His injuries the first two season's were really a blessing in disguise. He is only 23 now, he needed the time to sit and learn.

Now, At age 23 with under 30 games under his belt, he is leading all other Lions QB's ever in several categories. Including the all important TD category. He engineered several comebacks in those first 30 games that are only a prelude of things to come.

I think the fact is he is a newbie. He is a better QB than he get's credit for. Time will tell where he ranks among the greats. I find it difficult to believe though, that he is flying so low under the radar. Either way, After he has completed his first 30 games, maybe someone will put together a comparison between Stafford and ......... Brady, Manning's, Elway, Brees, Rodger's, Marino, etc.

I think the best part of Staffords season and breaking all the Lions records comes without anyone resembling Barry Sander's in the backfield.

He doesn't have to win the superbowl this year to win me over, Beating SanFran would be just as good. Though I wouldn't complain if the Lions did.

December 20th, 2011, 1:52 am
Profile WWW
All State

Thats my Quarterback ..

December 20th, 2011, 10:50 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Cutler deserves a lot of credit too. Look at what that team is without him. The NFC North quarterbacks all have to stand in Rodgers' shadow, I'm afraid.

December 20th, 2011, 11:06 am
Pop Warner Vet

Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..

+1

Cutler has Forte too though (just to lump it along with the Eli comparisons). I think what is most surprising is our ability to be where we are at right now without any kind of run game. Imagine what will happen if the Leshoure/Best tandem works out and we strengthen our O-line! Me thinks I'll get to shove all that "poor Lions fan" BS back in everyone's face!

December 20th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Team MVP

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..

+1

Cutler has Forte too though (just to lump it along with the Eli comparisons). I think what is most surprising is our ability to be where we are at right now without any kind of run game. Imagine what will happen if the Leshoure/Best tandem works out and we strengthen our O-line! Me thinks I'll get to shove all that "poor Lions fan" BS back in everyone's face!

Though I agree with you, thats the bad part of the fans voting is they wont look at it that way. Theyll vote Eli or Alex Smith or Romo because of their team or theyre fans of them. If they ACTUALLY looked at the QB statistics and what they have working around them, it should be obvious that Stafford is well deserving of a Pro Bowl spot.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 20th, 2011, 5:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Cutler deserves a lot of credit too. Look at what that team is without him. The NFC North quarterbacks all have to stand in Rodgers' shadow, I'm afraid.

For the moment.

December 20th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
League Ranks:

Passing Yards = 5th
Comp % = 7th
TDs = 4th
40+ yard passes = 2nd
QB Rating = 7th

The completion % is the most surprising to me. Imagine if he didn't need to wear that glove for a quarter of the season.

Legitimate Top 10 QB. Arguably a Top 5 QB.

Brady
Brees
Rogers
Fill in Blank - Rivers?
Stafford

That's some big time company.

Are we talking about just this year. I would put both Mannings, Schaub and Roethlisburger ahead of Stafford. Maybe not the proper statistical rankings but it's my personal feeling on the manner. It still puts Stafford as the 9th to 12th best QB in the league today and on or near the same level as Vick, Ryan and Cutler.

Well. We really only have this year to go on.

December 20th, 2011, 9:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re:
Ferris wrote:
I really can't say Stafford isn't a top 5 QB among active QB's. His injuries the first two season's were really a blessing in disguise. He is only 23 now, he needed the time to sit and learn.

Now, At age 23 with under 30 games under his belt, he is leading all other Lions QB's ever in several categories. Including the all important TD category. He engineered several comebacks in those first 30 games that are only a prelude of things to come.

I think the fact is he is a newbie. He is a better QB than he get's credit for. Time will tell where he ranks among the greats. I find it difficult to believe though, that he is flying so low under the radar. Either way, After he has completed his first 30 games, maybe someone will put together a comparison between Stafford and ......... Brady, Manning's, Elway, Brees, Rodger's, Marino, etc.

I think the best part of Staffords season and breaking all the Lions records comes without anyone resembling Barry Sander's in the backfield.

He doesn't have to win the superbowl this year to win me over, Beating SanFran would be just as good. Though I wouldn't complain if the Lions did.

Stafford was on Sirius/XM NFL Radio today. After his interview was over, Pat Kirwan mention how he fully expects Stafford to beat Brees' Passing record, that he will set this year when he passes Marino, within the next couple years. This is because of the weapons we have around Stafford. Calvin being just one of them.

Look past the problems of this season. If we can fix our O-line in the next couple of years, we could have the best Offense in the History of the NFL.

Brees has average RB's and a bunch of very average WR's.
Brady has average RB's and a bunch of average WR's
P. Manning has a team that barely has won 1 game without him.
Rivers has a Really good RB and 1 great WR and a great TE. But, he can't get himself going for a full season. He either starts slow and then gets it together at mid season or he starts out quick and then bogs down.

We have 2 potentially really good RB's. 1 Great WR and 1 really good #2 WR. 2 really good TE's.
We just need the O-line to come up to top notch status. And away we go to the Super Bowl. OK, so I'm getting ahead of myself. LOL.

December 20th, 2011, 10:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

So who was the best QB chosen in the 09 class again?...

December 20th, 2011, 10:59 pm
Stadium Announcer

Killwill25 wrote:

in O9 Brian Hoyer...Brady's Replacement :wink:

December 21st, 2011, 3:51 am
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:

We know the answer to that, just dont ask ESPN. You know they drool over Mark Sanchez.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 21st, 2011, 4:32 pm
Stadium Announcer

Detroit_LIons wrote:
Thats my Quarterback ..

hey...hes still available to pick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
](*,)

December 21st, 2011, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:

Well,

in 2009 it was Mark Sanchez
in 2010 it was Josh Freeman
in 2011 it was Matt Stafford

December 21st, 2011, 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Well,

in 2009 it was Mark Sanchez
in 2010 it was Josh Freeman
in 2011 it was Matt Stafford

nicely played

December 21st, 2011, 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next