View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 9:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Burleson/Young 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3379
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Shoot, if Titus becomes our #2, Im more than happy with Nate as our #3.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 19th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2345
Post Re: Burleson/Young
It's kinda pointless to bump this thread after Nate had one of his better games.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 19th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2289
Post Re: Burleson/Young
thelomasbrowns wrote:
It's kinda pointless to bump this thread after Nate had one of his better games.


I Disagree. Nate has been around awhile, and is not going to get better with age. I dont think you dump him but planning for him to be a #3 Slot/Possession guy a la Donald Driver and moving Titus up to our 2nd Receiver makes a whole lotta sense moving forward.


December 20th, 2011, 3:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Burleson/Young
DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
It's kinda pointless to bump this thread after Nate had one of his better games.


I Disagree. Nate has been around awhile, and is not going to get better with age. I dont think you dump him but planning for him to be a #3 Slot/Possession guy a la Donald Driver and moving Titus up to our 2nd Receiver makes a whole lotta sense moving forward.


Yes, it does.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


December 21st, 2011, 9:19 am
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: Burleson/Young
I think the discussion is a little ridiculous considering how much the ball is spread around to all of our receivers. Obviously, CJ is the #1 option, but in Linehan's offense there is no traditional #2 or #3 receivers. You might even be able to argue that Pettigrew could be argued as the #2. Basically what I'm saying is that where Young and Burleson line up isn't going to matter. We use 3 WR sets so often that while you could invest a draft pick or FA pick up in another WR, Burleson isn't a bad receiver, nor is he a bad locker room guy. We gave him a big contract, and he's earning it in other ways than just in his statistics.

_________________
Forward down the field!


December 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Calvin Johnson 81 1,335 16.5 73 14
Brandon Pett. 67 581 8.7 27 4
Nate Burleson 61 629 10.3 47 3
Titus Young 40 544 13.6 57 4
Jahvid Best 27 287 10.6 60 1
Maurice Morris 25 220 8.8 16 1
Tony Scheffler 19 235 12.4 36 5
Kevin Smith 16 141 8.8 28 1
Keiland Williams 8 62 7.8 12 0
Will Heller 6 42 7.0 12 0
Rashied Davis 4 63 15.8 22 0
Aaron Brown 1 9 9.0 9 0
Jerome Harrison 1 3 3.0 3 0
Stefan Logan 1 19 19.0 19 0
Maurice Stovall 1 8 8.0 8 0

Pretty obvious the team is Johnson, Pett., Burleson and Young. 2,3,4 only depends on who the defense is playing off.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


December 21st, 2011, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Ferris wrote:
Calvin Johnson 81 1,335 16.5 73 14
Brandon Pett. 67 581 8.7 27 4
Nate Burleson 61 629 10.3 47 3
Titus Young 40 544 13.6 57 4
Jahvid Best 27 287 10.6 60 1
Maurice Morris 25 220 8.8 16 1
Tony Scheffler 19 235 12.4 36 5
Kevin Smith 16 141 8.8 28 1
Keiland Williams 8 62 7.8 12 0
Will Heller 6 42 7.0 12 0
Rashied Davis 4 63 15.8 22 0
Aaron Brown 1 9 9.0 9 0
Jerome Harrison 1 3 3.0 3 0
Stefan Logan 1 19 19.0 19 0
Maurice Stovall 1 8 8.0 8 0

Pretty obvious the team is Johnson, Pett., Burleson and Young. 2,3,4 only depends on who the defense is playing off.


Agree

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


December 21st, 2011, 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Good post Ferris. Proves that Stafford spreads it around enough where titles aren't all that important.

_________________
Forward down the field!


December 21st, 2011, 2:21 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Johnson obvious #1, Titus will fill into that #2 role at some point, burleson till they cant afford him anymore #3, then you got Brandon for your other height reciever at tight end. I dont think they need to get bigger, if brandon could learn how to stop dropping passes that hit him in the hands he'd be fine.

btw just thinking about it couple of years ago when the lions sat Mike Williams bc he was to heavy to be a WR, I always thought we shoulda kept him and turned him into a tight end...coulda ended up one of the best im just saying. The lineup at that time coulda been.

#1 Calvin Johnson
#2 Roy Williams
#3 Mike Furry

TE Mike Williams

Sounded good to me at the time, lol.

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


December 21st, 2011, 2:44 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3873
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Burleson/Young
whatever happen to Stovall?? Dude looked GREAT in pre season.....havn't heard a peep since from him.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


December 21st, 2011, 7:01 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Burleson/Young
regularjoe12 wrote:
whatever happen to Stovall?? Dude looked GREAT in pre season.....havn't heard a peep since from him.

He played a little bit. He's a backup, so he's not going to play all that much. He may have looked good in preseason, but that was against backups and vanilla defenses.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


December 21st, 2011, 7:18 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Burleson/Young
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
whatever happen to Stovall?? Dude looked GREAT in pre season.....havn't heard a peep since from him.

He played a little bit. He's a backup, so he's not going to play all that much. He may have looked good in preseason, but that was against backups and vanilla defenses.


That is true.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


December 21st, 2011, 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Burleson/Young
From the sounds of it Burleson is really enjoying his time with the Lions, and even after the game Sunday, made a point to come over and yell, Best Receiver in Football, speaking of CJ, while on Television. Sounds like a very solid group.

Also, NFL Turning Point did a REALLY good break down of the Lions come from behind win Sunday. Saw it last night!

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


December 22nd, 2011, 12:06 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Burleson/Young
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Also, NFL Turning Point did a REALLY good break down of the Lions come from behind win Sunday. Saw it last night!


Is there a video on it?

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


December 22nd, 2011, 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust
User avatar

Joined: December 30th, 2005, 6:55 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Connecticut
Post Re: Burleson/Young
slybri19 wrote:
I think Titus Young will take over Burleson's role as the #2 WR in a year or two, but I certainly wouldn't get rid of Nate until Titus proves he is up to the challenge. Besides, as Pablo just said, who do they have to replace Young as the #3?


The Lions need to re-sign a bunch of players that are not going to be cheap. IMO Burleson's salary may be the deciding factor on whether he's a Lion next year.

_________________
Rebuilding since 1957.


December 22nd, 2011, 1:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.