View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Compete for #5 seed and Dallas/NYG or rest players? 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Compete for #5 seed and Dallas/NYG or rest players?
mactank wrote:
yostevo wrote:
One of the last demon's to slay is beating the streak on the road vs. the Packers. Schwartz understands that this team needs to experience as much success as it can if they want to go far in the playoffs. Getting a win at Lambeau is big IMO. If players get dinged up, then sit them down immediately but play to win.

I agree Yos, but the biggest thing IMO is that they win, get the 5th seed, and play either Dallas or NY. I would rather face either one than possibly New Orleans at the Super Dome for the first game of the playoffs. Get the first game jitters out of the way, then go after the big boys.

+1 I think your point is really important for this year. My point is important for next year and going forward.

December 27th, 2011, 4:14 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

You've got to play to win. If Delmas and Berry aren't ready to play, i'd imagine that they would let them heal up another week before the playoffs. I don't think that Rodgers will play the whole game, and the fact that the Lions haven't won there in 20 years is that last vestige of the "same old Lions" mentality that this team can exorcise.

What I think they'll do is not rush anyone back on Sunday, but keep their momentum after a giant win last week. Go Lions!

December 27th, 2011, 4:39 pm
Team MVP

frok wrote:
Always play to win.

This

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 27th, 2011, 4:41 pm
RIP Killer

Play to win and hope the Cowgirls win so I can see my second Lions victory at Jerrry's World this year!

December 27th, 2011, 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I could swallow a lose in Lambeau in week 17, and then a W in the NFC championship \:D/

December 27th, 2011, 10:35 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

mactank wrote:
I agree Yos, but the biggest thing IMO is that they win, get the 5th seed, and play either Dallas or NY. I would rather face either one than possibly New Orleans at the Super Dome for the first game of the playoffs. Get the first game jitters out of the way, then go after the big boys.

Not only that, but I would imagine that the winner of the Dallas-Giants game might be a little exhausted or have relatively more injuries than New Orleans since both teams should be going all out in that game, which is essentially a pre-wild card round playoff game.

December 27th, 2011, 11:12 pm
Position Coach

jedi~outcast wrote:
I could swallow a lose in Lambeau in week 17, and then a W in the NFC championship \:D/

pretty much. I see this game as a win win because it's the best possible conditions to prepare us for the playoffs, win or lose as long as we get out of there healthy.

December 27th, 2011, 11:36 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Pablo wrote:
Play to win and hope the Cowgirls win so I can see my second Lions victory at Jerrry's World this year!

While I wouldn't mind another win against Tony Homo and the Cowgirls, Going to New York and outplaying the big time pro bowler Eli Manning would be a nice slap to the face as well.

Either way, Let's make some noise in the playoff's , Go Lions!

P.S. Isn't it weird that all the negative poster's have been so quiet lately? I don't think they know how to take the success :finger:

December 28th, 2011, 1:36 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Ferris wrote:
Pablo wrote:

P.S. Isn't it weird that all the negative poster's have been so quiet lately? I don't think they know how to take the success :finger:

Sorry cheerleader. A win is a win, but barely being able to stop teams full of joe webbs sure doesn't bode well when matching up against the brees and Rodgers of the league. A win is a win though, but the kitties have lost to the good teams they've played (GB, SF, NO, and atl). Losses to 4 of the 5 playoff teams and the other was a gift by the choke artist room.

I'm not bitching about winning, of course not. Nobody's here to rain on the playoff parade, but you've got to be pretty stupid not to realize that the kitties have lost to the good teams they've played (GB, SF, NO, and atl), which just so happens to be who we'll see in the playoffs most likely.

December 28th, 2011, 1:53 am
Pro Bowl Player

conversion02 wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Sorry cheerleader. A win is a win, but barely being able to stop teams full of joe webbs sure doesn't bode well when matching up against the brees and Rodgers of the league. A win is a win though, but the kitties have lost to the good teams they've played (GB, SF, NO, and atl). Losses to 4 of the 5 playoff teams and the other was a gift by the choke artist room.

I'm not bitching about winning, of course not. Nobody's here to rain on the playoff parade, but you've got to be pretty stupid not to realize that the kitties have lost to the good teams they've played (GB, SF, NO, and atl), which just so happens to be who we'll see in the playoffs most likely.

I didn't name names. funny you were the first to claim the Mr. Negative award though. lol

December 28th, 2011, 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Killwill25 wrote:
I'm all for winning twice at Lambaeu.
:cheers:

Agreed!

December 28th, 2011, 9:10 am
RIP Killer

Ferris wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I didn't name names. funny you were the first to claim the Mr. Negative award though. lol

I'm just stating facts, I'm not claiming anything you clown. You're the one who's been pissy at anyone who's ever said anything negative about a win or a loss throughout the entire season. And stating facts that losing to all NFC playoff teams that they've played (4/5 assuming NYG wins like they should) doesn't bode well for them in the playoffs.

The Lions are a playoff team, they're a good team, but they're not a top 5 team. They can get there, but they have a long way to be as good as a team like the Saints.

They match up well with teams like Green Bay or New England, when healthy, but they're not there yet - they're not better than those teams. Almost everyone can see that. They're on the right track and should get there by filling some holes on the OL, secondary, LB, etc.

December 28th, 2011, 1:22 pm
League MVP

you ok co2?

December 28th, 2011, 6:21 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
you ok co2?

Of course. I'm not expecting a playoff win unless they play NY/Dal or SF. I don't think they can beat GB or NO. They could beat ATL, especially with them just losing two key defensive starters last week.

It's always better to curb the enthusiasm and be optimistic to an extent, but keep it in context. I've heard a lot of crap about how it'd be an easy road to the NFC championship game and all this...yeah, right.

December 28th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Pablo wrote:

And we will beat them when it matters.

December 28th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next