View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:55 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 We have no chance to beat New Orleans 
Author Message
Junior Varsity
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 178
Location: Dartmouth
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
What you fail to see, is that with Stafford we always have a chance.


Like the last drive today in the GB game?

:roll:


You're just happy you could crawl out from under your rock because they lost.


Not at all, I wish they would have won. They definitely outperformed my expectations this season, and Titus Young is looking like a great value. I'm happy about the state of the team, but I'm not ready to get on my knees in front of Stafford and blow the guy, or proclaim that we will "always have a chance" when he's playing. We've been blown out plenty of times that he's played, and, while he had a great day, he screwed up bad when it counted. He still has a ways to go.



Stafford has had some off games this season, but today wasn't one of them.

I would say the D not being able to make a stop with under 3 minutes to go to keep the lead is what was screwed up bad when it counted.

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


January 1st, 2012, 7:23 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
Grink wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
What you fail to see, is that with Stafford we always have a chance.


Like the last drive today in the GB game?

:roll:


You're just happy you could crawl out from under your rock because they lost.


Not at all, I wish they would have won. They definitely outperformed my expectations this season, and Titus Young is looking like a great value. I'm happy about the state of the team, but I'm not ready to get on my knees in front of Stafford and blow the guy, or proclaim that we will "always have a chance" when he's playing. We've been blown out plenty of times that he's played, and, while he had a great day, he screwed up bad when it counted. He still has a ways to go.


+1


Stafford has had some off games this season, but today wasn't one of them.

I would say the D not being able to make a stop with under 3 minutes to go to keep the lead is what was screwed up bad when it counted.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


January 1st, 2012, 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10290
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
If today's defense shows up, we will have no chance. Smith was awful, Houston got beat deep a couple times, and both safeties were awful. Wright was ok, but even that's being nice.

Also, why could they get some new cleats at halftime? I saw dozens of lions slip and maybe one packer.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 1st, 2012, 7:32 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
What you fail to see, is that with Stafford we always have a chance.


Like the last drive today in the GB game?

:roll:


You're just happy you could crawl out from under your rock because they lost.


Not at all, I wish they would have won. They definitely outperformed my expectations this season, and Titus Young is looking like a great value. I'm happy about the state of the team, but I'm not ready to get on my knees in front of Stafford and blow the guy, or proclaim that we will "always have a chance" when he's playing. We've been blown out plenty of times that he's played, and, while he had a great day, he screwed up bad when it counted. He still has a ways to go.


The guy had 500+ yards and 5 TDs. What more could you ask for?



THANK YOU!


And to George....piss poor post. Dont EVER call yourself a fan.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 1st, 2012, 7:57 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
The only teams that have a chance to go into a domed stadium and beat the Saints are teams that can score points.

Packers
Lions
maybe Cowboys

That's it. Lions have a chance, easily. And if they did beat them, the Packers better watch out. Lions could go all the way, and a victory over the Saints could spring it.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


January 1st, 2012, 8:03 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7370
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
49ers wrote:
The only teams that have a chance to go into a domed stadium and beat the Saints are teams that can score points.

Packers
Lions
maybe Cowboys

That's it. Lions have a chance, easily. And if they did beat them, the Packers better watch out. Lions could go all the way, and a victory over the Saints could spring it.


That may actually be the greatest post you have ever placed on this site. The world must be coming to an end. Because I agree with you.


January 1st, 2012, 8:07 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
Grink wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
What you fail to see, is that with Stafford we always have a chance.


Like the last drive today in the GB game?

:roll:


You're just happy you could crawl out from under your rock because they lost.


Not at all, I wish they would have won. They definitely outperformed my expectations this season, and Titus Young is looking like a great value. I'm happy about the state of the team, but I'm not ready to get on my knees in front of Stafford and blow the guy, or proclaim that we will "always have a chance" when he's playing. We've been blown out plenty of times that he's played, and, while he had a great day, he screwed up bad when it counted. He still has a ways to go.



Stafford has had some off games this season, but today wasn't one of them.

I would say the D not being able to make a stop with under 3 minutes to go to keep the lead is what was screwed up bad when it counted.



Absolutely agree!
Counting on Mayhew to address the LB's and secondary on D-Day.


January 1st, 2012, 8:09 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10290
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
George is forgetting that the saints didn't exactly blow out the lions 31-17 in their house and stafford put up over 400 yards.

The saints are also scared of CJ and put gunner coverage on him at the goal line. The lions will take this one personally, as saints players were very chippy and did whatever they could to bring about a penalty against the lions, just like those classy packers.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 1st, 2012, 8:11 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
Georgechuvalo, I bet your mom would abort you now if she could. She probably wishes she had swallowed you. I bet you don't post after we beat the Saints since you never offer any insight on any games. You just talk after the fact with no real knowledge of football. I did'nt even read your OP because you have not posted a single thing worth reading. I understand if you hate the Lions but you just come off as an idiot. People come and bash the Lions all the time but atleast most of the time they have something meaningful to say. You are just a talkative loser talking trash. You are football retarded trying to bring football saavy fans down to your remedial level.

And the funny thing is that you won't even admit who you root for probably because you fear you'll be ripped on. I guess your not only stupid but your also an uber p*$$y too :lol: F***yourlife

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


January 2nd, 2012, 12:55 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2286
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
Not so sure playing the Giants in New York would've been an 'easier' game anyways. As Schwartz said this week, no matter what happened on Sunday, we were going to have to play some good teams on the road. I guess we'll see what we're made of.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


January 2nd, 2012, 1:18 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2005, 4:50 pm
Posts: 70
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
To be honest, I am satisfied that our team is going to get some valuable playoff experience, win or lose. Anything beyond is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. Not that I won't be cheering for the Lions to win, but it is really freakin nice to know that no matter what happens, I will not be disappointed with my team this year. FINALLY!

_________________
You and me and the devil makes three.
Image


January 2nd, 2012, 1:22 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
jedi~outcast wrote:
All I can say is WE DO HAVE A CHANCE!!!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


January 2nd, 2012, 7:07 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
[quote="Killwill25"
]Georgechuvalo, I bet your mom would abort you now if she could. She probably wishes she had swallowed you. I bet you don't post after we beat the Saints since you never offer any insight on any games. You just talk after the fact with no real knowledge of football. I did'nt even read your OP because you have not posted a single thing worth reading. I understand if you hate the Lions but you just come off as an idiot. People come and bash the Lions all the time but atleast most of the time they have something meaningful to say. You are just a talkative loser talking trash. You are football retarded trying to bring football saavy fans down to your remedial level.

And the funny thing is that you won't even admit who you root for probably because you fear you'll be ripped on. I guess your not only stupid but your also an uber p*$$y too :lol: F***yourlife[/quote

You know punks like you that talk about peoples moms are just that punks, one day you will open up your big mouth to someone that stands in front of you and you will get it, mark my words, skum like you do not go through life without paying for things you say. Your mom must be real proud of a son like you. How many foster homes have you been in by the way. You need help.


January 2nd, 2012, 7:11 am
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 870
Location: Washington, DC
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
georgechuvalo -

You brought it on yourself you frickin' troll.


January 2nd, 2012, 9:09 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: We have no chance to beat New Orleans
Hystrix wrote:
georgechuvalo -

You brought it on yourself you frickin' troll.



Well said. So true.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 2nd, 2012, 9:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.