View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 what is with all the doom and gloom about the lions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: what is with all the doom and gloom about the lions
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
Now they are ridiculed and reviled because of the reputation they have. Nobody wants to see the bully win the fight. Guess who the bully is?

Actually, I disagree.

Explain the popularity of the Raiders. Lots of people hate the Raiders, but they are still one of the most popular teams in the NFL.

When the Raiders were good, they were bullies. But they were good enough to win regardless of that.

The Lions can get personal fouls--I don't care. But they have to win the game.

If they're going to get penalized 15 yards one down, they have to be good enough to go out on the next down and pickup 20. They aren't there yet. When they are, no one around here will care that they're bullies.

Read what you said....lots pof people hate the Raiders. The fact that the Raiders are popular doesn't mean squat. And the fact is, you watch the officiating being done and tell me that they aren't LOOKING for the Lions to make a mistake. Anything close is being flagged. Look what happened with Richard Seymour this past weekend. No way he should have been ejected for that, but his reputation and being a part of the Raiders helped that decision to be made. Same thing with the Nate Burleson pass interference penalties. I sat there and watched Jimmy Graham pushing off on Amari Spievey all night long, in much more physical fashion.....no calls. Burleson barely touches Tracy Porter, and here comes the laundry. The officials are waiting for the little stuff to happen. And I am convinced that this is all a result of the Lions reputation as a dirty team.

And keep in mind that back in the day when the Raiders were good and loved/hated, the rules allowed them to play football. Not like the BS creampuff rules that Goodell the douchebag has forced into place now.

December 7th, 2011, 10:14 am
Stadium Announcer

Seriously guys all i gotta say is the expectations of this team before the season started was 9-7...Not to mention we lost fairly and leshoure early in the season so we were without our first two draft picks. Lost best, durant, delmas, houston, and stafford has been playing the last 4 or 5 with a fractured finger. They are young and frustration is setting in.

I think the worst part is them starting out 5-0 from a fan perspective because now your expectations have risen. Theyre still a couple years away...Lets say they make the playoffs. They arent gonna be able to hang with any of the teams in there so give it a rest.

Preseason prediction 9-7
Right now 7-5
MIN 8-5
@OAK 8-6
SD 9-6
@GB 9-7

worked out perfect i must say :)

December 9th, 2011, 3:33 pm
Varsity Captain

Not nearly perfect .as a matter of fact lf57 you still laughing at my 4 straight win and playoff prediction now.my cornbread is sweet

January 1st, 2012, 5:45 am
Hall of Fame Player

allenslions wrote:
Not nearly perfect .as a matter of fact lf57 you still laughing at my 4 straight win and playoff prediction now.my cornbread is sweet

Perhaps you should have waited until after the Green Bay game to post this drivel instead of shooting off your mouth before hand.

Regardless, you still don't get it. When you started this thread it was right after the New Orleans meltdown and you sounded like the naive slappy's that call into the radio station with outrageous predictions of what the Lions will do. Now you just sound like an adolescent that thinks he won some contest.

I feel much like Valenti does on 97.1. That is to say there's a lot to be happy about this season given where the Lions have come from but that doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of room for improvement before they can really compete with the elite teams. As evidenced by the defense giving up 45 points to the Packers second team.

Personally, the Lions have met my expectations for this season; they won 9+ games and made the playoffs. That's meaningful progress beyond last year whereas 8-8 wasn't going to satisfy me for this years campaign.

In another thread where people were ripping on Stafford during his broken finger struggles I said that I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league and I stick by that sentiment. He had a stellar year and should have made the pro-bowl! But that doesn't mean he doesn't have room to grow further and I'm sure he will.

The point is that the Lions can win in NO this Saturday but that doesn't mean they will. It's the NFL and it's build around parody. Even the Chiefs found a way to do what the Lions couldn't do. The Lions need to minimize their mistakes and capitalize on any mistakes the Saints make. Both our lines need to dominate and I don't have a lot of faith in our O-line's ability to put together a 'C+' or better game.

January 3rd, 2012, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
LionFan57 wrote:
allenslions wrote:
The point is that the Lions can win in NO this Saturday but that doesn't mean they will. It's the NFL and it's build around parody. Even the Chiefs found a way to do what the Lions couldn't do. The Lions need to minimize their mistakes and capitalize on any mistakes the Saints make. Both our lines need to dominate and I don't have a lot of faith in our O-line's ability to put together a 'C+' or better game.

I agree. D needs a B+ or better I think.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 4th, 2012, 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2