View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 9:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 When is Suh going to learn 
All State

Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Playoffs baby ! Thats all that matters .. Suh doesnt need to change his approach or anything , just put his emotions in check .. I think this was a big year for the kid mentally .. He had his 1st REAL taste of fame this year ..

January 3rd, 2012, 11:17 am
QB Coach

Discount Double Dance, is A Rodgers "touchdown dance" per State Farm insurance.

KVB has done it this year earlier in the season, and now Suh did it, I don't see how that lacks class as Billick stated the other day.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 3rd, 2012, 1:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
Did anybody else hear this on Wednesday?
Detroit Free Press wrote:
Lions' Ndamukong Suh cuts radio call short
1:38 AM, Dec. 15, 2011

Was this the day Ndamukong Suh faced the media music about his two-game suspension?

Nah, he calmly tried to deflect those questions with non-answers like "that's in the past," "concentrate on football," "that's in-house," etc.

The strategy didn't play so well during his weekly interview on WXYT:

"You know, look, I really don't know what else to ask," host Mike Valenti said finally, "because I'm not getting a whole lot here. ..."

Suh: "You're not getting a lot because of the questions you're asking. I'm ..."

Valenti: "What questions should I ask?"

Suh: "... I'm looking forward to playing football. I'm glad I'm back to help a team that I deeply care about. ... That's the most important thing, and I'm going to continue to reiterate that, because it's not an Ndamukong Suh show, it's Ndamukong Suh that's a part of the Detroit Lions team."

Valenti: "But that's what the past two weeks have been. It has been an Ndamukong Suh show ..."

Suh: "Not because I made it that way ..."

Valenti: "Because of your actions on Thanksgiving, you didn't make it into this?"

Suh: "OK, I appreciate the conversation, the interview. Have a good day."

And stay tuned for next week's appearance.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111215/SPORTS01/112150565/Extra-points-Suh-cuts-radio-call-short

I personally thought Suh was being a jerk, but others feel differently.

I listened to this interview when it happened and frankly I thought Valenti (and to a slightly lesser extent, Foster too) was a jerk. Especially how they defended themselves after the fact.

I subscribe to the belief that what athletes (and any celebrity for that matter) give us on the field (or the screen) is ALL they owe us. The medias would have us believe that they (Suh in this case) owes us more and an answer to every question. Further, the media often pushes for some apology or atonement or self reflection for any wrong doing. Valenti certainly did in this case. I don't see it that way at all. Suh wasn't going to give Valenti what he wanted and Valenti got pissed.

In the long run Suh said all he needed to say on the field and in a direct apology so it's now moot. But I agree with W4C; at some point no one wants to rehash their mistakes and I don't feel Suh owed Valenti (or anybody) anything.

January 3rd, 2012, 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Here's a question - did Tebow asked to have a F'ing song on ESPN? Did Tebow asked to be made the butt of so many jokes? Did Tebow do anything to say hey, look at me, everyone talk about me nonstop? No. Tebow just went out and played like he should.

I like Tebow. I think he's what the nfl needs - someone who gives it their all on every play. A good role model for young kids. Do I think he's a good QB? No.

The media makes something out of nothing. The media has made Suh out to be this thug a-hole that should be banned from the sport. The media has made Suh's mock of Rodgers discount double check TD dance a 'low blow.' Give me a F'ing break. He did Rodgers move. Big deal. Is that a low blow? Is the media full of such p*ssies that doing his TD dance is now a low blow and that further makes suh an a-hole?

The media is the cause of all this BS and it's their fault.

January 3rd, 2012, 2:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
Here's a question - did Tebow asked to have a F'ing song on ESPN? Did Tebow asked to be made the butt of so many jokes? Did Tebow do anything to say hey, look at me, everyone talk about me nonstop? No. Tebow just went out and played like he should.

I like Tebow. I think he's what the nfl needs - someone who gives it their all on every play. A good role model for young kids. Do I think he's a good QB? No.

The media makes something out of nothing. The media has made Suh out to be this thug a-hole that should be banned from the sport. The media has made Suh's mock of Rodgers discount double check TD dance a 'low blow.' Give me a F'ing break. He did Rodgers move. Big deal. Is that a low blow? Is the media full of such p*ssies that doing his TD dance is now a low blow and that further makes suh an a-hole?

The media is the cause of all this BS and it's their fault.

Agreed!! Great post C02.

January 3rd, 2012, 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I like Tebow. I think he's what the nfl needs - someone who gives it their all on every play. A good role model for young kids.

You should see the quote by one of the four students from long island who got expelled for "tebowing" in the hallway.

They basically said the same thing that he's an excellent role model for sportsmanship, faith (if you have it), and isn't running around with tattoos all over himself, and 13 illegitimate children, and a thug attitude. The media is Christophobic, and will do all it can to demonize anyone who portrays the Christian faith, especially on T.V. Case in point, the NCAA has ruled that College Players can NOT put any messages on their EYE BLACK, because of Tebow's Scripture reference. Just because it was there doesn't mean anyone actually has to read it.

It's an absolute shame how Politically Correct is the virus that is sweeping this nation, and we are too complacent to care!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

"Good vs Evil" Continued: New campaign commercial compares Bachmann to Tebow, gets a shot in at Suh:

Quote:
Super PAC Ad Likens Michele Bachmann To Tim Tebow
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... _ref=false
First Posted: 01/ 3/12 12:23 PM ET Updated: 01/ 3/12 01:03 PM ET
React

A Super PAC supporting Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is running a TV ad in Iowa comparing the Minnesota congresswoman to beloved football quarterback Tim Tebow.

The No Compromise PAC says the "establishment" just "loves to hate" both Tebow and Bachmann, claiming the Denver Broncos quarterback makes sports fans feel guilty because the born-again Christian doesn't "drink, cuss, smoke, or kick opponents when they're down."

"The same could be said of Michele Bachmann: no baggage, Christian, and like Tebow, she keeps fighting and she just keeps winning votes," the ad goes.

Bachmann might want to be careful drawing any links between her campaign and the football star, however. Ever since fellow contender Texas Gov. Rick Perry invoked Tebow last month at the last GOP presidential debate in Iowa, the quarterback has been on a loosing steak.

Defending his struggling campaign, Perry painted himself as an underdog like Tebow. "There are a lot of folks that said Tim Tebow wasn't going to be a very good NFL quarterback ... Let me tell you, I hope I am the Tim Tebow of the Iowa caucuses," he said.

Perry's comment came shortly after a series of wins by Tebow spawned an internet phenomenon. But since then, the quarterback has had three consecutive losses. As The Huffington Post's Sam Stein tweeted: "ever since Rick Perry said he was the Tim Tebow of this GOP field, Tebow has been preforming like he’s the Rick Perry of QBs."

Something else Bachmann and Tebow have in common: Both have invoked God to win. Bachmann, polling in sixth place in Iowa, said confidently this weekend, "We expect to see a miracle."

January 3rd, 2012, 4:29 pm
QB Coach

And Senator Bachman saw her miracle, Santorum came from behind!!! Oh she meant a miracle for herself? Um, I can't comment on that!

January 4th, 2012, 9:38 am
Rookie Player of the Year

From Mike O' Hara's column today:

Quote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120109/OPINION03/201090415/1126/rss14
4. Suh: There was more drama than production in his second season. His sack total fell from 10 to four, and he was not nearly as disruptive.

As a rookie, Suh was voted a Pro Bowl starter and a first-team All-Pro selection. In his second season, Suh was a distant alternate in the Pro Bowl voting and got only one All-Pro vote.

Suh is a man unto himself in many regards. On one hand, he has been recognized as the athlete who donates the most money to charity.

On the other, he was the one Lion who did not participate when his teammates circulated around Ford Field to shake hands with the fans after clinching the playoffs with a victory over the Chargers on Christmas Eve.

I hadn't heard that. If it's true, I just lost a ton of respect for the big guy.

January 9th, 2012, 4:56 pm
QB Coach

Found this to be an interesting stat after the denver/pittsburgh game, and since tebow was mentioned I didin't want to start a new thread.

• The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice on Sunday night. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.

January 10th, 2012, 9:33 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Found this to be an interesting stat after the denver/pittsburgh game, and since tebow was mentioned I didin't want to start a new thread.

• The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice on Sunday night. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.

Saw this on the news last night.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:

With all due respect, WTH does that have to do with Suh or the Lions? :confused:
Please see Around the League forum, kthxby :wink:

January 10th, 2012, 12:58 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:

He also completed 10 passes, which was exactly equal to his number of rushing attempts... Freaky, especially that 10 games ago in the regular season he faced our Lions and the Broncos scored 10 points in that game. OMG, must be divine intervention...

and he passed for 60 yards the week before. And did you know the Bible was written in Hebrew and the fifteenth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is samekh. (Note that each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a corresponding number, in which samekh = 60.) And the root means "to lean upon, to support, to uphold."

And in the King James version, The Psalms 60 is "A Prayer for Help against the Foe" and on that week the foe was the Kansas City Chiefs.

Then again, as Wags pointed out - what does that have to do with Suh... [-o<

January 10th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

He also completed 10 passes, which was exactly equal to his number of rushing attempts... Freaky, especially that 10 games ago in the regular season he faced our Lions and the Broncos scored 10 points in that game. OMG, must be divine intervention...

and he passed for 60 yards the week before. And did you know the Bible was written in Hebrew and the fifteenth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is samekh. (Note that each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a corresponding number, in which samekh = 60.) And the root means "to lean upon, to support, to uphold."

And in the King James version, The Psalms 60 is "A Prayer for Help against the Foe" and on that week the foe was the Kansas City Chiefs.

Then again, as Wags pointed out - what does that have to do with Suh... [-o<

He also completed 47.6% of his passes. What does John 4:76 say? Just a coincidence, not a sign that God is smiling on Denver and Tim Tebow and helping him win a game...

January 10th, 2012, 2:15 pm
Stadium Announcer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
From Mike O' Hara's column today:

Quote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120109/OPINION03/201090415/1126/rss14
4. Suh: There was more drama than production in his second season. His sack total fell from 10 to four, and he was not nearly as disruptive.

As a rookie, Suh was voted a Pro Bowl starter and a first-team All-Pro selection. In his second season, Suh was a distant alternate in the Pro Bowl voting and got only one All-Pro vote.

Suh is a man unto himself in many regards. On one hand, he has been recognized as the athlete who donates the most money to charity.

On the other, he was the one Lion who did not participate when his teammates circulated around Ford Field to shake hands with the fans after clinching the playoffs with a victory over the Chargers on Christmas Eve.

I hadn't heard that. If it's true, I just lost a ton of respect for the big guy.

Is it true? can someone confirm the dudes question instead of talking about friggen tebow who is gonna get slotered by the pats on sat.

January 10th, 2012, 2:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next