View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 

Who will win?
Lions 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Saints 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Too close to call 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33

Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS?
Here we go. It's the first playoff prediction thread for the Lions in the history of this board. That's something to be thankful for atleast. Unfortunately, I don't see the Lions winning this game, but they should keep it close.

SAINTS 41 LIONS 34

January 4th, 2012, 1:47 am
Position Coach

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
LIONS 38
SAINTS 27

January 4th, 2012, 3:11 am
Walk On

Cunningham gets creative with the defense for the first time this season, he brings our corners up to press, and Brees and co. aren't ready for it

The offense keeps rolling like they have been, we pick up chunks to quiet the crowd.

Saints still get theres, but our D steps up

Lions- 31
Saints- 28

In a nail biter

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

January 4th, 2012, 4:38 am
3rd Round Selection

If the offense plays like it did against GB, we can beat anyone. If the defense plays like it did against GB, we can lose to anyone.

I've got confidence in our offense that they can repeat that performance - they've been consistantly good enough over the last few games to deserve that confidence.

I also think that our D can step up from the performance against GB - with hopefully some injured members of the secondary returning to action.

So I think we're in with a chance.

Having said that, the Saints are arguably the form team of the NFL at the minute. So I can't pick against them, either.

So I voted too close to call. Head says Saints win, heart says Lions.

GO LIONS!

January 4th, 2012, 7:00 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Is a second Superdome miracle this week too much to ask for?

January 4th, 2012, 9:41 am
RIP Killer

Saints 44
Lions 41

OT - Lions score first in overtime on a Hanson FG but the new OT rule kicks in and the Saints score a TD to win (not needing the XP).

January 4th, 2012, 10:25 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'd reatlly like to see the Lions get a win in New Orleans, if nothing else just to shut georgechuvale the F up. However, I don't think it will happen. I have several reasons, some more far fetched than others.

1. Drew Brees - I think he will be determined to show that he is the better QB, since there are some that feel, despite his record breaking season, he is not the best QB in the league.

2. Saints O-line - I think the Saints line trumps our D-line more so than our O-line trumps their D-line. I think the front four can get pressure, but not consistently enough to throw Brees off his game. Also, they have a running game, and our team does not.

3. Inconsistency - The Lions played one game where they were consistently good on both sides of the LOS throughout the contest, and that was the Chargers game. Unless they play with the same consistency and control, they won't win.

4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.

January 4th, 2012, 10:45 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm thrilled that the Lions are finally in the playoffs again, but going to NO is the toughest possible draw. NO hasn't lost at home this year and the Lions will have to play a perfect game in all three phases in order to have a chance. I would love to be wrong...

Saints 38
Lions 27

No matter what happens, I'm very happy about this team and encouraged that we could see quite a few more playoff appearances over the next decade.

January 4th, 2012, 10:49 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Cornbread and Kool-aid

35-27
Lions

Defense with Suh and Fairly playing side by side, each taking turns with pressure, Williams/Avril getting sacks. Delmas with hug hits causing fumbles. Pett having another huge game, and with CJ getting double and tripled Young getting his. Smith running for big chunks at a time. Stafford having a huge day with no picks. Saints make it look closer than it really was in garbage time. Look for an on-sides kick recovery after the Lions score on their opening drive then take that in for a 14-0 lead.

Poor me another glass of Kool-aid please.

Frok

January 4th, 2012, 11:13 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Is a second Superdome miracle this week too much to ask for?

No poop. Near had 4 Heart Attacks last night, and literally felt bad for VT afterwards. I don't think they got jobbed, but do think they had an inordinate amount of bad luck causing some of those calls in semi-iffy situations. VT got 0 breaks, UM got many.

m2karateman wrote:
4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.

I hate to say it but I couldnt agree more. Obviously bias has always existed, but this was the 1st year where you could feel it in the air, and it was blatant to the point of being a joke like in the NBA. Hopefully someone calls them out for it this offseason and they cut that poop out for next year.

January 4th, 2012, 12:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

I honestly believe the difference between us Winning and Losing is nothing more than how well we shut down their TE Graham. If we shut him down, we will win. ( Provided that we don't get completely REFFED again).

I wish a Lions beat writer would submit a nation article ripping the NFL for fixing games via the REFS. And end the article with WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU REFS!

Just roll the tape of either Packers Game, the previous N.O. Game, the Atl game, The 2nd Bears game. We got REFFED in every one of those games. The only legitimate loss we had was to the 49ers. And that was because we simply scored too quick and left too much time on the clock.

Don't get me wrong. I realize that we could have been better and won despite the bad officiating in each of those games. The point is, the refs clearly hosed us in each of those games. And they refused to equally hose the other teams. I have no problem with bad officiating when they are equally bad to both teams. I have a huge problem with them when they are slanted to one side with the bad officiating.

January 4th, 2012, 12:36 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
I honestly believe the difference between us Winning and Losing is nothing more than how well we shut down their TE Graham. If we shut him down, we will win. ( Provided that we don't get completely REFFED again).

I wish a Lions beat writer would submit a nation article ripping the NFL for fixing games via the REFS. And end the article with WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU REFS!

Just roll the tape of either Packers Game, the previous N.O. Game, the Atl game, The 2nd Bears game. We got REFFED in every one of those games. The only legitimate loss we had was to the 49ers. And that was because we simply scored too quick and left too much time on the clock.

Don't get me wrong. I realize that we could have been better and won despite the bad officiating in each of those games. The point is, the refs clearly hosed us in each of those games. And they refused to equally hose the other teams. I have no problem with bad officiating when they are equally bad to both teams. I have a huge problem with them when they are slanted to one side with the bad officiating.

+1

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 4th, 2012, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

+1

+2

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 4th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Modmin Dude

Lions 24
Saints 21

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 4th, 2012, 2:35 pm