View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Packers 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Packers
slybri19 wrote:
I'm still completely disgusted by that game. If a second string QB can throw for 480 yards against that atrocious defense, just imagine what Drew Brees will do. My dead grandma could score against Smith and he needs to be benched immediately. Some people wondered why he was a healthy scratch in the middle of the season. Now you know why. I almost miss Travis Fisher right now, but I won't go quite that far yet. If Smith sees the field against the Saints, they will get blown out.

All I have to say is:

The Packers defense was not much better than the Lions defense. If at all.

It was just destined to be a no defense game.

January 2nd, 2012, 4:33 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Killwill25 wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
I'm still completely disgusted by that game. If a second string QB can throw for 480 yards against that atrocious defense, just imagine what Drew Brees will do. My dead grandma could score against Smith and he needs to be benched immediately. Some people wondered why he was a healthy scratch in the middle of the season. Now you know why. I almost miss Travis Fisher right now, but I won't go quite that far yet. If Smith sees the field against the Saints, they will get blown out.

Do you think if Smith did not play the Lions would have a chance to win, give me a break, they are going to get blown out whether he plays or not.

LOL George is such a troll, it's so funny.

He literally lives under a bridge(with internet access lol)

Gets random wifi from someone house he steals lol :D

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 2nd, 2012, 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Can't blame the refs all the way...Way to many dropped passes and horrible tackling. Still The refs blow dogs for quarters.

January 2nd, 2012, 4:49 pm
QB Coach

I would like to say for the record that GB may have had their 2nd string qb and many 1st string players missing, but we had our2nd string 2ndary in operation, and some patchwork mixed in, so it wasn't really our 1's against their 2's.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 3rd, 2012, 1:49 pm
RIP Killer

We were missing one of our best DLmen and our best secondary defender.

C-Will is a huge part of this team, drawing double teams on nearly every play and taking up 2 holes.

Delmas is a massive loss for this already lacking secondary. Harris is bad and the other clowns are even worse. Speivey has been atrocious with Delmas out, as his poor tackling is really showing up. Delmas covers that more than it seems.

We were without Best on offense, arguably our 2nd best weapon. Green Bay was without Rodgers (arguably the top 2 QB in the league) and Greg Jennings. IMO, Jhavid Best > Greg Jennings, as best means so much more to this offense than Jennings does to their offense. Also, we didn't have, nor have we had, our #2 draft pick in LeShoure.

So, Green Bay can claim they were playing their second stringers all they want, but if they look at it without the blinders on, the only advantage we really had over them was Rodgers being out. Other than that, they had equally as big advantages on us.

January 3rd, 2012, 2:48 pm
RIP Killer

The Jets had NO CHANCE against the Colts in SB3....

The Giants had NO CHANCE against the Pats in SB42....

The Seahawks had NO CHANCE against the Saints in last years playoffs....

The one thing that is certain in the NFL is that there is no such thing as NO CHANCE. The Lions went into New Orleans earlier this year and played the Saints tough. If not for some pretty obvious skewed officiating, they had a very real chance of upsetting the Saints. The offensive PI calls were ridiculous, particularly given the amount of contact their secondary was initiating beyond the 5 yard mark.

If the refs call it fair (unlikely) and the Lions come out like they did against San Diego, the Lions have a very REAL chance of winning this game. Drew Brees is not unbeatable.

georgechuvalo....you need to STOP making such statements. While I agree that the Lions are obvious underdogs and will be facing a mountain without a sherpa, that doesn't mean they can't find the way to climb to the top.

January 3rd, 2012, 3:38 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
The Jets had NO CHANCE against the Colts in SB3....

The Giants had NO CHANCE against the Pats in SB42....

The Seahawks had NO CHANCE against the Saints in last years playoffs....

The one thing that is certain in the NFL is that there is no such thing as NO CHANCE. The Lions went into New Orleans earlier this year and played the Saints tough. If not for some pretty obvious skewed officiating, they had a very real chance of upsetting the Saints. The offensive PI calls were ridiculous, particularly given the amount of contact their secondary was initiating beyond the 5 yard mark.

If the refs call it fair (unlikely) and the Lions come out like they did against San Diego, the Lions have a very REAL chance of winning this game. Drew Brees is not unbeatable.

georgechuvalo....you need to STOP making such statements. While I agree that the Lions are obvious underdogs and will be facing a mountain without a sherpa, that doesn't mean they can't find the way to climb to the top.

Seemed like there was "NO WAY we beat the Chargers"

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 4th, 2012, 10:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
Seemed like there was "NO WAY we beat the Chargers"

All week we just heard "Rivers is 23-2 in December", "SD is just unbeatable late in the season". The Lions have been an after thought all year. And after we beat NO it will be "The Saints were just off their game"

January 5th, 2012, 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3