View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GVL Offseason Thread. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post GVL Offseason Thread.
Congrats go out to Wags for winning the League Championship.

Also, everyone welcome our newest owner, kdsberman. He is taking over Australian Peel.

I am still searching for a new Owner for Windy Warriors.

Please go to the League Homepage and read the LM Note. It lays out the post season agenda for the League.

Apparently, we have to wait for ESPN to set up for next year before we can begin trading.

January 2nd, 2012, 6:06 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: GVL Offseason Thread.
If everyone would update their Trading Block, (set your keepers as untouchable and everyone else to available), everyone will be able to see who you plan on keeping and who they might be interested in trading for.

NOTE: Just because you have set a player as untouchable, does not mean that you can't trade them. It just means that other people will realize that they will have to knock your socks off to get that player in trade.

Anyway, by updating your Trading Block, everyone can start planning for next year. ESPN probably won't set up for next season until late May/early June. So, we won't be able to trade draft picks until
then.

I will keep checking from time to time and will let everyone know as soon as I find out that we can trade our draft picks.

January 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm only interested in acquiring draft picks in a trade, but Michael Vick and Jermichael Finley will be available this summer.

January 4th, 2012, 1:27 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
I'm only interested in acquiring draft picks in a trade, but Michael Vick and Jermichael Finley will be available this summer.

Just remember, when trading draft picks, you have to get a pick in return. You must keep 33 total picks. 23 of those picks can be in the last 3 rounds of the draft. But, you must keep 33 total picks. If you acquire more than 33 picks, you will only be drafting players you will be forced to cut.

Also, you may not trade picks 1-10. Those are reserved for your keepers. So, the 11th round pick is actually the 1st round pick.

I know that you know all this, Sly. I just thought I would take this opportunity to remind everyone else about draft pick trading rules.

January 4th, 2012, 11:43 am
League MVP

id like to play if you have any openings

January 5th, 2012, 1:55 am

You're wrong, Billy. ESPN will not allow you to use any extra picks once you have filled up your roster. Those with fewer picks are able to add free agents as soon as the draft has ended, so that isn't a problem either. I mention this since I'm open to trading two picks for a higher one, as long as I've acquired additional picks first.

January 5th, 2012, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

I've got a dearth of quality RBs: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Frank Gore, and Fred Jackson.

Looking to add top notch WRs.

January 5th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
id like to play if you have any openings

I have sent out your invite. Your team is Steensn's Windy Warriors.

It's the last team available. If you draft well, it should be competitive.

I count about 7 keeper worthy players on the roster if you count RB Ryan Williams who was on IR this year.

As has been mentioned, You will have opportunity to trade for players who are better than what you have. For a price..... LOL.

January 5th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
You're wrong, Billy. ESPN will not allow you to use any extra picks once you have filled up your roster. Those with fewer picks are able to add free agents as soon as the draft has ended, so that isn't a problem either. I mention this since I'm open to trading two picks for a higher one, as long as I've acquired additional picks first.

I didn't know that ESPN wouldn't let you use more than 33 draft picks ( For our league).

But, why would you trade for more than 33 picks when you know you can't use them anyway? It don't make any sense to me. But, anyway. I guess we can try it your way this off season. But, if it screws up the draft, it will be the last time we trade draft picks like that.

January 5th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Billy, you're missing the point. I wish to trade some of my players for draft picks, then turn around and trade those picks plus another for an even higher draft pick. In the end, I'll probably end up with 33 selections, but if it's one over or under, it really doesn't matter.

January 6th, 2012, 2:39 am
QB Coach

I'm also looking for a quality young WR. I'd also be up for trading players for improved draft picks. Got plenty to trade take a look. Names like Roddy White, Matt Schaub and plenty of D keeper worthy guys.

January 6th, 2012, 1:39 pm
QB Coach

So is this league officially dead?

June 7th, 2012, 10:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
So is this league officially dead?

Yes.

June 7th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

bah. I was looking to get into a keeper league this year

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

June 8th, 2012, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

we can bring it back to life... we have the technology...

June 8th, 2012, 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next